CPS and taking children across State lines

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

hayleymama

CPS and taking children across State lines

Postby hayleymama » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:37 pm

My best friend left the state after being told she was being investigated. She is a wonderful mom and I don't know much about her case since she just left but really would like to know what CPS is going to do to her. I'm worried, I know CPS is unfair and lies. Please let me know. I'm worried about her!

WhiteHaven

Re: CPS and taking children across State lines

Postby WhiteHaven » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Was she under court order to cooperate with DFCS? If not I don't see why it would be a problem.Me and my wife did the same thing when we thought they were trying to kidnap our kids. We came back after a month and we did all the crap we had to do and got them off our backs but we only did so because it was court ordered. If she has not signed a case plan nor was she court ordered she can do whatever she wants.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

If she's in the middle of an investigation, she would have/should have been told to maintain lines of communication and keep CPS apprised of any changes in her address, phone number, etc. She doesn't have to stay where she is, but she does need to give them a way to keep in touch with her. Maybe they will give up, but maybe not... maybe they will characterize her sudden, secret departure as an intent to hide something (bruises? drugs?). Perhaps they will say that she's "unstable" because she has ripped the kids from their home (funny how when THEY do it, it's for the kids' benefit!). These people have endless resources and time and if they want to pursue it, it could come back to haunt her horribly.

Moving out of the county (well, jurisdiction) she's in... now that could upset their investigation... they will lose jurisdiction and have to transfer it to the next county. Then they have to communicate the allegations & current findings to the next guy. At that point, they may decide to wrap up and close their case, but they may just pursue having the next county take it on. It depends on what the allegations are.

We actually considered moving 15 miles away to the next county for a few months, just to get out of LA County because an atty told us that LA County DCFS is completely and utterly effed up and the other counties would almost surely dismiss the allegations as irrelevant, let alone the "investigation." Luckily, we didn't have to. She could also send just the kids away to grandma's or a friend's house for an extended vacation.
Last edited by Eljay on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:34 pm

In southern california, I have heard that many counties are extremely screwed up as I see their stories on these boards much. Orange county, Los Angeles (for sure, us), Ventura County and santa clarita area I think are pretty bad.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”