daughter not allowed to go to school for over a month

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

vrrry

daughter not allowed to go to school for over a month

Postby vrrry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:41 pm

my daughter, 15, was taken september 20 by az-dcs it is now october 20 and even though she has asked them repeatedly she has not been allowed to go to school. she says reason given is they don't have money to transport her to and from school or pay for online school. i was lied to on september 30 by caseworker saying she had started school on monday of that week. this cannot be legal. there must be some way to stop them from denying my daughter an education

family_man

Re: daughter not allowed to go to school for over a month

Postby family_man » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 am

I would have your attorney take this issue up with the judge. Now that the state has assume custody of your daughter, it is responsible for all of her needs, including education.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

vrrry

Postby vrrry » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:52 pm

the only attorney that has responded to me charges 400 dollars just for consultation

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:58 am

If the state has custody of your daughter, you should at least have a court-appointed attorney representing you -- one who is on the public payroll. He/she might not have much time for your case in particular, but it's better than nothing.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Is the foster family trying to homeschool your child? Is she on independent study now? I don't see how they could just neglect her education entirely.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

vrrry

Postby vrrry » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:44 pm

she has been in a group home. they allowed her to take two internet classes starting last friday, geometry and biology, they said they didn;t have money for her to take english. she will end up a whole year behind if she's lucky, english is required all four years in high school when i ask caseworker tenn days`after they took her if she`was in school she `said yes i have that on a digital recorder i took to meeting in pocket. i have found you can't believe`a word they say, are they trained to lie?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Yes, they learn to be manipulative because they want to win their cases in juvenile court.

How is your daughter doing now? Has anything changed for the better?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”