help??

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thibs

help??

Postby thibs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:13 am

There is no help out there for these guys who get accused of sex criimes, I know because a friend of mine was convicted with no physical eveidence what so ever. The first trial made the judge sick and was thrown out how can they try him again?? I dont understand this it's crazy. :cry:
G.T.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 pm

was it thrown out or was it dropped? there is a difference

thibs

Postby thibs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:50 pm

i believe it was thrown out i have all the transcripts from both trials i can check to make sure but i belive i am right.
G.T.

jennirosenberg

Postby jennirosenberg » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:22 pm

this system is so corrupt when it comes to child molestation. makes me ill. my youngest daughter was molested when she was 5 by a neighbor. they had all the evidence and hey even got a full descriptive story from my daughter about what happened and where but he never sat 1 day in jail. he didnt get charged with anything at all cause they say he passed a lie detecter test. i put a restraining order on him and the judge took it off cause i was never in relations with the guy. what a corrupt system we have. ne way enough of my bitching, i suggest he get a real good attorney to fight this at what ever it will cost cause if he is convcited he will always be registered as a sex offender.
jennirosenberg

thibs

Postby thibs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:33 pm

he has been convicted to 8yrs in state prison 6yrs probation and has to register for the rest of his life and he is only 26 yrs old.
G.T.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:40 pm

what plea did your friend give? if the case was closed due to being unfounded or whatever they cannot try to convict him on the same charges,, it's double jepardy

thibs

Postby thibs » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:29 pm

he pled not guilty the judge threw it out because the investigating officer failed to say that there was an eyewitness to another man commitng this act. This officer was also repremanded for this.
G.T.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:15 pm

I am not sure of the laws in your state but it sounds like double jepardy and your friend should have copies of court documents from both hearings and compare, making sure they didn't add something that he didn't know about.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”