Im new

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:24 pm

I don't understand why you had to take Marriage Counselling?

That is if you were together for ** numbers of Years like 17 or 20 years of Marriage.

That is pretty absurd to take. But then again with CPS, anything goes to make Services and Payment Funds rolling, this is it. That is why CPS adds so much Services after another. 4 or 5 Services added in the Service Plan instead of one because it funds more. The more Services they make people take, the more Funds rolls in.

That is CpS's nature, offering Services with many many Families just like you.

I agree with Good Dad, it is better not to say anything and keep quiet because the more you talk, the more damage it can harm the Case and will harm the chance to get your Grandchildren back home.

Let your Attorney do the Job and he knows what to do. I hope he is a good one. Because some Attornies can do a crap job and lazy one too.

Write Declaration of Facts immediately and file it with the Courts, and make sure the Judge reads them BEFORE the Court Hearing begins. It has saved many, many Families from going through hell and got their Children back almost immediately.

Keep on fighting and do not sign any more Service Plans. You will be in it for a long, long haul if you signed the Plan. up to 6 months to a Year is what you are looking at. That is what Services are to you to take. If Families don't sign, then it shorten the case and it will be done and over with unless Judge orders it. I don't think any Judge would order Services to Grandparents whose Children were never abused in any way. :roll:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

serroy

grandchild

Postby serroy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:30 pm

I plan to push for changes in the way CPS conducts business. This site has been a great sourcee of knowledge. Is there a template available for parents who want to make their wishes known that they want their children to remain in the custody of; or go to a specific family member?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:34 pm

Dazzemay is the one you should ask information for. I think she has valuable information regarding Kinship, Guardianship and other wonderful informations.

Writing Letters and carbon copy to everyone including CPS Worker, Director of CPS, Supervisor, etc...leave a paper trail.

Ask your Attorney about your wishes, and your Children's wishes where Custody should be at. There is an ASFA LAW where it protects Grandparents and has the RIGHT to have Custody on their Grandchildren.

Maybe you can use ASFA Law against these CPS Crooks.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:14 pm

This from the federal on Out-of-Home-Care.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/outofhome/index.cfm

Also, State Statutes Search, sections on
Foster Care - case planning and
placement of children with relatives.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... /index.cfm

serroy

grandchildren

Postby serroy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:29 pm

You are correct that the caseworker would recommend marriage counseling just to fund CPS. The attorney we hired is knowledgeable in this area. She says that it would be good if the parents are willing to place the children in our custody. Thats what they have done all these years. They live an illicit lifestyle and have given us custody of their children fulltime. The grandchildren know me and my wife as mommy & Daddy. The attorney says that we need to make it official, the custody that is. hence the document or request by me for a template such as the declaration of facts. I'll do that, i just thought Id save time if there was a template for the parents to make their wishes known. The attorney file a motion for intervention on our behalf and we expect a hearing soon.. I am also soliciting letters from my sons school principal and teachers that describe my sons demeaner. He is passive and off the pot. I have him tested weekly. The attorney will push for more visits and placement with us while we attend CPS's counseling. CPS is ticked off because I wrote a letter to the governor and us senator that has started an investigation. I am more ticked about them seperating our family. More to come. I will keep in touch with this valuable site.

serroy

Grandchildren

Postby serroy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Hey everyone, my 17 year old attended his 1st Juvenile Aggression Management (JAM) meeting as per the family plan. This was recommended by the caseworker who abducted our grandchildren because she was intimidated by his anger (really his demeanor) when my 17 yr old told her that she was not going to take his 3 yr old niece and 7 month old nephew. My 17 yr old didnt touch the caseworker in any way. The caseworker called the local police and he was handcuffed untill the caseworker left with the children. Well guess what?. The Therapist/ counselor at the JAM meeeting told my wife that there was no reason for my son to be there because he reacted like anyone else would in that situation. The JAM meetings are for violent abusive controlling persons and my son is passive. She said she would call the caseworker and tell her this tomorrow but that it was still up to the caseworker to decide if she wanted him to attend the JAM meeting. Ill keep you posted

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:06 pm

handcuffing him is not only seizure it is a false arrest. I will look for the case law to support this and get back to you.

Make sure to get that in writing from the therapist.

Remember you are always building a case.
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:23 pm

Under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242 Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law it is a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities accrued or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

Under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 245 Federally Protected Activities This statute makes it a crime for any person acting under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom to willfully deprive or cause to be deprived from any person those rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution and laws of the U.S.

