We don't know what to do

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Hopeful520

We don't know what to do

Postby Hopeful520 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi am a 26 yr old my and my fiance is 24 been together for five years known each other our whole lives. In the beginning of the year my fiance's brother passed away do to a bad mix of pain and anxiety pill (not suicide) his wife and three kids a 2 year old girl a 9 year old girl and an 8 year old boy. They have had 7 children total and 4 have been permanently removed from them already. The mother is a past druggie possibly still. Starved the kids lived in filth left kids unattended especially the baby. Only ever fed the baby ice cream and Gatorade and the baby always had a constant diaper rash let to roam around alone in the rain with only a diaper. Was teaching the oldest how to stwal. Has even hit the boy.
When. We found out she was about to move away and we would never see them again we filed a petition against the mother for the kids. Dcs took the kids after about a month and a half they let the two youngest live us but not the oldest because the mother was against it. We borrowed money and got alot of help from Friends and family to get a house with a yard just so these kids had a place to stay and were even willing to adopt.
We would do anything for these kids. We have had them for almost 6 months now.

For some reason even though there is plenty of evidence to show that the mother cannot be trusted and will not change the case worker is still planning on giving these kids back no matter what anyone says.

The case worker had even gone so far as to make up lies on all her reports. Saying we have bed bugs and the babies getting attacked we lock the kids in their room (there's not even a lock) we force the kids to call us mom and dad( we told her one time that we have caught the kids calling us mom and dad from time to time. And which she replies it just means they are comfortable) yet in her report it says we force them. The mother had them investigat us us! For abuse because the baby had a bruise from falling down. The case worker has a list of her so called concernes that she has never talked to us about. But her reports all point to them removing the kids from us when we have done absolutely everything for these children. We even printed out proof from the mothers social media page of her death threats against me and my fiance including people in the court room. Her getting into fights at work getting kicked out of places a warrent out for her arrest and so much more. We brought this evidence to dcs office and nothing has been done about it in fact sense then they have even started unsupervised visits and we even found out they told her! They actually told her we gave them all of it! Even after telling them that she has threatened our lives they go ahead and tell her that we are showing them this stuff. it possible to get a lawyer to speak on our behalf and try to get these kids? Is there anything we can do at all? We are scared to death that these kids will end up extremely hurt continued neglect or even worse dead.

family_man

Re: We don't know what to do

Postby family_man » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:13 pm

You can certainly speak to an attorney to see if you have a case or not. Basically, the mother has a right to complete her case plan to achieve reunification. If she is successful, then she will get the kids. I don't see how you would have any standing to bring a suit against the Mom, but I'm not an attorney. It's basically up to DCS to make the recommendation to return custody to the mom and the judge will have to approve. Maybe an attorney could find a way to plead your case before the judge, but I have never heard of such a thing happening.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”