we are new to this and we need advice

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

supermom10

Re: we are new to this and we need advice

Postby supermom10 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:25 pm

update: MJ called earlier and asked my husband if he was going to be home, my husband told her no, but my wife will be what is this over she told him really rudely that she was dropping off the paperwork for a drug test, he told her ok, (we both were half asleep at the time she called), then we had a lady come to our door she said she was another caseworker like MJ but when we looked her up she was a LVMPD Civilian while she was standing at our door she accused me of slamming the door which i didn't, because i would not let her look in the house or come in she asked me why i slammed the door the way i did i told her i did not slam the door i don't let anyone in my house because it is my right not to let anyone in or even look in, she then told me i had no rights, and if i had any questions about the case i would have to talk to MJ. now keeping in mind that nothing was signed, who is this women who says that we have no rights? this lady was also very rude she also lied to me and MJ also lied to us saying that she would come to the door. MJ had someone else taking care of her dirty work for her as well. and the supervisor is out of the office till next week on medical leave. Any ideas?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Please, please, PLEASE tell me why you/they keep talking about DRUGS?????

Was there ALSO an allegation of drug use?
Do you have a drug history?
Did you tell CPS that you take drugs?
Are you taking illegal drugs?
Are you taking illegally obtained Rx drugs?

CPS *has* used false "dirty" drug tests so why are you consenting to this testing??? I'm so confused by your actions.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

supermom10

Postby supermom10 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 pm

the first time she came in the house she saw the RX bottles on top of the fridge, so she automatically thought that there is drug use going on, and my husband has a crushed spinal cord and is a cancer patient, but no THC use or any other illegal drug use we would not risk our program status for it, and we have no history of drug use or domestic violence, my husband called the DFS supervisor and told them to stay away or cops will be called on them we only agreed on my part because i would come back negative on everything i don't even take aspirins and my husband gets morphine shots. also our coordinator has also agreed to come out to our house and meet the DFS worker her for an on site drug test and the DFS worker declined.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 am

supermom10 wrote:we only agreed on my part because i would come back negative on everything. also our coordinator has also agreed to come out to our house and meet the DFS worker her for an on site drug test and the DFS worker declined.

I don't foresee anything good coming from you taking a drug test the court didn't order.

My suggestion is to copy the sample message below, altering it to fit your exact case. Mail a copy to your caseworker, registered/return receipt, and keep a copy for yourself with the postal receipt stapled to it.

To Caseworker X,

On various dates, you have requested that I take a voluntary drug test, even though there is no evidence that I've abused any drugs, and no court has ever ordered such a test. On (date), I offered to meet you at (place) with (coordinator) for an on-site test, and you declined. I now respectfully decline any drug testing by DFS or an agent of DFS without a court order. I stand by my offer to meet you at any professional & credentialed drug testing facility of my choosing, for a test to be performed at DHS expense.

(Signed & dated)
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am

Right on Daruma! There is no reason in the world for you to be taking a drug test. Nobody made an allegation that you were taking drugs, it is not part of their investigation, you don't need to take it! They need to close their case, not try to drag it out. She's got nuthin' ... don't give her anything to drag this on. You allowed her to investigate the allegation and now they can close the case.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

supermom10

Postby supermom10 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm

thank you Daruma and Eljay for all you input and we will be sending what Daruma posted and send it off. thank you guys so much.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Hey I just wanted to add that the evidence you have been "handed" really should somehow be documented. If I ever had a "visitor" in my home again who was not a tried and true friend, I would be videotaping, and I would be doing it unbeknownst to the "visitor".
This is my advice to you-bust this bitty, and anyone else who thinks the law doesn't apply to them-SO confident in their evil that they admit to your face what they plan to do.
You'll regret it later if you don't and I hope it's not too late for you to get some of that evidence recorded.
Also, take it from me, I truly think these slime balls thrive in large cities, or crowded areas of the country, and they really just slip between the cracks in the floorboards, undetected while they make your life a living hell. Also, they seem to come out more fierce in hot weather. Like bugs.
Good Luck.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

supermom10

Postby supermom10 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:57 pm

thank you and we will be taking yours and everyone's advice to the "T", also me and my husband has already agreed that no one is allowed in our home unless we know them (e.g. our coordinator, or our guardian angel), and we tell everyone else that we have a right to let who ever we want in our house, and that we will not let anyone that we don't know come in unless they have a warrant. we look at it as "no warrant, no enter" we also have our warning sign on our door, ("warning we are protected by the Constitution of America and the state of Nevada and that they are being video and audio taped")

