MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

journey

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Postby journey » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF ARIZONA CPS HAS A POLICY FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA & WHAT IT IS. AS OF RIGHT NOW I HAVE BEEN ASKING MY CASE MANAGER THIS QUESTION WITH HIM JUST TELLING ME TO SPEAK TO MY LAWYER AND WE WILL TALK IN COURT. I AM STARTING TO THINK THAT THERE IS NO SUCH POLICY IN ORDER REGARDING MMJ. BUT THEY ARE FORCING ME TO QUIT MY MEDICATION AND BE PUT ON HARMFUL/ADDICTIVE PAIN PILLS....

IF ANY 1 HAS ANY TYPE OF ANSWER PLEAS RESPOND ...THANKS...

HappeeBee

Re: MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Postby HappeeBee » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:52 am

I haven't found anything on Arizona's CPS MM Policy. From what I can tell it's legal for authorized patients to use Marijuana for medical use. Apparently you have to be approved by the doctor and have some sort of card? If this is the case for you, your lawyer should know something about this. If not, I would look up the Medical Marijuana Act for your state and give it to him and the CPS worker.

mysticmom

Postby mysticmom » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:10 pm

HappeeBee wrote:I haven't found anything on Arizona's CPS MM Policy. From what I can tell it's legal for authorized patients to use Marijuana for medical use. Apparently you have to be approved by the doctor and have some sort of card? If this is the case for you, your lawyer should know something about this. If not, I would look up the Medical Marijuana Act for your state and give it to him and the CPS worker.

with that along with any other mind altering meds you will have to show that either you dont take it while kids are in your care or that somebody else of adult age with nothing in there system is in the house with you while you need to be on those medications

or you can get charged with neglect because of the meds

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

If there's nobody who isn't stoned there to take care of the children, it is considered neglect in most medical marijuana states.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

ayvaaurora

Postby ayvaaurora » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:13 am

what about in canada??.. i know a friend who had CPS enter her house. she was very honest about her marijuana use. She showed them where she smoked and explained how often she did so, which was one to 3 times a day. She explained and showed that she smoked away from her child, but did also explain that she is the only main caregiver of the child, and does not see a problem with being "stoned" while watching her child, because she had done it for long. they cheaked her out a couple times. but closed her case a few weeks in because they saw no harm in her use, even though she smoked in her house. it was in the basement always away from the child. but then my child was taken because i had rented out a few rooms to college students. the basement was theirs and upstairs was mine. they ended up having a little party for a friend, and i caught them smoking a joint in my basement. and as i was kicking everyone out, whilei was flipping out on everyone, cops show up!.. they saw they smell the pot. i tried to explain that it was all my roomate. but they called CPS right away. they showed up within 2 hours and i let them in willingly. i explained that i had caught them having a party. but this worker was convinced that it was all me. even though they looked around and found nothing, though i will admit that my house was not perfectly spotless, it was of course lived in. she sayed that the smell in the house was making her sick and that she could see smoke...??? umm im sure two ours had passed and that it was one meesly joint half smoked before i had caught them in the act. not only that, but my house is a 6 bedroom , there is no was in hell my house was hazy!!!!.. i didnt know what to do. they took my daughter and are trying to make me sign a 3 month TGO. im so scared and dont know what to do. i have taken clean drug tests and am in the middle of taking parenting courses and therpy. i just need to know all my rights and what i can do to look better in their eyes to get my daughter back.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”