You guys have to read this!!!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

splizzrinkle

You guys have to read this!!!

Postby splizzrinkle » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 am

My name is Joshua Bartholow, I would like to bring to the courts attention certain matters pertaining to my case.
In Jan. 2006, my roommate, "Mike Wood", moved out of my home while I was in North Carolina for a week.
When I returned home, I found him and his belongings gone. I returned to work the next day. While I was at work,
Mike Wood came to my home knowing I was at work, and proceeded to have a conversation with my girl friend.
When I returned from work, my girl friend, "Charree Swindoll", informed me that Mr. Wood had asked her to leave
with him and walk to his friends trailer. Charree told him no, and asked him to leave. After hearing this, I told her
to not allow him in my home, and she agreed. Over a period of two weeks, while I was in Pasco, Wa. working,
Mr. Wood continued to knock on my door asking to be let inside. Charree would answer the door to tell Mr. Wood
to leave at once. On one occasion, Mr. Wood told Charree he would not stop until he made her understand that
she should leave me to go be with him. Finally, Mr. Wood caught Charree outside while she was checking the mail,
and told her he would buy her a car and move her in with him, and he could fix it where I could not intervene.

Mr. Wood then grabbed Charree by the arm and forced her to kiss him in my front yard. Charree pushed him away
and asked him to leave once again. Later that day, while I was still at work Mr. Wood called my home and told
Charree he would cause her alot of problems if she did not agree to meet him that night. Charree was afraid of what
Mr. Wood might do to her, so she left that night and walked to the store parking lot to explain to Mr. Wood how she
felt about what he was doing. When Charree met up with him, he pointed to a car across the street and told her that
would be her's the next day if she did what he said. He explained to her that he would even go to the police dept.
with her and make up a story to file a restraining order against me so I could not talk to either one of them.
He went on to tell her how I did not care about her and was using her for a babysitter for my two children. Charree
agreed to go along with Mr. Wood's plan, and left with him at that time. Two days went by and I did not see or hear
from either one of them. On the evening of the second day, the police showed up at my home and informed me that
Mr. Wood and Charree had just told them I had slapped her. They called DHS to come get my kids and took me to
jail. While I was in Jail, Mr. Wood talked Charree into obtaining her own apartment and then moved in with her.

I was informed by my boss while I was in jail, that if I was not out by Feb. 18th, I would loose my job. I was then
visited by a public defender who told me that if I went with the DA's plea bargain, I would be released on Feb. 16th.
Seeing no other choice, I excepted the plea to keep my job and my home. During this time DHS has made a false
case against me, claiming I have a long history of Domestic Violence, when in fact, I have only had one prior conviction
for pushing one of my partners many years ago. DHS has also claimed I kept my seven year old daughter from going to
school, when in fact, I was in the process of enrolling her, and waiting on her birth certificate to be mailed to me. Farther
more, I was within Oregon State Law for the required age limit. DHS claims my children were present when I supposedly
slapped Charree, which caused them to be in danger. Before I was taken to jail, they asked me who I could have come
get my kids. I gave them several phone numbers, and later found out they never contacted anyone. DHS explained to me
that because no one was available, they had no choice but to place them in foster care, then later told me through a
shelter hearing that they planned to keep them. I have solid evidence to back up my case, and have obtained several eye
witnesses and signed and notarized affidavits. Charree has lifted the restraining order, and informed the courts through
signed affidavits of her own, that I did not assault her. DHS has not been notified of anything as of this time, for legal
reasons.
Joshua Bartholow

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 am

Welcome to the board...

In the domestic assault case I think the police overstepped their bounds by arresting you after 2 days time. Usually you are just served papers to go to court if the police are not called to the home at the time of the "alleged assault".. Check in Oregons state statutes on domestic assault to be sure..
http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/

Charree has lifted the restraining order, and informed the courts through
signed affidavits of her own, that I did not assault her.

Pleading guilty to it was a mistake, DHS will use it by saying "Why would an innocent person plead guilty"

Filing a false police report isn't takin' lightly, she may end up facing charges over it.

DHS has not been notified of anything as of this time, for legal
reasons.

Be overly nice when you show them these affidavits, you want to stay calm and show the courts that this was a mistake. Oregon is very corrupt when it comes to DHS.. Learn all the laws and policies that pertain to DHS so you know what they can actually do...
http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/

then later told me through a
shelter hearing that they planned to keep them.

