Son born and taken. no cause. manipulating mother illegally

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

captcolt

Son born and taken. no cause. manipulating mother illegally

Postby captcolt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:09 am

After my son was born cps had been waiting to take our son from us based off my gf's mother and grandmother manipulation of the staff at the hospital and now i havent gotten to hold him yet even. Put a hold on him at hospital and based off my background have told my girlfriend if she doesnt go today and get a restraining order to exclude me from my son life for a mimimum of 6 months they will relocate the baby to a new family. This has trapped her at her crazy mom's house now prisoner controlled by her, and her psychiatric insanity over not being able to have children after her. Has told her she was gonna take her first by etc... shes scared. Can they force her to do that to me? Why cant THEY do it? They are making up stuff. Lying and making a false case. We had our baby. Everything was fine. They sneakily did this with planning from mom and grandma. Someone please reply SOON. she'll be at the court house at 10. Can they do that? Why does she have to do it? This is really fishy. -Colt

HappeeBee

Re: Son born and taken. no cause. manipulating mother illega

Postby HappeeBee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 am

Okay-what was the report? Do you have any evidence to present to the court?

Was in your position-my mom and stepfather were with my husband and I when we had our son and they called DCF on us the day I got discharged. I couldn't take my son home for two days while they checked our background.

Whatever you do-do not talk to CPS. Consult an attorney first. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!! If you have, you need to send them a notice recinding your signature. You do not have to let them in your home!

Is the reason why they're asking for a restraining order have to do with Domestic Violence or anything drug related? I would say fight it-bt speakign as a mom who couldn't take her baby home, I would just stay away for awhile and do what I have to do to straighten out this mess so that at least mom can have her baby and be able to bond. Hopefully something can be worked out in court. I would also suggest that your girlfriend move out of her moms house if this is the source of trouble.

monkette31

Re: Son born and taken. no cause. manipulating mother illega

Postby monkette31 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:01 pm

I think there's a motion you can write up and file with the court if it is that you want to take custody of the baby? I think it's called an Emergency Ex Parte Motion for injunctive relief, basically a statement asking the court to give you immediate custody of your own child. I am assuming that you and your girlfriend are of age. Have they served you with papers yet? You may want to call around and try and find out if and when there is a hearing. Out here the hearing is supposed to take place within 72 hours, but they don't count weekends (why they take kids on weds alot) where you as the father should be present. I have heard NUMEROUS stories of these emergency placement hearings kept secret from one or the other parents in order for cps to get that immediate longer term custody and at very minimum, a caseplan for the parent/s.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”