How do we stop them?

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DLFritsch

How do we stop them?

Postby DLFritsch » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:20 am

My grandaughter was taken into fostercare in June of 2004. I faught for 7 months for her life! When she was taken at 7 months old she weighed 21 pounds and 8 ounces, during her 7 month stay in foster care she lost weight and had BIG RED BLOODY SORES on her bottom and they starved her. When we got her back in Feb. 2005 she only weighed 21 pounds. The abuse and neglect that little girl indured is unforgiveable. There were never any acusations of Drugs, Abuse, Neglect, ilegal activity NOTHING! Just a Attorney who I had turned into the Ethics Board a year before who was the Soliciter for that Co. Her guardian also worked for him in his office. I knew we were in trouble when he walked into the court room, I knew he could not go against me again due to Ethics. How CPS a guardian and all the pepole involved watched her suffer is beyond anything. I went to my Senators Office with medical records and other papers showing in black and white NO ALLIGATIONS. When the letters started flying to Wayne Co. she was returned. She was only 15 months old and could not hold down solid food. The foster home had her on 3 bottles a day, 1/2 cup infant cereal and 1 jar dinner food at 5pm. They wrote it down and I have the paper. All I know it CPS needs to be stopped! I had no ideal that a goverment agency could lie and just like a politition say a whole lot and nothing at the same time. I also know I could get NO help during that time from anyone. Each Co. is within it's self and I think that needs to be changed. No reprecusions for what they do and allow again No repercusions. They can do what they want as they want and there is NO way to stop them. I listened to the case worker talk about the bars she partied at on the weekend and how her 1 year old son had black and blue gums from teething, a real MOM she was! She would tell me my grandaughter was balimic! Thats why she was lossing weight. A little dipper rash she called the bloody sores! My grandaughter is safe and healthy now, but THIS WAS SO WRONG there has to be something that can be done?

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:07 am

A baby can't be bulimic. She's not making herself throw up.

If you want to stop them, I suggest you find a state group that is trying to do just that. Be careful to make sure they're legitimate and not too radical. The only way to get things changed is to become part of the solution.

I'm very glad to hear the baby is home and doing better. Thankfully she won't remember any of what happened and can grow up to be healthy and happy. :)

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:26 pm

As a gaggle of ONES we can not change it. As a cohesive group with an agenda we could change it.

ejaffe

Re: How do we stop them?

Postby ejaffe » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:58 pm

DLFritsch wrote:When the letters started flying to Wayne Co. she was returned.

What is Wayne Co.?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:38 pm

Well here is my whole thing with that direction. I have a daughter who was originally placed in foster care and due to her lack of care in the first home and whatever the reason was she now at almost 4 years old still doesnt talk. Everytime I talk to her father he is constantly accusing me of stuff and telling me that she was diagnosed with failure to thrive in her first three months...mind you that is when I had her. Now the last time I checked the only things that babies learn til they are like 5 months is how to lift their head and roll over. Not how to speak in one words or even sentences.

Then I had a little boy that was placed in foster care at the same time. When he originally went in they stated that he did not talk. Mind you when he lived within my home he did speak and he had a problem with putting together sentences but he was not even two years old. He went there and shut it all down immediately. I was all this child had ever known in his life. So yes he closed up. Didnt want to eat, didnt want to sleep, and sure did not want to talk to them. They began to teach my son to call his foster mother momma and me momma *****...oh that annoyed me..but their lack and disregard towards his feelings is what upset me. Not the most though. What ticked me off the most is they cut his hair *when I asked them not to* telling me he put his hand in paint and they couldnt wash it out. Had mosquito bumps all over him at the time they were telling us to keep our kids inside cuz they were carrying diseases. Then he came in with bumps on his forehead and big huge bruises and gooseeggs..and a black mark on his ear. And then one time even what looked like burn marks down the side of his nose.

I let the Guardian know this and of course he said that he would look into it and then never did. He couldnt have cuz if he would have then I think my son would be somewhere else or even so much with me.

My oldest son used to voice his wants of going home and they totally disregarded him as well. he wrote me letters and all kinds of things letting me know he wanted to come home..this is traumatic not only for the child but for the parent to have to sit back and watch it go on. I could not have ever hurt my kids as bad as these people have. I dont condone any form of abuse but geez the emotional abuse they cause on these kids is more scarring then anything. They are not doing their jobs properly to protect our children of this country.

I know based on my own experiences. And it is ridiculous to have to sit here and watch your kids go through this heartache and know there is not a darn thing you can do about it.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:06 pm

Arm yourself with knowledge. I found a great link on FTT.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_ ... hrive.html
Check it out. It has nothing to do with talking at that time, but if she had been diagnosed, her issues could stem from that period. Learn it, discuss it with doctors, and see if that helps your child.

I'm sorry, but the rest of your story lost me, which is quite easy to do after meds. :)

If this helps, great, if not, then we all learned something.

Nighty

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:41 pm

I don't know if this helps, but when I was in Court, I saw the Poster on the Wall..."if you were mistreated during the Court Period, or on the way over here being mistreated, or other mistreatment, or you were wrongfully accused". Contact the Adovacy Office and the State Obumndsman.

This is the tip of the ice berg, where you can file complaint within the Adovacy Office and file another Case with the State Obumnsdman. The State Obumnsdman do indeed help Children First. I would bring this Case to the AFRA if I were you. AFRA will help you to go through the right channels, right process, etc...

Since the Baby is underweight, the CPS can use this against you later on when they come back. I would get things going immediately is to go to a Family Doctor, and have the baby immediately evaulated, physcial Examiniation, and tell the Doctor that this Baby was taken care by a Foster Parent. And have the Baby tested for Eating Disorders, it does not mean the baby is bulimic, because the Bulimic is required to forced throwing up, she is not forcing to throw up. That is a Difference. No Baby would be Builimic or Anoxeria. This is just an excuse for the CPS to use and plain out ridiculous. It could be just a Stomach disorder, where it won't hold down her foods. Check out her Stomach for Stomach disorders like Acid Reflux, etc...etc...this could be the case. You are right, CPS And Foster Care ARE NOT taking care of ALL of her Medical Needs, there fore thus it is MEDICAL NEGLECT!!!

You need to immediately contact your Lawyer, and contact all of these people to futher protect yourself. Because they could very well come back with much more ammunition against you for this underweight "problem". Get this under way immediately and get it under control so they cannot use this against you later down the road.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”