I'm New

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LShaney

I'm New

Postby LShaney » Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm new and yes I have an open case. It seems I always have an open case. My kids can't run back and forth next door without someone calling cps on us saying that my husband and I let our children "run all over the neighborhood". Mind you we watch them go back and forth. This year alone we've had cps called on us three times. What happened to neighbours minding their own business? We're good parents we work hard we keep our home clean keep all four of our children fed make sure that they are always to school on time.I'm not saying we're perfect but we're trying. Then we get hit with a teacher making an accusation that one of my children said that their dad touched then inappropriately. We've been married ten years he wouldn't hurt a fly. My children would have been showing signs before now. It's been over two agonizing weeks and the caseworker has finally contacted the sheriff's department to see what's going on. My children have already been talked to and looked at. There are no signs of abuse. My children and I want to go home. I have told this to the caseworker and he said his hands are tied til he hears from the sheriff's office. Is this true? Am I just suppose to sit here and wait even longer watching my family suffer in it's broken and fractured state?

LindaJM

Re: I'm New

Postby LindaJM » Fri May 27, 2016 11:59 am

LShaney wrote:My children and I want to go home. I have told this to the caseworker and he said his hands are tied til he hears from the sheriff's office. Is this true? Am I just suppose to sit here and wait even longer watching my family suffer in it's broken and fractured state?

Has anything changed since you wrote this?

Yes, if the caseworker says not to go home, please don't. If you don't obey their orders they usually swoop in and take the kids. Then they would accuse you of neglect in court for not protecting the children by obeying their orders. They don't care how much hardship this causes you - and if you fail because of too much hardship, that's neglect too. You are lucky they didn't just take the kids saying "mother KNEW or SHOULD HAVE KNOWN" ... many families were destroyed by accusing mothers of knowing things they had no knowledge about.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”