Abused physcially, Mentalyy , Emotionally Need Help Now!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

hotwheels45

Abused physcially, Mentalyy , Emotionally Need Help Now!

Postby hotwheels45 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 pm

This is about my grandaughter who has been beaten by her dad, case pending in cps and was granted a temporary protective order and then went to court and was denied a permant protective order by the same judge! She is now in hiding every right she has ,has been violated! I need some help now so this child can get back in school where she wants to be. It seems everyone has turned a blind eye to her, cps does not believe her, the officer in charge of the abuse case and now the Judge.
I have the hospital document's , pictures and an officer that met me at the hospital and took down the case info and gave her the case number! It seems in Texas that everyone I have spoken to believes it is ok to beat a child and leave bruises all over them and there are no consequenses for thier action's. I say hogwash! Please , Please we need some help now. Thank you and I will tell everything when I have someone who can help that cares about child abuse, childrens rights and the rights of the disabled !!!

hotwheels45

CHILD ABUSE, DISCRIMINATION ,CPS in TEXAS

Postby hotwheels45 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:04 pm

I have a grandaughter who is mixed. She is Afro and Anglo. She has been beaten many times. Just last mont (FEB) she called me out of the blue and asked if I could pick her up at a certain place and time. I told her yes. When I picked her up I saw the damage that was done to her. I proceeded to call several police depts. until I reached the right one. I was met at the hospital by the officer and my grandchild was checked over head to toe. Needless to say the hospital and officer had to contact CPS. The officer that met us at the hospital said his camera was broken and told me how to take the pictures ect..., in front of the nurse and my grandaughter.
I was contacted by CPS and they asked if I could bring her in and I said yes. I took her to speak to CPS and when we got there I was told that they would talk to her and then me. Well she was with the investigator for about 45 mins. and then they came out. I asked if she needed to speak to me and she said no. that she had given them enough information. I had also given them a copy of the hospital documents, police case number and pictures.We were free to leave.
I called and asked about the status of the case and was told by the investigator that she had finished her job and now it was in the hands of her supervisors. She stated it would take 5-10 days to make a determination and as of this date I have not heard a word back. In the meantime I tried to enroll my grandaughter into school and was told I couldn't because I had no right's. I mentioned the McKinney Vinto Act and was still told no.
I then proceeded to file a Pro-Se Temporary Order of Protection and it was granted. I then enrolled her in school and the court date for the permanent Protective Order was only a few days away. I had gotten a Legal Aid lawyer the night before court and he asked me for copies of everything I had, which I gave him the next morning for court. The same Judge that signed the temprorary order denied the permanent order! Her dad was there, no evidence except a girlfriend and they both perjured themselves. Needless to say as we were leaving the court house the dad demanded she go back with him. She was in fear for her life. This happened before and CPS handed her right back to him. She was told by the police she had to go with him because he had custody and if she didn't she would have to go to fostercare, which had happened before. That's a whole different story!
My grandaughters rights have been violated, she has been beaten and now she is in hiding and not school where she wants to be. I need some help A.S.A.P. It seems nobody cares what happens to her other than me and my family. Please help. The hospital documents had some important information deleated which was used in court and I was told by the hospital today "it was because it was duplicate information". I say Bull!! Please, Please someone help my grandaughter!! There is more that has been said and done but I can't put it here for I am in fear to!! This is the actual post I wanted to put up but lost it somewhere! Been a long day :? I also forgot that I had posted here years back when all this stuff started. Thanks for everything !!

Eljay

Re: Abused physcially, Mentalyy , Emotionally Need Help Now!

Postby Eljay » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Why are you playing the race card? CPS screws up cases for EVERY race, color, creed, age, nationality and shoe size.

How old is this child?
What is the result of the police investigation?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I am a retired CPS FBSS worker and now a CASA volunteer. What county do you live in. I am in Orange and Jefferson Counties.

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

The girl is 16 yrs old and in Montgomery county it was supposed to be investigated by Harris County Domestic Violence Division but as you can see in my latest post what his feelings were and where things have gone. Thank you for you intrest Michael maybe you can come up with some advice I am open to suggestions. I have written our dear Gov. and will continue to go up the ladder as long as there are police officers and others who believe that you can beat a child and leave bruises, swollen limbs ect.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:05 am

Emancipation.

