new comer in newark,oh briget {love you little bubba}

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

crazy

new comer in newark,oh briget {love you little bubba}

Postby crazy » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:23 pm

in 2003 i went through an adoption with a private adoption social worker with an infant i gave birth to. after placing her i moved back to cincinnati from columbus, ohio. my then 7 yr old son and i had major diffuculty because of that adoption. i placed him with the adoption social worker temporarly because of medical needs. i did not want him with his father or family because of the physical abuse by his father and the verbal abuse from his father's parents. i drove up from cincinnati with a friend to pick him up and she refused to give my son back to me. she stated to the police in johnstown, ohio that i said i was going to kill myself and kill my child. she stated to licking county dept. of children services that i had mental health history and substance abuse history. i did have a history with those issues. the county here implemented a case plan which i followed to a "t". i moved back to the columbus ohio area because i would be more able to do the case plan here than from cincinnati. i found out that i was pregnant again berfore moving back. although i again chose adoption for this child also the county had stated they were going to remove the child anyway because of my son being in foster care here. i was told not to feel like i was sacrificing one child for the other by the case worker. they have filed for permanent custody of my son. i have not been mistake free as i have lived here for 1 yr now. i have had 3 relapses. the first was on mother's day, the second was the last time i had seen my infant daughter at the children service agency, and the third was when i got paper's from the sheriff when the agency filed for permanent custody of my son. the case worker has definately put her own personal twist of things in the report. she broke confidentiality and called my friend in cincinnati and disclosed my choice of adopting out my second infant daughter and insinuated that i was sexually promiscuous. i signed no written ok for her to talk with my friend. she encouraged me to file a grievance and stated she was not a licensed social worker so she would just be repremanded and it would be put in her file. i chose not to do that being i filed a complaint on the adoption social worker with the state of ohio counsler and social worker board. they found her guilty and she has a restriction for a year on her license and has to complete a full semester of ethics classes at her own expense and it has to be from an accredited university or college approved by the board. because she did the adoptions for the juvenile court in licking county where my son is in foster care i was declared to be delusional{by the judge and not a doctor} i was declared to be homicidal and suicidal again {by a judge and not a doctor} the agency and the juvenile court here i feel have violated my rights and i feel that the agency has not made reasonable efforts to reunify my child and me. what do i do and how do i get some one some where other than this county to listen and to help my family. :cry:
    [list=][/list]

crazy

Postby crazy » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:31 am

hi, this is bridget in licking county ohio. i've been reading some of the horror stories from the site and i have posted my own situation under user name crazy and i am eager for support and any suggesstions you might have.
      :cry:

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:31 am

after reading your story crazy, I do have 2 questions, 1. do you not use any form of birth control? and 2. do your child all have different daddys? It looks as though the "promiscuous" may be true, however, it doesn't seem right to remove a child for that, I'm not sure. You do have the right to ask for a judge to step down (many people don't know this) if a judge is showing unrightful judgement agianst a person without cause, I wish I could help more but I amnot sure of the laws in your state, you should get a copy of the law on child pretective servies and see what your rights are. god bless.

Katy

Postby Katy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:09 pm

Amazing that promiscuous could be a reason for removing a child(ren)!!! Do they do this to men/dads? I think you are doing pretty well, crazy, to only relapse three times in the course of this whole CPS situation! Did you say you had a lawyer? Keeping your paperwork?

i know very little about this system and am unfortunately learning as I go along... Just would like to give you some moral support! Document document document everything! And keep your chin up- keep fighting!

Yours in the fight Katy

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:04 am

amen katy, men get away with more (not that men are worse) if it was not our buisness who the prez slept with in the white house, why is it cps's buisness who crazy sleeps with? or any of us for that matter?

Katy

Postby Katy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:46 am

crazy-

I have contacted the ombudsman in my state (CA) to try to find a better lawyer who understands mental illness. One in your area might be able to help. Also called NAMI- National Alliance for Mental Illness (I believe) to get more resurces. It sounds like they could help you too.

Keep in touch! I hope this helps Katy

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:51 pm

at this point in the game I dont know if there is a whole lot you can do about the past...unless you have documentation...it is a cruel world and sometimes we learn from our mistakes..i know that you never knew that she was going to pull those stunts on you but you do know now and that should only make you stronger...

the only advice I can give to you is that you need to go to the courthouse and explain the circumstances *if they dont already know* and find out what you can file for. Or even so much as go to a free consultation with a lawyer and ask what legal stuff you can do as an action against them...

You are in my prayers and God Bless!!
    *whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
    (that is my quote)

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”