Unfair Justice - All about Money

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Why has the judical system ruined my family's life?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:42 am

Where is the Justice?
No votes
Why has my children been mentally scared because the state failed to do a proper job?
No votes
Is it truly about money, it's certainly not about the well being of the children?!
100%

Total votes: 3

Heartbrokenmom/wife

Unfair Justice - All about Money

Postby Heartbrokenmom/wife » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:42 am

Hello all! I have been a member of this website since last fall but have been afraid to tell my story for fear that "The wrong people" might read & make a connection back to me. I do not want to do or say anything that might be "used against me". I want to briefly tell you my story. I do plan on writing a book with the help of a "GREAT" friend of mine who is a CPS worker for the state. I was in a very abusive marriage of 17 years. In 1998 I filed for divorce, left & went into hiding with my children for 2 months. After a long custody battle & phsy. evalution the judge deemed my "X" was a drug addict, alcoholic & a lier. She ordered him to a 30 day inpatient program, he was to keep up with the maintaince program (AA) as well as refrain from all alchol & drugs prior to & druing visits. She also deemed him unfit to have the children without supervision. All of these things were to be sumitted back to my council. Of course that never happened. In late June of 2004 the "X" came to pick up the children for his over night visit & never returned them. According to his attorney he was mearly "exersizing his 3 week summer parenting time". Which was never put in writing to be approved by the courts. Nor has he ever done this b-4. I was to pick up the children at 8 PM July 10th from his mother's house where he has lived since the last custody battle. (She was supposed to be the supervisor) The afternoon of the 10th at 4:13 PM I recieved a call from CPS telling me to come to the office of Family Services by 6 PM & bring my current husband of 3 1/2 years with me. We showed up at 5:45 PM & only I was called in at 7 PM. I was taken to a conference room with the CPS worker. I was advised she was taking my children away from me & giving temporary custody to my "X". I had all the past & current court documents with me but she refused to look at them telling me that they were irrelevant. She said I was being accused of being a drug addict & dealer & that my husband had been accused of Molesting my then 11 yr. old daughter. She then told me that nothing I had to say or show her revelant. She also told me that "We were Guilty until we could prove ourselves innocent". This was 8 months ago. Since then my now 12 yr. old daughter has recanted her story in a deposition saying my husband had done none of these things & that the Judge, Detective, her adult cousin & her dad had told her what to say & even made her write it down. My husband is at is last Pre-trial as I write this. His bench trial is to begin tomorrow. I have been told by my council that if charges are not dropped & this goes to trial I will have to divorce my "Sole Mate" in order to even see my children again. The state has absolutly nothing to charge him with. His council believes charges will be dropped (80% chance) or thrown out tomorrow trial. The judge that is handeling my custody case did a video testomney with my daughter. Prosicution in my husband's case put forth a motion with the court to not allow this to be shown because the Judge was leading in her interview with my daughter. My "X" has brainwashed my daughter (espically my daughter) and is doing a real good job working on my son. (8 yrs.) I have been with my current husband for a total 6 yrs. & the only thing "ANYONE" (including myself) has ever seen is my husband act as a loving, caring, concerned parent. I lost a 5 yr. old daughter to a severe handicapped condition. If I thought for one second that my current husband even thought of molesting my daughter I would have him prosicuted to the fullest extent of the law myself! My "X" has made it perfictly clear to every one (espically my children) that "The only reason I am with my current husband is because he makes more money then he does ("X) & if he (current hubby) were out of the picture we (my children, he the "X" & myself) could all live together as a happy family". He is a very sick man & violent as well. I am very concerned for the well being of my children. Oh, by the way this whole thing started because in December of 2003 I tried to take him back to court for non-payment of back child support in the sum of over $45,000.00 dollars. No one in the judical system can seem to understand that he has 45,000 reasons to do what he is doing. In fact the person assigned (Guardian Ad Leitam) to our case wasn't even aware of the back child support until Thursday of last week when she "FINALLY" had time to meet with me. She said " I don't understand, why the judge hasn't given the children back to you, you are obvious the better parent & you have done everything the courts have asked you to do!" If she dosen't understand who does? By the way the Judge (she's not a judge she is a madurstrait) is the same judge that deemed my "X" unfit, ordered him to the inpatient program, keep up with the maintance program (AA) & ordered supervised visitation with his mother present. My "X" has always threatened to "RUIN" me in any way possible. He has done a great job of it this time. My husband & I both work for very large companys who have been in the media alot recently. I am an engineer & he has a simiular job. Since my divorce from the "X" my current husband & I had been doing very well for our selves (without child support). However my "X's" sister & niece called my husbands place of employment & threatened that if they didn't fire him they would go to the media. (these calls have been traced back to these two people) Back in August my husband was placed on non-paid leave (Termination Pending Investigation). The state placed my children with my "X" with out reviewing their own records & with out doing the proper background checks. My court date is scheduled for the 16 of this month. I have been told by my council that it is possible that the state will allow thr "X" to keep the children if my husband "GOES TO TRIAL". If that happens the possibality of the $45,000.00 in arearments of child support will probably not be addressed & the courts will start taking money out of my pay check to give to the "X" for child support???????????? How fair is that? I have never been in any type of trouble in my now 41 yrs. of life, not even a speeding ticket. And I certainly DO NOT do drugs let alone distribut them. However the "X's" record of DUI's, DWi's, Domestic Violence, Public Intoxication, & haveing his drivers license taken away for 10 yrs. because the courts deemed him a "Hapitual Offender". Where is the justice in this story? Is there any recourse for me at all? Can any one be made to pay for what they have done to distroy the lives of my children, husband or myself? I am paying 4 lawers, a Forensic Phschyiatrist&, councilors. Prior to this I had an almost perfect credit rating. Now my vehicle has been repoed, I am loosing my house, and the bill collectors are calling every day. If it were not for my faith & trust in Christ, family & friends support I would have already had a nervious break down. Is there any one out there that might be able to tell me what direction to take so this does not ever happen to me or any one else again?
Sincerely Yours, Heartbrokenmom/wife

