where to begin?

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Chasia Henderson

where to begin?

Postby Chasia Henderson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 am

Hi, there are some typos because I used the Google mic recorder to record my story rather than writing everything but I found out that recorder doesn't always accurately record everything that you're saying.

In May of this year I was arrested. Instead of being charged with what I should have been charged with which was violating an order for protection I was falsely charged with possession of drugs and disarming an officer.

When the officers came to arrest me I was not clear about the Terms of the order for protection because my family member was not upfront with me on how it worked so I was upset. I was only there because I had been invited to be there because my options for a place to live at that time were limited and I had my practically still new 6 week old baby with me.

I was asking the cops questions before my arrest about the order for protection and I was upset with my family membr at the same time since she had not been upfront with me over the terms of the order for protection. It was also scary to feel like it was possible that I might be separated from my baby because they would take her. I had to plead incredibly hard with my family member to take my baby so that the cops would not take her.

The cops became impatient with me although they weren't completely sure if they could arrest me either because I was never served. In fact, my sig other was also there at the time and was also arrested but his charge for violation was dropped and he was released from jail after only 1 or 2 days but I was in jail 4 around a month and if I hadn't taken a plea I would have gone to prison for much longer.

The arresting officer decided that he didn't like how I was acting and he got rough with me and grabbed my wrists to cuff me before my baby had been removed from me - I was holding her in a Moby Wrap strapped to my chest. The way in which the officer became forceful with me in the presence of my baby made me even more upset.

I guess I just couldn't handle all the stress at that time and I was a little resistive when they were arresting me but I was not enough for them to feel the need to do to the following things that they ended up doing:

the first thing being that they slammed me into a car and into the ground.

Second and most importantly, they decided to change my charges to - instead of obstruction and violating an ofp - possession of drugs and disarming an officer. I'm pretty sure its because the officer was mad that I give him a hard time & I did not believe that he understood why I was upset about how he used force in the presence of my baby. I don't think that he had any any idea of how that might affect me.

also, he took advantage of the fact that on the way to the jail I dropped a loose sanitary pad in the car. I was wearing a pad because I had bleeding from post partum bleeding and a second degree tear from giving birth to my baby few weeks before that. So the pad was loose and I let it fall in the squad car and also while handcuffed reached into my pocket to turn off my cell phone. The officer I was aware was watching me entire the whole time on the way to the jail but if he really suspected that I had been using drugs which he indicated in his false testimony at court he never said anything to anybody in jail because they never drug tested me or brought that issue up at all.

So he knew what I was doing and I know he saw the pad but I think he either planted drugs on me before he put me in the vehicle - he did a little weird search thing that was conducted behind the open car door that was blocking view from the camera I think and he only searched two of my 8 pockets - he took advantage of the squad car video of me moving around.

so my family whom I was already somewhat at odds with previously helped to open up a CPS case on me because of these charges and did not bother to question if they were true or not and just believed them telling me that services and working with my caseworker is the only way i can be successfully in getting my daughter back and making a change in my life.

Also by now my case worker has convinced my family from communicating with me and if I do they report everything to her.

For example if I email them they send a copy to her or tell her what I've been telling them. This is epecially frustrating even though I wasn't on the best terms with them prior to all of this at least they were helping me on a small level and willing to continue helping and communicating without the father being in the picture. At least they weren't just ignoring me and sending all my emails to my case worker. that my case worker has this much influence over my situation I think is really scary and disgusting.

I decided to take a plea but only because I was ill advised that would be in my best interest by my lawyer. Unfortunately by now I feel that it was possibly a mistake because there are witnesses in my neighborhood even though my attorney told me it was unlikely anyone had seen anything.He also claimed he had not had a chance to view the squad car video on the day that I had to go into court and tell the judge if I was going to plead or not. But at my sentencing day he changed up his story and said they had looked at the video by that time so he lied to me so atm I'm representing myself until I can afford to hire a decent attorney and I don't know when it's going to be.

anyway my daughter is now in a foster home and I am now struggling to find stable housing. Was on my way about to get a job before this happened but things got interrupted and now CPS wants me to do a bunch of assessments and and testing which is completely unnecessary considering I don't have for example a drug problem at all.

my court appointed attorney for my child protection case is not bad but she is on vacation now amd wont return msgs and doesnt do more than bare minimum to begin with. She definitely thinks its best for me to go along with everything that's my case worker says that I have to do:. She says I should try to be best friends with her if possible and get along with her even if I'm faking it because that is how I get my daughter back. Hard to do this considering my caseworker doesn't give me the respect enough even to call me by the name I asked her to call me and that I go by because it's not my legal name on my birth certificate.