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:32 am

Its not often I get a laugh outta this subject matter. Excellent advice! And for those of us further along in the cps circus, excellent advice AND hilarious .

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:37 am

(Eljays rendition of a cps conversation made me laugh....NOT the case, to clarify.)

supermom10

Postby supermom10 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:00 am

we have some good news, MJ came over on the 22 of march to check on our son and tell us that by the 30th they should have our case closed, and when we told her about the 2nd drug test on my husband she did not know anything about it. just a little tip for everyone please take the advise that these nice people give you, we did and now our case is closed and we still have our son. thank you everyone for the great advise that you have given us. we wish you all good luck and hope everything works out for you all.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 am

Yay! So glad to hear it. :)

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:58 am

This made me smile, but it is so true.....Best advice ever!

Eljay wrote:
supermom10 wrote:Thank you for the post. To everyone here is an update of what is going on, MJ contacted our coordinator and told her that the case is still open and that she was just looking for the major drugs, but she told us that it's not just the major drugs she is looking into it is our prescriptions as well, she is strong arming us.

Why in the world are you talking to these people about drugs? Did you leave out that that was part of the original allegation? You just said it was because your son was left alone for two hours straight. If that is the ONLY allegation, that is ALL you should ever talk to them about. Don't give them any other reason to extend this case!!!!! Here's how it should go:

CW: I'm here to investigate a report we received at CPS regarding your child.
You (on your front porch): What is the allegation? Please speak slowly, I'm going to write this down in case my video recording fails.
CW: We received report that you chopped off your child's foot.
You: Are there any other allegations?
CW: No.
You: Here's my child's foot, as you can see it firmly attached to his LEG. [ edit :) ]
CW: Do you take drugs?
You: This has nothing to do with the allegations you are investigating. You have enough information to close your case.
CW: Are you employed or on public assistance?
You: This has nothing to do with the allegations you are investigating. You have enough information to close your case.
CW: Has your child missed any school this week?
CW: We need to determine whether your child is healthy. When did he last see a dentist?
CW: I need to see the home to see if it's clean.
CW: If you don't tell me, I'll take you to court.

Get the gist?

supermom10 wrote:Me and my husband has also talked to the person who put in the false tip and he admitted to us that he did put in a false DFS clam and it is because he wanted us to get kicked out of the program that we are involved in and our home, and for me to get stressed out and quit school. Why is it when things are going right other people get jealous and destroy the good things that other people have? When i have talked to MJ she made it sound like she was going to drop the case, but now it seems different, opposite.

From your state: http://www.dcfs.state.nv.us/ChildFatalities/ChildProtServices/CPS_Required_Mandated_Reporting_Child_Abuse.pdf
A person who knowingly and willfully makes or causes another person to make a false report of
child abuse or neglect is guilty of a misdemeanor (NRS 432B.240)

So, write down what he said to you and go to the police. He committed a crime and confessed it to you. Maybe you should get him on tape first, since he's already admitted to being a liar.

supermom10 wrote:we also have found out that DFS field workers do not have to be licensed from state board. can you say OMG? so do we say we don't recognize her authority?

CPS employs people to be caseworkers, investigators, emergency responders, etc. so you're not really going to get them to go away with that line of reasoning. You're going to get them to go away because they only have authority over abuse or neglected children. If you did not abuse or neglect your child, then they have no business in your life. They have the authority to INVESTIGATE the ALLEGATIONS, and until they determine that your child is abused or neglected, that is the only authority they have.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”