What and who do you mean by ” what his feelings were”?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm

The officer who was supposed to be investigating the agravated assualt. His words were and I quote " I talked with CPS and the dad and I am not going to investigate this case any futher. You can beat a child in Texas and leave bruises on them and there is nothing you can do about it!" end quote. My granddaughter was sitting beside me and heard everything he said and became emotionally torn up! She said to me grandma he is saying he can throw me by my hair into a wall from my bed, beat me all over my body with a belt and slap me in the face and this is o.k. I told her NO ONE has the right to beat a child and I don't care what state they live in. Which this did little to calm her down as she became even more hysterical and said they are gonna send me back again aren't they? I told her I would protect her no matter what!
As to the race comment I was only trying to say that in my instance that everyone that has been involved has been black and I think they believe that because she is more black looking than white that it is my conclusion CPS feels she would be better off with her own race, forgetting she is also part white. Also her dad never wanted to be in her life since day one, refused to sign the birth certificate and has never paid a dime of support for this young lady. I know how they discriminate against everyone in one way or another. But I have seen CPS drug test newborn infants found drugs in them and thier mother and still sent them home with the mother. I have seen them go into a house that has filth from one end to another and still leave the children in the care of the parents using drugs. I used to trust our judicial system and thought as long as you were telling the truth that the outcome would be in your favor, and that a case has to be proved by the perponderance of the evidence, Well needless to say I don't feel that way anymore. Our Judicial system is a farce and lady Justice is not only blind but deaf and dumb too! I hope that answered your questions and you are in my prayers!

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Oh and about Emancipation. She can't go that route because in Texas you must have a job, a place to live aside from relatives and a drivers licenses. Which she has none of the above since school is what is more important to her than anything. But thanks for the suggestion.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:55 pm

At sixteen, she's got the ability to be far more in control of her situation than say, an 8 year old. Tell dad *NICELY* that she just needs some time to let this blow over (like, two years, you say in your head). Buy her some pepper spray (if the school doesn't forbid it). Transport her everywhere she goes. She needs to ensure she never goes anywhere alone, even walking to her car or a bus stop. If he really doesn't care about her, he won't pursue her for long. Help her get her drivers license, school will be out in two months so get a job going, and find a friend who *can* take her when you get ready to file emancipation papers. If you don't want to go that route, forget CPS and file for custody or guardianship yourself.

If you've had a police investigation done, and the laws in your state don't prevent this, she's pretty well left up to her own devices. Why does CPS *NOT* want to get involved? Because foster homes DO NOT want teenagers, especially teenage boys. They want cute little babies and darling toddlers. They don't want disrespectful, rebellious, problem-laden teenagers, which is usually what you get when children are abused.

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Ejay unfountately the so called dad has custody and since her school is aware of the situation without the extended protective order I can't put her back into school. It seems dad has not even cared enough to report her missing. Goes to show you how much he really cares.The only thing he cares about is the money he might have to put out on her. He signed away his rights to his other daughter just so he didn't have to pay child support. Purjured hiself in court by saying he only had two other kids which were boys. Filing for custoody or guardinship is expensive and Legal aid it seems does not want to put out the money to help her. The lawyer she had from them to get the protective order didn't seem to care about things one way or another. It was like he was afraid to speak up or somnething. Right now I am writing whoever I have to in order to get something done. I am so tired of my granddaughter being used as a pounding board and that man getting off scott free.What is really sad is there is a young lady wanting to get her education and not one person in this county seems to care. Allot of kids in her position normally would not care if they went or not. But I won't give this fight up until I lie in my grave. Grandma is angry and more people should be to allow this type of abuse to go on this day and time. She has been offered scholorships to several different colleges already. I will not stand by and let those go out the window. I believe somewhere GOD will open a door to get this child back into school. Have a wonderful Easter and thanks for your help. GOD BLESS !

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:26 am

So you are willing to risk jail by custodial interference, harboring a runaway, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor? But not willing to put out the time to file papers? If you can't afford it, file for a fee waiver. You don't need an attorney.

I hate to sound harsh, but at you looking for answers or did you just want to complain and make excuses?

family_man

Postby family_man » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:59 am

Try getting the father to sign and notarize this form. It will authorize you to enroll your granddaughter in school, get car insurance for her, get medical treatments, etc. It does not mean that the father relinquishes custody or has to pay child support. The agreement is "temporary" and can be rescinded by the father at any time. However, you may have grounds to file for custody if your daughter continues to live with you for an extended period of time (6 months or more).

