New here/my story

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

makaylasmemaw

New here/my story

Postby makaylasmemaw » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:47 am

Hello everyone. I am new here and I am going to try to briefly tell my story.

I am married to a great guy and we have (from previous marriages) 3 children. He has a boy and a girl and I have a girl. All of them adult children. Between us we have 7 blood related grandchildren. One of my grandchildren is in our care. We have legal guardianship of her given to us willingly by my daughter and done through the courts. One of my grandchildren is in Medical Foster Care. Ward of the State of Oregon Child Protective Services.

My daughter has Bipolar, Borderline Personality disorder, Mild Mental Retardation, Depression and a few other mild medical problems.

We have been working on trying to get him out of foster care and home with us and his siter where he belongs.

My husband and I both are now being falsely accused of things that there is no way they are true. My husband is being accused of molesting his daughter at some time when she was young. I am being accused of failure to protect my daughter from her age 6 to the time she turned 18 and accused of child abuse at some unkown time while she was growing up. Plus they are saying that at sometime in the past I applied to be a foster parent and was denied. I can attest on my belief in God that I never received any paperwork as to these allegations and was not aware that I had ever been investigated for such things and I have never, up until trying to get my grandson, applied to be a foster parent. I can also say with great confidence that my husband never molested his daughter.

We heard these allegations for the first time 6 weeks ago and at the time we requested to see the file that contained these allegations against us and the opportunity to prove them to be false. This much time later and they are still denying us to see those records. I have asked for them every week since and to no avail. And they now say that we are being ruled out to get my grandson because of these allegations. I am totally beside myself. I am afraid some days to even be at home for fear that they will use thaem to try to come take my granddughter from us whom we've raised since the day she came home from the hospital.

We don't have any extra money so hiring a lawyer will be a great hardship for us but I cannot let DHS win because they are so wrong in this matter. And It tears me up that they are making such allegations about me. I have dedicated my life (from the time I was very young) (I grew up in a very abusive home. Suffering every kind of abuse) to protecting children. So this really hurts me that someone would ever even think that I would ever hurt a child.
I am trying everything I can think of to fight them and praying for a miracle and a lawyer that hates DHS and willing to take small monthly payments will come along.
There is no greater sound than a child's laugh.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:26 am

maka,

It does not sound as if you are in an active court environment, therefore no Judge to file an Affidavit or Declaration of Facts to. You could file with the Judge who placed your grandson in Medical Foster Care. There are forms on this website to state your side. Be sure to include all the facts and wrongs they have done. Be straight forward and factual. If Medical Foster Care there are obviously Issues, state how you are prepared to handle those. Don't take their allegations personally, they do that to everyone.

DHS is simply fishing and the bait they always use is lies. They have intense imaginations and evil minds.

The problem now is that when you rub the fur of your loving pet cat the wrong way, it makes it angry. The evil ones do not like you to question them or their motives. However, if you do not they will have their way with you and subject you to more intrusions.

I do not know Oregon Law but you need to learn quickly. The laws should be available to you online, as well as the Policy and Procedures Manuals of DHS in Oregon. Knowledge is your best weapon. You really need to spend the weekend informing yourself of your rights. They have obviously already trampled all over your Constitution Rights. In my opinion the only way to defeat these people is with the Law and their Policies.

Record every conversation with them. If you do not have a tape recorder or if Oregon law prohibits taping them be diligent in writing down everything said by both sides immediately after or even during any conversation. Again be certain to remain accurate and not insert your OPINION.

We will be praying for you and your victory.

Gary

makaylasmemaw

Postby makaylasmemaw » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:45 am

Gary,

Actually there have been several "permanancy hearings" with the same judge.

The judge is rather upset with DHS because they have asked for continuance after continuance and have not done the home study promised over a year ago. At the last hearing the judge warned them that something MUST be accomplished by the scheduled December hearing.

I am not afraid of rubbing the fur the wrong way because I know that I am the one being truthful. I never fear when I know I am in the right. I don't fear them but I do fear the fact that they have the power to take my beautiful granddaughter away if I don't stop them and their BS soon.

Thursday after we drove 2 hours to get home after our visit and converstaion with the case worker I immediately got on the internet and began trying to find out everything I could. Fortunately I stumbled across this site with the help of my connection to another site and a wonderful person who shared the info of this site with me.

I am not going to give up on getting my grandson AND clearing my name. I WILL find a way to beat them at their own game. With knowledge and within the bounds of the law.

My mother and step dad never taught me much but they told me when I was young that you can't fight city hall and win and I proved them wrong on that one in court against them and I learned you don't get anywhere by cowering in the corner and giving up. I learned to just keep trying and ask anyone or everyone for help if you have to but to never give up.

Thank you for your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:46 am

You say you're both being accused, I assume that the accusations are only coming from CPS. You didn't say that either you or your husband are being charged with anything. If as I assume there are no formal charges, then tell CPS (and the judge at the next Hearing) that unless you are charged and convicted of a crime, these accusations by CPS are nothing more than malicious prosecution and in the eyes of the law, you are both completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

Furthermore, it is unconstitutional to use hearsay evidence in a child custody case (see Crawford vs Washington http://straylight.law.cornell.edu/supct ... 10.ZS.html ).