I don't necessarily have a problem with complying with some of these things but accepting all of these things is like basically saying you're guilty. Why should I go and get psych evaluation, a mental health evaluation, counseling and drug testing when I don't have any issues that I need to get those assessments and testing for.

I'm worried about my baby & I could see that she's not necessarily happy when I visit with her although I only get 2 see her an hour a week but the majority of the times that I've seen her she has cried most of the visit and even if she's happy I see moments in between her being happy and giggling and babbling where and also by the end of visits - she looks really sad and I know that she is confused...she may be just a little baby but I know that she knows something's up.

Ive had one trial hearing for my baby where nothing seems to have changed and im now a convicted felon on probation for things i didn't even do.

Chasia Henderson

Re: where to begin?

Postby Chasia Henderson » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

Any advice?

I have a cousin who writes a lot about injustice in this country. He signs and starts petitions and helps to spread the word about movements or organized efforts to expose corruption in government. He is always looking into these kinds of things. Listens to Alex Jones and other media that reports on similar content.

In particular, he was really, REALLY involved in the Terri Schiavo case in Florida a few years ago. He was very fired up about that...all he talked about half the time. I believe he helped organize some things for that too besides just writing about it.

He edits literature that is focused on human enlightenment and changing the self to be on harmony with the planet and others living here for example.

But this same cousin refuses to believe that I was falsely accused and just told me like a robot to go along with cps because that is how i will get my baby back!!!!!

What the F***!!!!!

What a hypocrite, to put it nicely!

Chasia Henderson

Postby Chasia Henderson » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:22 pm

No one has any advice or feedback? I came to share my story but was hoping for feedback on some level.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Sorry I skipped over your post; I must have been very tired that day. Some days are better than others...

I'm wondering why you had an order of protection against you in the first place. Are you sure there really is one? I'm asking because you should know what the conditions are. I've heard of someone pretending to have a restraining order when they really don't have one. You can go to the county courthouse to read the restraining order.

Now that you've signed the stipulation or guilty plea in court, you really do have to do all those services, and get written documentation if possible to prove that you've done each thing on the list. When you go back to court your judge will want to know whether you've complied with his orders.

Never miss a visitation or appointment. If you're too sick, go anyway and let them decide whether to send you home. If you miss anything, they will consider that a sign of child neglect and say that you don't really want your child back because you don't even care enough to show up. They will use any little thing to try to make you look bad in court.

Your lawyer is right that sometimes it is best to pretend to be on good terms with the social workers.

There's no way around this. If you don't do the service plan (even things you think aren't really necessary) you are unlikely to get your child back.

Also, if you want better feedback, please try our Facebook group. It is very active...

About emailing or contacting relatives... I suggest you just detach yourself from them. They don't sound friendly, they're not supportive of you, and they're helping CPS and working against you. Who needs enemies when your friends or family are like that? Please find more supportive and caring people to communicate with.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Chasia Henderson

Postby Chasia Henderson » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:23 am

I just feel like i am giving in and admitting guilt to things im not guilty of if i go along with all their assessments and testing.

Also, my chips judge never court ordered me to do things, only my judge for my other case.

So should i still go along with the case plan?

I have already missed some drug testing because my caseworker wanted me to test over what im already testing.

Why could they not have done a strand test or something? It is such a waste to do this and makes me so pissed because i CANT STAND DRUGS and have seen enough bad effects close up to stay FAR AWAY from them. Especially the type that the cop framed me for.

Im so pissed I should have waited on taking the plea and asked more questions but i didnt know any better then. My attorney really didn't put forth much effort at all and then lies to cover up his first care-less lie.

All i can think of is my baby every second and her Dad who cant even see his little girl now and i know she misses him i can see it.

Im so upset right now!!!!

And yes i have been hoping i might find other ppl who understand this situation who can help - one reason i joined this site...a lot of old connections are turning backs on me and in some cases thats good because they are bad influences anyway but when shit really hits the fan you find out who your real friends are and you see family turn quick too. I know i still have a little true support out there though.

Chasia Henderson

Postby Chasia Henderson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Linda okay. I went ahead and joined the facebook group. I just need approval.

To answer some of your questions... Yes, there is an active restraining order currently in effect. A renewed order.

There was some question as to whether or not the old order existed at all and also was not clearly explained either. My relative was not completely honest with me about the way it was supposed to work and didn't seem to care.

Fuming just thinking about it.

Nothing gets court ordered until next month.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”