Need some help r option concerning past history cps case can they use it against me

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Mylilray

Need some help r option concerning past history cps case can they use it against me

Postby Mylilray » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Hello I'm new so hopefully this is were I can get help with information. Some info on my case , I live in fresno ca and had a cps worker contacted me about my 3 children who father was arrested for lewd acts she informed me about the case and asked about the relationship with me and my children. So I informed her dad had took them away from me and pretty much left no trace of where abouts , every opinion I had to try failed in a dead in. Never once did I ever try not to find them , I also informed her I had a case 7 yrs ago that showed drugs in my newborn as well as me the case was open for 5 days and baby was took away from me for 1 day. Now I've been clean and have a stable life with 4 more children that I take care of as a single parent, we have court tomorrow it's the jurisdiction hearing. So my questions r will they want me to drug test r do classes, I do have visitation which by the way r amazing as well as emotional. I have been viewed as a drug addict living on the streets with no family that cares, so imagine the surprise when cps worker found me and I let her in my home and seen different. I feel I don't need some outside help trying to add more to what I already do which is plenty my kids range in 5 yrs to 1 yrs so it's a full plate. As for my oldest three they range from 17yrs 15yrs and 8yrs, the older kids r determine to not have no contact but as for the youngest I feel that I can still have a relationship. But I'm not giving up on future relationship with the other 2, I'm not going no where this time and will not let nothing come between us again. I have proven I am a great mother and hear how I handle my family with much love and stability that any single parent can. Never has there been any crime reports are criminal reports against me I have no history at all other then that one mistake I made 7 yrs ago. I will not make life harder for me and the kids i have now with there assessmens are classes , but I am looking into some classes that fit my time and not there if I must do them. As for placement I think it's best for the children to stay with there family because I don't want to make it harder for them or uncomfortable, I luv them and see the strain they have been put threw , I only want time to start the relationship building. This is something I will concern my attorney with tomorrow but any help, opinions, and are referrals are very much appreciated. Thank you for your time

Mrs O.

LindaJM

Re: Need some help r option concerning past history cps case can they use it against me

Postby LindaJM » Mon May 16, 2016 11:22 pm

Mrs. O - what is the status of the case now? What happened in court?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”