Keep them in fostercare I presume?

Have you had visitation with the children since this happened?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

splizzrinkle

Yes..

Postby splizzrinkle » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:28 am

I have had visitation every week for 4 weeks now.
Joshua Bartholow

Flora Petrie

Oregon CPS is very corrupt

Postby Flora Petrie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:40 am

:( I have been dealing w/ our local CPS/CSD office for 1 1/2 years now, welcome to the corrupt and evil world of Oregon State Child Protective Services. What a misnamer, huh? They do not protect our children. Do as much research as you can, this battle can be won, just hang in there and fight with everything you have. I have printed off alot of info off this site and have found very usefull info off other links. I will be keeping in touch. Mother of ten Blessings
Mother of Ten

sp80631

Postby sp80631 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:52 pm

I agree with you completely that the state of Oregon is very corrupt. They have had my three children for almost 5 years. They are good at lying and falsefying. I would check out the websites. I am currently working on my BA in criminal justice. I am planning on bringing a law suit against Oregon for taking my children without just cause. Read my story and you will find more information out about me. My case took place in Eugene (Lane Co).

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:33 pm

The state of Oregon is also where the Christine case occured. I personally plan to avoid that state at all costs.

sob900

Postby sob900 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:49 pm

I would like to say I know how all of you feel in Oregon, as NJ is just as corrupt. Keep fighting, we will win eventually.
Dano
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin

sp80631

Postby sp80631 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:03 pm

You are absoluately right!! We do have to keep fighting. And we we will win. Before I found this site, which by the way I wished I knew about this when my case first happened back in Nov. of 2001, I thought I was alone in this nightmare. It has been so horrific and it is a relief to know that there are others out there dealing with the same stuff. I don't know about anyone else, but I am a Christian and I know that there is a God and I know that our day is coming. We just need to keep the faith and continue to get the word out. Society needs to know that CPS is not for families and just because someone is involved with this agency do not mean they are bad parents. The lies that have been told to our nation is that if you are involved with cps than you must not have been a good parent. That is a lie that needs to be broke. Just be encouraged that I am praying and have been for years. I know our day is coming soon!!! :) And yes, Oregon is very corrupt and I don't know of a state that isn't.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:42 am

It sounds like you have some solid proof of the
plot by the former house mate.

How good is your lawyer?
Public defender or hired?

Regardless, most won't REALLY fight for you.

Don't easily believe attorneys tough talk either.
Some talk tough to reassure you, but do the Judas.

Are you hoping to "go easy" on the woman
or the man about this?

I think you are going to need to FRY THEM
in court for the sake of your kids.

That corrupt little scam he pitched for so long
needs to be exposed.

If it's exposed strongly and openly,
CPS will send your kids home and run
like hell, fearing people will realize what
idiots they are!

If you don't BURN DOWN the man and woman
in court, you will be in a war of attrition that
may last for YEARS. You don't need to just
beat them in court, you need to SLAM DUNK
them!

Are you having problems getting over
your feelings for the woman?
I've read about situations like this
over and over again where the couple
just can't break up even after something
as horrible as this!

DO NOT be a sucker about your love for her.

Forget about working it out, ever.

If you two work it out later, part of you
deep down SHOULD never be able to
forgive the woman for putting your
children in such grave danger, and
that kind of a grudge is impossible
to truly "get past".

The thing you really need is for this woman
to tell the truth about the guys
repeated pitches for this scam.

She OWES you that.

When she went to a store to "talk to him"
did she leave the kids at home alone?

Criminal charge.

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Mon May 01, 2006 8:49 am

my kids have been in foster incarceration since january 2003 and will be coming home soon .....we probably could have gotten them home sooner but we didnt know our rights we just rolled over and played dead til we learned all of our rights and started fighting them at every turn not letting them get away with anything. Once they knew we were serious and not going to stand for the injustices they actually went to the judges and asked for discrepancy to return them home.

If you show them your fear they will keep attacking you but if you stand upto them and let them know you arent going to back down just like a bully they will leave you alone.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon May 01, 2006 9:28 am

Absolutely correct Momof31995!

Nothing works the same way in every case but in my opinion:

If they don't have your children:

Fight them tooth and nail and assert your constitutional and legal rights every step of the way and to everyone who matters. Don't tell them anything, don't cooperate and NEVER, EVER let them into your home. Send a certified letter to the school warning them that you will not tolerate interrogations or any mental/medical evaluation without your express consent (a sample of such a letter is available upon request).

