CPS gives ex legal advice to use against me

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

integrity

CPS gives ex legal advice to use against me

Postby integrity » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:40 am

CPS closed the case but told my ex (who was the one being investigated on a tip from child's therapist) to subpoena the file to use against ME in our custody case. He did and it was lie after lie after lie.

He is trying to use it in court and I'm representing myself and object to it. Can a worker give HIM legal advice when he has a lawyer?

monkette31

Re: CPS gives ex legal advice to use against me

Postby monkette31 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Those pigs will do anything they want. Shouldn't the file be very clear that it was him that was being investigated? He was the "offending parent" as they calll them out here?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 am

If you are acting pro se, do you also have the right to subpoena files? Or can the court do that for you? It goes without saying that you're going to need your own copy of that file to protect yourself and your daughter.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:48 pm

They do have a right to make a recommendation. It is not a legal order, and not binding. Many times cases are closed with letters stating this or that. He probably asked a what if question, and they replied to request the records and file it in court if he so choose. In reality nothingwrong there. It is up to the court/attorneys to do whatever they must.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”