Need help!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Secret Victoria

Need help!

Postby Secret Victoria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:08 am

A long journey of hope, I have been dealing with this case for 8 months and my services are completely done, last month on the 27. I have been stringed along and lied to by my caseworker and her supervisor. I have recommendations from my therapist for my children to return they still refuse to return my children, we are talking 3 little girls. My caseworker supervisor told me that I could take my kids home it was my choice though. She could not tell me to do so. I asked asked her would I be penalized for that? She said no, sense all of my services are done. Had my services wasn't completed, yes I would be in trouble and penalized. I'm thinking its a trap, why won't she put that in writing saying that if its ok? I don't trust that. The only proof that I have is the recorded phone calls that I record when I talk to them.and they have lied to me also saying that the case would be closed this month by the 6 its the 20 now and they also told me that the paper work for the going home process was being completed. before I know it, my caseworker disappears and now I have a new caseworker. What is the point of a new caseworker if the case is about to be closed? I think that they are looking for something to sabotage my case to use against me and try and take my kids.
The supervisor achually told me also that my sister that is taking care of my two youngest kids has called and made complaints as well, and my sister hasn't been doing anything to help me this whole 8 months and that lead to me staying at her house caring for my kids as I'm not to souppouse to live with them.. my sister and family members have called in on complaints. I am doing nothing to my kids, to harm them or anything im a great mother great mother just made a huge mistake and had my kids tooken. Please help me I'm loosing hope and I don't want to give up on them.

family_man

Re: Need help!

Postby family_man » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 am

To answer your question, CPS caseworkers have a very high turnover rate. It is very stressful work, the hours are long and the pay is low. The new caseworker won't know anything about your case, will have a lot of catching up to do, and will want to put it on the back burner. Meanwhile, you and your children remain in limbo, waiting for the paperwork to be completed.

Look -- you've completed your case plan, and have written documentation of every item, correct?

Your former CPS worker has stated orally that you can take your children home without penalty, and your have a recording of that statement. She couldn't at the time put it in writing, because the bureaucratic paperwork wasn't finished.

Your lawyer said you could take your kids home and is standing by in case anything bad happens.

Why on earth would you be tempted to "lose hope" or "give up on them?" I can't tell you what to do -- it's your call. You can either wait a little while more or pick your kids up now. You always had the option to pick them up whenever your wanted. Given everything you've done to cooperate with CPS, and the statements your caseworker and lawyer have made, it seems unlikely to me that anything bad will happen if your pick them up now.

As a further precaution, however, I would consider leaving the state if possible. Don't leave clues behind as you where you're going, until you're sure CPS has lost interest in you. Your new state won't have any records of this case, and consequently won't hold it against you if you later come under investigation there.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Secret Victoria

Postby Secret Victoria » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:47 am

Sorry I don't have an attorney, sorry if that's what I said, my caseworker and her supervisor said that I can take them home without penalty. And my therapist Gabe recommendations to take the children home. And yes I have completed my case plan, but the only thing I do not have for my records is the recommendations that the therapist gave. He said my attorney has to get them, or the caseworker has to give them to me. The thing is the new case worker called my therapist to confirm the recommendations he gave, because the supervisor has lied and said their is no recommendations of the the therapist saying to take the take the kids home. So that's is why I choose to leave the kids because she is lying saying this and saying that to me. Like no mentioned, I have a recording of her saying I can take them its my choice but I dont know ifni should or not.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:59 am

If the therapist is working for you, then you have a right to those records and recommendations. If you don't have an attorney, then you're acting as your own attorney, and you have a right to those records. You might also consider getting your own therapist, one of your choosing, to evaluate your parenting skills. You need sufficient evidence to sway a judge, if it ever gets that far.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Secret Victoria

Postby Secret Victoria » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Thank You

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”