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:37 am

Record everything they said, write down everything and keep all of the paper work they gave you, and Write Declaration of Facts and file it for the Court in December Hearing. That way it will show the Judge you are not wasting his Time and you are Prepared, and CPS would probably try something done by December which they have NOTHING!! So remain calm and diligent.

Most likely they have nothing on you. There is a Declaration of Facts Form for you to fill out right here at this Site and be sure to file it in Court as its Motion to strike their Case. Dazeemay has that kind of Form put up somewhere on the Boards. I believe they are on CPS Investigations.

I am so Sad to hear how EVIL CPS has gotten to everyone of us here and LIE all the time, which is so awful and they had ruined almost Million of Families from all over. They must be so Proud of themselves as a Wrecker of all Innocent Families. :x

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:18 am

Sedwards is the best one to go to for the forms to fill out.

PM her and she will tell you what forms.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

makaylasmemaw

Postby makaylasmemaw » Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 pm

I have another question reguarding my story. I hope someone can maybe give me an answer.

I have my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. If I pursue this issue of the false allegations and pursue getting my grandson, is it a possibility that CPS will try to make some BS stuff up to take my granddaughter away from me? If they don't have anything on me about her can they do that?

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:52 am

Hello ok Yes you need to do some forms Get them filed witht eh courts when is your next court date . And yes cps lies . That is the only wy they have to get children . Now what yo uhave to do is prove your side in court and that is done with paperwork you can go to www.spareourchildren.tk and there is a link there that says very important fornm s the site is still being worked on but the forms are loaded . if you need any help let me know .. Let me know when you have court .. If you have messanger you can im me at whosyurmamma also thanks sedwards

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:46 am

sedwards..your link doesn't work.. :shock: :)

sedwards

Postby sedwards » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:58 am

it seems to be working fine. I dont know if it may have been cause i was in there messing around . this si the disadvantage to moving to the boonies . No high speen and everything is taking forever cause i get booted . It is there i promise :) just taking alot of time :cry: i keep crashing it trying to add more .... let me know if you keep having probelms dezamay was just there so i know it is working :lol: maybe it wont allow dcf in there :wink:

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:12 am

I have my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter. If I pursue this issue of the false allegations and pursue getting my grandson, is it a possibility that CPS will try to make some BS stuff up to take my granddaughter away from me?

That's possible, but you can't let it stop you from fighting....

My husband is being accused of molesting his daughter at some time when she was young. I am being accused of failure to protect my daughter from her age 6 to the time she turned 18 and accused of child abuse at some unkown time while she was growing up.

CPS will try to take hearsay and accusations and display it as fact to string a case out, hoping they can find some "real" evidence in the meantime..

The advantage in this is CPS is digging itself a hole with lies, when the end comes and they have to lay their cards on the table they only have "hollow evidence" with no facts or little evidence to back it up..

Like Bob stated: that unless you are charged and convicted of a crime, these accusations by CPS are nothing more than malicious prosecution and in the eyes of the law, you are both completely innocent of any wrongdoing.

makaylasmemaw

Postby makaylasmemaw » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:05 pm

Got a letter from CPS today. They are holding every wrong thing I ever did against me. I was foolish enough to allow my daughter to live with mom and step dad when she was young because I was going through some really hard times then. (My BF of 2 1/2 years died) I was devastated at this. So I let her live with them but came to my senses and went to court and got her back.

They are also saying that I chose friends, BF's and babysitters that were questionable. The babysitter did molest my daughter. No other molestations were proven.

They are saying that I did not follow through on services for my daughter's mental illness. No one would diagnose my daughter. I was left to my own devices to deal with her.

They said that I also did not complete parenting classes. I took all of the classes I could get into and more than once I went to those kind of classes.

They said that I also refused to go to a group called Mothers of victims which they never offered such a thing to me.

They are saying that I am "quite ineffective as a guiding parent and can't follow through". I don't know what that means.

And they are saying that I don't consistantly utilize the theraputic techniques for my grandson because he is in PT and feeding clinics because of his special needs. I have only ever been to maybe 4 of those type of appointments and they did not show me how to do anything. Nor did they offer to show me. All they ever did at those appointments is talk to foster mom and did not demonstrate any techniques that they were using with him.

I feel like I've just been screwed without the benefit of being able to defend myself. I am devastated tonight. I feel like I have nothing I can do now.

TXGrandma

So Sorry

Postby TXGrandma » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:30 pm

I don't mean to be a gloom and doom here but

didn't you say your grandson was a special medical needs child?

To the state the is big $$$ they could lose if you got him. Your granddaughter would just be a bonus. I would have your lawyer pull out any big guns you have ASAP

prayers to you and yours
Jeannie[/u]

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”