I'm new and need help.

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Guardian5611

I'm new and need help.

Postby Guardian5611 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi my name is Cory and my girlfriend is being treated horribly by CPS. I wanna help her so bad but i just dont know what i can possibly do. she turns 18 in 5 months yet they keeps tabs on her constantly and need to know everything she's doing and where she's at and who she's with. she has to lie to them all the time because they wont let her see me or be with me at all. her case worker just found out about me and now everyone's after her. her counselor, her foster parent, her case worker...ect...they're threatening her saying their going to put her into a detention home. Is there anything I could do at all? Any advice will help.

Michael

Re: I'm new and need help.

Postby Michael » Sat May 14, 2011 3:15 am

Your "girlfriend is 17 years old and in Foster care:. Please provide additional information:

Is she pregnant?
Does she have a drug history?
Do you have a drug history?
Do you have any criminal history?
Are you a convicted sex offender?
What state are you in?
Why is she in Foster Care?

Guardian5611

Postby Guardian5611 » Sat May 14, 2011 6:56 am

Is she pregnant? No she is not.
Does she have a drug history? No
Do you have a drug history? No
Do you have any criminal history? No
Are you a convicted sex offender? No
What state are you in? Pennsylvania
Why is she in Foster Care? They took her from her grandparents because they believed they were to old to take care of her.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat May 14, 2011 4:52 pm

What do they have against you? How old are you? You could back off and stay away from her for the next five months until she ages out of foster care. Then you two, if you are really meant for each other, will find each other again and be able to have a relationship without foster parents and CPS caseworker making it difficult. Five months is not a long time. Remember: Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Usually.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I agree with the previous post. It would be better for you to lay low for the next five months, so there's one less thing for CPS to hassle your girlfriend about. Once she turns 18, CPS will be out of your lives. That's October, right? By Halloween you can be back together.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”