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Application/Forms/showFile.aspx?NAME=2638.pdf
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

family_man

Postby family_man » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:24 pm

If you can get the father to sign and notarize the form I sent you, you will still need the following documents to enroll your GD in a public school:

1) Her birth certificate
2) Court documents that award custody to her father
3) The temporary possessorial custody form I sent to you, signed and notarized
4) Proof of your identity and residency
5) A copy of her Social Security card
6) A copy of her immunization records
7) A transcript of her previous school's records

Because her father "doesn't care about" your GD, and all he cares about is not having to pay child support for her, he might be agreeable to reach the following truce with you:

1) You agree to drop all allegations of physical abuse.
2) You waive any claims of child support.
3) He provides you with all of the above documents and lets her continue to live with you.

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I thank you for assistance family-man but the dad does not care if she is in school or not. He hasn't even reported her missing. The man lied to a Judge about how many kids he had and so many other things. All he wants to do is hurt my grandchild. He lied about so many things that it would make a sane man's head spin. I have been doing all I can to help her and I will continue to do so. I refuse to give up on this child like so many others have. I am a Christian and all I am trying to do is the right thing. I will continue to push whatever and whoever's buttons I have to just so this child can go to college. It's a shame that everthing in this world is about money. But one thing I do know is that when we all die we will all have to answer to everything we have done! Have a good week and a Blessed one. I am signing off for now been running a high fever for a week now and I am going to try and get some sleep. Thank you so much again!!!

hotwheels45

Postby hotwheels45 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Ejay, I have one thing to say to you and that is unless you have walked a day in my shoes do not judge me! If I had the time to sit here and tell you everything I would. Only thing is I have more important things to do than read a post from someone who has had a very sour attitude from the beginning.All I have heard from you are insensitive comments and nothing else. So I would be thankful if you would not post to my comments anymore unless you have something useful to say.If I want to be patronized I would pay another lawyer who cares about nothing but money. You don't have a clue of what I have and have not done.
From what I see in your post you have allot of anger issues which when you are dealing with someone you love are bound to come out. I do not know where my grandchild is so I am in no way guilty of anything you have said. This is supposed to be a place to come for help not to be put down or antagonized. I have tried being nice to you but I guess it does not work. This so called dad was a one night stand that is all he is and all he has ever been. I have said enough. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that GOD can soften your heart. Thank you.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Nobody is judging you. Perhaps you we got off on the wrong foot when you played the disability AND race cards right off the bat, yet didn't follow through. It is just that you aren't making any sense....

- You say she is ”in hiding” ... Not MISSING. But you claim her dad should report her missing. So which is it?

- You either have her, know where she is or would know if you asked, and have already told us that you picked her up when she called, so she trusts you. If she is missing and truant, and her dad doesn't even care enough to report her missing, then why would you NOT have her come to you? She is going to throw away a chance at graduating?

- The police have told you that what he did was fine, the judge denied a RO, and CPS believes what he did was not enough to warrant action. How could ALL THREE of those options be given photos of the alleged abuse, along with testimony, and still decline? But somehow the internet court of public opinion will prevail?

- You have exhausted your primary options for help from other sources, and decline any options offered here so those options are out. You claim you have plenty of money to support her, but can't afford and/or won't file for guardianship. I suggest emancipation and you shot down that.

Sometimes people just want to be able to say ”I did everything I could” .... But maybe, by turning down all of our suggestions and ideas, you can say that you did everything you would.

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 am

I'm working under the assumption that your GD is living with you at the moment, but not going to school, since you're not authorized to enroll her. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

Here are your options that I can think of:

1) She can go back to her father and to the school in his neighborhood. Maybe he's learned his lesson and won't beat her again. If he does, maybe the police/CPS will take action this next time. Maybe the judge will extend the TRO and/or award you some form of custody. If father doesn't beat her again, at least she'll be able to graduate.

2) She can remain with you. If the father comes to pick her up, you cannot try to stop him. Try to home school her. Enroll her in a tutoring program, like Kumon. If she's self-motivated, she might be able to earn her HS diploma through credit by examination or GED.

3) She can remain out of school, in hiding until she turns 18. Then she can enroll herself in a local HS until she turns 21. That's 3 more years to earn her diploma.

4) You can file a SAPCR (Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship), naming the father as the respondent. You have a lot of convincing evidence that your GD would be better off living with you under your custody. You have her testimony of the beatings, the TRO that was granted but never made permanent, and the fact that she has gone truant for so many months and the father didn't care. Maybe if you just file the suit, he'll settle out of court by giving you all the paperwork you need to enroll her in school yourself.

PS -- If it were me, given what I know about your case, I'd choose option #4.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”