If they have your children:

You still must assert your rights at all times but when they ask you to sign documents under threat of not returning your children, do it but under your signature, place the words "SIGNED UNDER DURESS". Don't do anything they ask you to do without a court order. If there is a court order, appeal it, it's usually in violation of constitutional rights or other statute(s) so you have a good chance of getting it reversed by a higher court.

The key and bottom line is that you must show them you are not an easy mark as Momof31995 noted and they are in for a fight.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 am

And one more thing I will emphasize in both cases (they have or don't have your children).

Despite what some phonies (or misguided individuals) have suggested in this forum, NEVER VOLUNTEER to do anything, take BS classes or whatever. This is not only an admission of guilt but it also supports the CPS colluding industry which you have no reason whatsoever to finance or placate.

splizzrinkle

new update

Postby splizzrinkle » Thu May 25, 2006 10:20 pm

Here's where it gets good..
Four months later, after i have paid over 1900.00 in classes, attorney fees, "GAS" , (I drive 123 miles round trip for visits and classes) and child support.
I have done everything they have asked me to do, I have been to all twelve visits to see my kids, never missed any. I have been overly nice to all of them and complyed with all demands.
This is what I get ..
My son running up to me on a visit, telling me the cops were at the foster parents house, and a cop took him to the doctor. Then he preseeds to pull up his shirt and show me a very large bite mark that went threw several layers of skin and was yellow and blue all around it. I asked who did that? , and he says "My foster dad bit me on my back". Out of nowhere the cps workers come running around the corner saying "let us explain!" they tell me the foster dad was arrested for child abuse and my children were being moved to another home. They also say all the other foster kids are being moved , and they are no longer allowed to have kids.

Since they have been moved I have been to one visit and one school play, at the school i was introduced to the new foster parents, who just so happen to be my old neighbors from a year ago. CPS and this state ran system is the biggest joke! They have scheduled 3 final court hearings for me and have cancled all of them due to "not enough judical time". They have one count they are bringing up in court .. 1. Child wittness to domestic violence.
But I can't seem to get lucky enough to get a court date.

Now it is getting to the point where I will not be able to afford to make it to these classes and probably even some visits. Of course if i miss the classes they will probably stop all visits anyway. Now the issue of child support, seems they want me to pay them to abuse my children. Well, to make a short story long, something is going to break here, probably me.. but would sure like some input. Please feel free to tell me what i should due.
Joshua Bartholow

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri May 26, 2006 1:12 pm

They have one count they are bringing up in court .. 1. Child wittness to domestic violence.

Go to the courthouse and file for your own courtdate..Bring the fight to them..

Caselaw that supports your side:

Nicholson v. Williams

Suit challenged the practice of New York's City's Administration for Children's Services of removing the children of battered mothers solely because the children saw their mothers being beaten by husbands or boyfriends. Judge ruled the practice unconstitutional in a landmark class action suit in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York. Case No. 00-cv-2229.

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Dan Sullivan

Re: new update

Postby Dan Sullivan » Fri May 26, 2006 3:09 pm

splizzrinkle wrote: They have one count they are bringing up in court .. 1. Child wittness to domestic violence.

If this is accurate you should be able to get this thing tossed out of court.

CPS doesn't want a Judge to hear what they've done.

Witness to violence... have they never seen TV?

Best, Dan

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri May 26, 2006 6:36 pm

And the Fact that the Children were never abused while in Parent's Custody. That's the difference.

CPS means "Protection of Children", but there is no need for protection on Children because they are not abused physically

BUT....CPS can claim emotional Abuse and Psch abuse on the Children just because they "witnessed" Violence between Parents.

I think it is no win-win situation for CPS, because Emotional Harm and Emotional Abuse, Psch. Abuse are hard to prove.

In fact, I think the Children being Removed, are just harmful enough. Being removed from the Parents is harmful enough. being put in Foster Care is harmful enough and get really abused there?

Three Strikes and they are already damaged and abused by CPS, in my opinion.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat May 27, 2006 10:30 pm

Good dad said,
In the domestic assault case I think the police overstepped their bounds by arresting you after 2 days time

Links to case laws in regards to this.

http://www.landmarkcases.org/mapp/exclusionary1.html
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”