accused of child molestation

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

chonboy42

accused of child molestation

Postby chonboy42 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:23 pm

I got your address from the internet, on 1/17/06 I recieved a call from a Det.
stating that she wanted to talk to me about my ex-girlfriend and her 8 yr old daughter, she stated that daughter
has accused me of molesting her, also the Det. stated that my brother also was being named in this, the Det. wants me to meet with her
this friday and talk and do a ploygraph test next monday.
I don't mind doing the test if it clears me of any wrong doing.
I am lost as to what to do!!!!!!!!!
I never molested her and I truly believe that my brother would never moleste her, please help us.

Dan Sullivan

Re: accused of child molestation

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:47 pm

chonboy42 wrote:I got your address from the internet, on 1/17/06 I recieved a call from a Det.
stating that she wanted to talk to me about my ex-girlfriend and her 8 yr old daughter, she stated that daughter
has accused me of molesting her, also the Det. stated that my brother also was being named in this, the Det. wants me to meet with her
I never molested her and I truly believe that my brother would never moleste her, please help us.

Get an attny ASAP.

Do NOT speak with anyone without an attny present!!!!!

When was the last time you saw the daughter?

Getting a call from a detective does sound like a prank.

Usually you'd just get arrested.

Dan

chonboy42

Postby chonboy42 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Let me clear something up - the daughter is not mine but an ex-livein girlfriend, I move out of the house after 4yrs of abuse, (yes ladies Men get abused also and I am not proud of allowing it to happen, I've been asked why I didn't leave sooner, but as hard as I try I cannot come up with an answer :( , so anyway after me being away form them for 7 months now I recieve that call, let me tell you it is not a fun feeling after someone states that you are a subject for investigation for molestion. I been searching for support and this is the only place that even comes near to what i need and I have read some of the post and I truly feel sorry for all the people that are going thru Hell, I will pray for each and everone here and thank you for allowing me to join, I have lost faith in God and the system for allowing good people to suffer in this life, to all God be with you

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:58 pm

chonboy42 wrote: let me tell you it is not a fun feeling after someone states that you are a subject for investigation for molestion.

Been thru it myself in 1993... and it was eventually thrown out of court by the Judge.

Getting a "call" leads me to believe it's a prank.

You would have been arrested.

Get the detective's name?

Best, Dan

scarfyrre

Postby scarfyrre » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:19 pm

Yep, cops knock on your door and arrest you, they don't make appointments.

If the detective gave his/her name, then call the station and double check this person exists. If he/she doesn't then make a report of a prank call of someone impersonating an officer. Press charges.

luvmyboyz

Postby luvmyboyz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:58 pm

That is a pretty sad prank or a poor way of doing things to see if you confess.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:41 pm

chonboy42 says "I have lost faith in God and the system for allowing good people to suffer in this life, to all God be with you" God bless you hun,, but I think God helped you by sending you here, I do believe, however, that all people of faith feel this way some time in their lives. Listen to these good people they can help. Like they said, don't go anywhere and ay anything without a lawyer, do not do a polygraph, sometimes they get you worked up before hand and it can hinder the reading of the test, also like they said,, if she accused you of molesting her daughter then the cops would have just come to your door. God bless and our prayers are with you.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:55 pm

scarfyrre wrote:Yep, cops knock on your door and arrest you, they don't make appointments.

No, they knock on your door and arrest you when they have suffiecient evidence and the DA is pressing charges. When they are 'investigating, they have to investigate. Obviously there is no concrete proof as of now otherwise they would have already done the door knocking.

Perhaps if this women is abuse as you state, this is just one more way of getting back at you if you are truely innocent.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:00 pm

true Momoffor, but the law would still show up at his door and not call first

Reverendsons

God Bless...

Postby Reverendsons » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:57 pm

I do not know what state you are in, but I knew a couple from California that was going through a "similar type" ordeal. They now live in Iowa and are living a good life; (7 years later).

The way I understand, this is how it worked: The detectives should have came to your home and questioned you. Like they did with this individual. Then they try to get the facts and if they feel they have enough evidence then they do an arrest. Now as I have stated this is one story. Please do not hold me to how this works all the time, especially when you are in different states, counties. Anyway, the detectives after gathering their evidence asked this person to come down to the station, where they arrested him. He spent 3 weeks in lock-up and $25,000 later the charges were dropped. In a case like this that you have, you should consult with an attorney even if you have no money. Most consultations are free. Get 3 or 4 consultations if you have too. Now every time you talk with someone, whether it is a credit card company or in your case; (a supposed detective), always get a name and number before you hang up.

You do not have to submit to a polygraph. They can not make you and even if you did and did not pass, this does not make you guilty and most polygraphs from what I have heard of are not sibmissalbe in court.

Please take any advice with caution. I am not an expert, but I have seen this happen to a family before. My prayers are with you. Do not lose faith. I will tell you this; if you lose faith I can guarantee you mind will be filled with clutter and doubt and you will be confused, this will intern cause you to fall and make bad choices.

Remember our 1st amendment. You do not have to talk to these people. Do yourself and your family a great favor, talk to an attorney, he can make all the necessary calls.

Hang in their. You are going to make it. Keep praying and keep believing (faith).

Pray, listen, and you will be guided in the right direction. Get in touch with your local Church and have the Pastor pray with you or whomever you feel comfortable, God will be their to listen he will be their to walk beside you. He knows what your going through and he is their to carry you through this.

God bless you all.
The Reverend M.C.

chonboy42

Postby chonboy42 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:16 am

To all that replied to my message God bless you, I my future wife is behind me 100% and she tells me to hang in there and after reading the replies I must admitt tears swell in my eyes and i felt a funny feeling in my chest and felt like letting go any cry for joy. As far as my faith in God I believe its still there, its my weakness that makes me feel alone and abandoned.
After all the physical and mental abuse and losing my house, she is making my life a living Hell, I moved out of the house and the owner of the house kick her out, in turn I lost the house and just last week I had to go to court and lost a judgement to replace the carpet and stove and other items that were gone, I left everything and now it will cost me $2800 for the judgement and this why I believe that she is having me investigated.
Bless you all,
chonboy42

angel_pals_2002

Re: accused of child molestation

Postby angel_pals_2002 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:52 pm

chonboy42 wrote:I got your address from the internet, on 1/17/06 I recieved a call from a Det.

I do know exactly how u feel after I went through counseling because I was molested by my own father for a long time bedore I was not scared to put a stop to it anymore ,cps told me once a bused always an abuser and thats not so in my case to a mother of 4 daughters.The detectives kicked in my door without search warrant so they can do anything they like but yes I would get a lawyer as soon as possible.
Last edited by angel_pals_2002 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:57 pm

angel_pals_2002, what is your comment?

angel_pals_2002

REF:Molestation

Postby angel_pals_2002 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:47 pm

[quote="RKeyser"]angel_pals_2002, what is your comment?[/

Even if you were to take the polygraph test I for one would make sure not to do anything without the presence of an attorney first and ask him for his advice. Now I want to explain something to you I went through the same similar situation as you and the judge explained to me that a polygraph is not 100% accurate in the court room to clear your name of any wrong doings. It did come down to the end of the case where I was terminated on a bad choice of men in my life because I felt I didn't want to live alone but none of the guys I was seeing except there father had been of any harm to them.I pray all goes well for you but please take the advice of an attorney first.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:37 pm

sorry hun,, i don't remember why I asked your comment but I must say it looks like you are strong and getting through this,, God bless

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”