Help! Mother missed court and judge will take her rights

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

uglyeric

Help! Mother missed court and judge will take her rights

Postby uglyeric » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi,
I read the intro but I have no money for a lawyer....I need to know if there is a way that I can get a statement to the judge, after he has already had the court date and we are waiting for a decision to severe the parents rights......She was on dope but just got clean last week, they took the kids a year ago and she didnt change or cooperate with DCS, her husband got arrested and now without him she can clean up but I know its probably too late....if not please give me suggestions, I am grandpa and they would not let me have custody or even visits, my ex wife their grandma tried to adopt them but DCS says no because she is in another state and they say she doesnt care since she only came to see them twice....my daughter wants her kids and is cleaning up, those kids mean the world too me and I am not sure I will live through it if I have to tell them goodbye forever...please help...I am in Terre Haute Indiana

uglyeric

Re: Help! Mother missed court and judge will take her rights

Postby uglyeric » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:18 pm

They had court to severe her rights last week, she did not go, she was sick in the head from drugs and many years or abuse by her husband and scared to be in the same room as him...they tell us the trial is over and just waiting on judge to decide but there is no hope they say.

LindaJM

Re: Help! Mother missed court and judge will take her rights

Postby LindaJM » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm so sorry to say, it does sound like there's no hope and her parental rights will be terminated. Since she didn't get clean during the duration of the CPS case they will not give her another chance. I hope you can somehow have a good relationship with the adoptive family - they sometimes allow grandparents to see the children even after an adoption.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”