School Using CPS as Malicious Retaliation

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Beatthescammers

School Using CPS as Malicious Retaliation

Postby Beatthescammers » Wed May 18, 2011 7:39 pm

I reported (to the school principal) my child's special ed teacher and the guidance counselor for verbally abusing/berating/yelling at my learning disabled child. The abuse was making her cry and she rarely cries. My school advocate told me after reporting them these monsters would report my child to CPS. They are well known in my town for doing this. Apparently the supervisor at CPS must be their relative or best friend because she sent a social worker to investigate a very minor injury.

CPS sent a case worker to school to investigate my daughter's scratches which were so minor that they didn't even have a scab and disappeared in 3 days. The case worker attempted to convince my daughter that a family member had given her these very minor injuries. When my daughter insisted that her pet scratched her, the caseworker tried to convince her that she must have done this to herself. Fortunately the social worker couldn't get my daughter to lie. Then the worker had the audacity to come to our nice, very clean home. My husband asked her what the allegations were and she said there were no allegations. The complaint was not sent to the reporting agency in our state. SO WHY WAS SHE MAKING A CPS CALL TO OUR HOME?

The caseworker told us that her supervisor had told her to go to school to interview my child and then go out to our house. The supervisor is working with these two monster teachers at my daughter's school. Using CPS to maliciously harass families is evil and should be illegal. I hope to find info on this forum on how to expose this CPS scam. These monster teachers have likely used this scam for years to threaten families who have complained about them.
Last edited by Beatthescammers on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ScaredMomNY

Re: School Using CPS as Malicious Retaliation

Postby ScaredMomNY » Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 pm

The same thing happened to us, except our kids were taken. However, I didn't advocate- I think the school just didn't want to pay for special ed services for my daughter: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10502

I have since learned the school violated federal law, and in my OP I snipped this from Wikipedia:

Schools and districts may retaliate against families who advocate for their children, sometimes retaliating against the children themselves.[citation needed] Such retaliation may include reporting the special needs child and family to the local state Child Protective Services, sometimes in an attempt to blame the "home environment" as being abusive or neglectful in order to shift blame away from the school for the child's failure to progress or regression at school. The school may claim that there was "evidence" of abuse and neglect, including dirty clothing, holes in clothing, poorly nutritious lunches given to child by parents, child's nosebleeds or a child's self-injurious behavior seen at school. Sometimes schools will report on a special needs child but not his/her non-disabled sibling. These actions often appear to be for retaliation and harassment purposes rather than based in fact.

The most screwed up thing is that by shifting attention to you, they are confident they will get away with it. People automatically assume YOU'RE the one trying to shift blame. It is infuriating, soulless and without conscience to attempt to rip apart a family as retaliation or revenge, and I wonder how many more parents don't speak up because of the stigma, or worse, they become convinced they somehow have caused their children's issues. There should be a penalty for this legally, because it is worse than the "educational" or "medical neglect" parents are charged with.

My daughter's school asked for counseling, and in just a few weeks, reported us to CPS for not getting it when we did not have insurance. The call to CPS was made one DAY before my daughter's scheduled psych eval. During an interrogation, CPS "found" evidence of abuse and claimed I placed my daughter in "imminent risk of death."

I am so sorry you are going through it too. It is horrible, like one of those movies where a person has to fight to clear their name, except you know the chances of clearing your name are about zero.
“Most people are good and occasionally do something they know is bad. Some people are bad and struggle every day to keep it under control. Others are corrupt to the core and don’t give a damn, as long as they don’t get caught. But evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.” My CPS blog: http://cpsmistakes.tumblr.com/

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I would take this information to the school board - let them know that they have teachers who are verbally abusing children then retaliating by calling CPS. These people need new jobs.. as ditch diggers or something appropriate to their mental capacities.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Thu May 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank you both for responding. When the caseworker sends us a letter stating that there was no evidence of problems during her home visit, we are going to expose the special ed teacher, the guidance counsel who called CPS, and the CPS supervisor that told a caseworker she must investigate minor cat scratches.) The light must be shown on cockroaches to force them to flee.) I image that the caseworker or the puppet supervisor will sit on this letter for months as part of "the passive-aggressive axis of evil".

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 pm

After reading more posts on this forum, I am now not sure that our family's "investigation" about CPS minor cat scratches is over. Is it ever "over" with these demons?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 am

You'll be lucky if you ever get a letter saying an investigation was dropped. In my state they aren't sent, to my knowledge. At least I never got them! Ever!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue May 24, 2011 12:07 am

Last school year, I pissed off the principal at my youngest childs school. Who told me that I had to get an issue with his birth certificate fixed and he couldnt return to school until it was...this was on Friday. (This was an issue caused by the state to begin with). Monday there was a knock at the door that I didnt send my child to school and that I had a kidnapped child. Try proving legally, that you have custody of your own child. Birth certificate isnt enough because of removals, adoptions ect. Prove on paper signed by a court and judge that you have the right to have custody of your own child. ....you cant really. ...(The call came anon. from the school)

The detective that was investigating the 'kidnapping' told me to get my child out of that school ASAP and that school places more calls to CPS than all of the other schools in the city combined.

I got the unfounded letter in the mail a month after the deadline. Postmarked a few days before I got it. The letter itself was backdated to a week before the investigation deadline. Funny that my sons grandmother and my best friend who were contacted by CPS, were contacted over a week after that letter was dated.

Anyhow, they never 'drop' anything. They will sometimes send a letter of unfounded, but if another call comes in, they will use that unfounded 'case' against you as showing a pattern of abuse and/or neglect. Too many parents have had children removed for 'having too many reports'.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”