"The only thing that allows evil to prevail is for good people to do or say nothing!"

"Lets unite for "United we stand & devided we fall!"

LindaJM

Tragedy

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:22 pm

I am so sorry.. this is a very sad posting. If you want to help prevent these false accusation cases from happening I'd concentrate on changing the mandated reporter laws so that false accusations are a criminal offense. As it is, most states don't have that law. They make false accusations a civil offense (you can sue someone for doing it) but in most cases it's almost impossible to prove someone didn't make the report in good faith (honestly suspecting you could be guilty).

Please let us know what happens in court.

These cases will probably always happen so long as there's a CPS for spiteful ex-spouses to complain to, and so long as divorces happen. And as long as there are abusive, drug using people making victims of their spouses, there will be divorces... nobody would ever want you to live through that.

My abusive ex tried the same thing with us a few years ago. He didn't get very far with it. He also owes us many thousands which I'll never see because he doesn't want to support his children. I accept that. I don't want his money anyhow - I just want peace in my home.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

MarkMiclette

perfect example

Postby MarkMiclette » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:15 am

Those bastards!!

Your situation is a perfect example of why we need to do 'Option X' , which is use every remaining dollar you have for you walk away from your life and start a fresh life with your children again...in your case ... a planet or two away from your X.

It is not wrong or immoral to take your children back from the government's and X's evil clutch when it is obvious that you are the best thing for them and it appears as though you cannot win.

You may want to see what the court decides first and if it means leaving your soul mate to get them back...do it. The kids are more than your soul mate. They are a responsibility given to you by God and all that matters until they are adults and can fend for themselves. They take precedence over all else. If you decide to put on new skins and disappear with him after you get your kids, so be it. But get the kids first!

MarkMiclette
I took the law into my own hands and stole my two wonderful, normal, well adjusted, healthy children back from a quasi-fascist state agency, the Oregon DHS and CPS, an agency which profits from taking children away from their biological parents and getting them adopted by another set of parents. While in the custody of DHS, for the first time in their lives, they were abused, unloved, kept in filth and pestilence and told that their parents were bad and did not love them. Damn you Oregon DHS and CPS and damn the politicians of Oregon that allow this to continue year after year.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”