OBJECTING TO AN ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE TO POSTPONE FACT FINDING

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

nyc_Eagle

OBJECTING TO AN ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE TO POSTPONE FACT FINDING

Postby nyc_Eagle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:11 pm

Hello All,

I have an existing case which has been filed against me by ACS. I have many supporting documents that substantiates my case against ACS and absolutely disproves their case against me. ACS has nothing but hearsay and conjecture. The "fact-finding" hearing has been set for some time in Nov. The ACS attorney is looking to postpone the hearing for personal reasons for another month. I do not wish to delay this ridiculousness for any longer. He has also filed an order to show cause to reschedule the hearing to another date, subsequently delaying everything. I am objecting to rescheduling as I think it a ploy to try and get additional info against me! Can anybody recommend what I should do? Thanks.

monkette31

Re: OBJECTING TO AN ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE TO POSTPONE FACT FIN

Postby monkette31 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:29 am

Personal reasons can come up for why an attorney may ask for a postponement. The judge may or may not allow it, depending on the reasons given. If you have a court-appointed attorney who is willing to make a serious effort to refute the allegations against you, you are way ahead of the game. The vast majority of attorneys, even private ones, make no effort to defend you at all, and simply advise you to do whatever CPS asks. The result is that your children remain in custody for over a year, if everything goes right. In the worst case, your parental rights are terminated.

I don't think your attorney is secretly conspiring with CPS to give you more time to trip up. I would go along with the postponement if the judge approves it, because if he ultimately dismisses your case, it will short-circuit the entire process.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

nyc_Eagle

Postby nyc_Eagle » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”