For purposes of the Fourth Amendment a “seizure” of a person is a situation in which a reasonable person would feel that he is not free to leave, and also either actually yields to a show of authority from police or social workers. Persons may not be “seized” without a court order or being placed under arrest. California v Hobari D. 499 U.S. 621 (1991)

There is case law or something that says that if any officer puts his hands on you that is false arrest, I will still have to look for it though. Did PO put him in the police car?
"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That in essence is facism." Franklin Roosevelt

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

serroy

17 year old

Postby serroy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Thanks for the info Fightingfor3. The PO did not place him in police car. He sat down on a lawn chair till the caseworker absconded with our grandchildren. Yes, I am going to try and get an answer in writing fropm the therapist, but will also do a declaration of facts for my wife stating this is what the therapist told her.

fightingfor3

Postby fightingfor3 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:19 pm

In the Declaration of Facts make sure to say that at no time have you all "consented" not to the removal, not to the pot test, not to the treatment plan. Your child was held hostage and used against you to cooperate with them so that they can earn a buck. Whether they have legal guardianship of the child or not, they came onto your private property, and I would argue that this "random" visit, was in fact a planned execution of seizing your child. Reasonable people are supposed to know what their rights are, just as the therapist said REASONABLY your son acted accordingly, you have documentation (or will) to support this. Laws outside of the understanding of Reasonable people are unconstitutional, and are void. Your son acted as a reasonable person to protect his RIGHTS that were being trampled on by an official who should have known better, they cannot turn defending himself or any of your rights into a crime. He should have never been put in that position by them in the first place.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:48 pm

I wondered if this Case Worker had called the Police in order to kidnap the Children the "easy way" (Classic Kidnapping) by arresting this Man by handcuffing him. What other way can she get a hold custody of these Grandchildren? Beside calling the Police would make her Job much easier??? :shock:

I would tell about this situation to the Lawyers to see if they had violated that Law by "falsely reporting" by telling the Police that he is "violent" or "angry". Why the reason to put him down on a lawn chair if he was violent? That doesn't make sense to me but then again, it would be to sit him down so the Caseworker would proceed to gain Custody of your Grandchildren the easy way OUT.

Tell the Lawyers (WHAT is the Probable cause for handcuffing this man?) and I would not be surprised that the Lawyers will tell you that this is an UNLAWFUL Arrest. Because he wasn't charged in that process.

Tell the Lawyers everything about that day and I am sure CPS Worker would get in trouble for making a false claim/report to the Police.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:48 pm

The kids Anger Management counselorsaid the anger
was normal? CPS will probably find a way to retaliate
against this person who didn't LIE for them.

Caseworkers ARE supposed to expect anger doing
what they do, but they commonly act like any anger
is misplaced. Heck they even commonly write up
things like "Mother distrusts CPS" as if that's a crime!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Also CPS Workers are capable to react in Anger. I have several CPS Workers jumping up and down like a maniac when they don't get their way. I told them, I won't speak unless with my Lawyer or an Interpreter. They just got really mad and jumped up and down, even squeezed their pens, and crumbles their paper and proceeded to their cars and called the Police! Yes I was also there when the Police was called. I specifically told the Police that my Right was simple, is for them to obtain an Interpreter because I do not understand their language and can't understand her. I later sued them for Human Rights Violations. Got about 2 Cases against CPS and 2 against the Police. Won One already. three still pending.

Maybe these CPS Workers should take Anger Management courses? do you recoken?

I say YES! :D

serroy

grandchildren / visitation today

Postby serroy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 pm

I'm writing from out of town. Today my wife and 19 yr old daughter were permitted to see our 3 yr old grandaughter and now 8 month old grandson. I joined the visit briefly by phone, and spoke to the 3 yr old. She sounded very different, formal, not herself. Not the free spirit we know. This is only our 2nd permitted visit since Dec 5, 2006 when they were taken to the shelter. Remember she and her 8 month old brother were removed from our house because my 17 year old son with whom my wife left the children to run an errand, tested positive for marijuana. He is now clean. At no time have the grandchildren been abused or neglected by anyone. I say that to emphasize that they have no reason to have pre-existing emotional problems.
According to my 19 year old daughter, during today's visit, my 3 yr old granddaughter appeared numb and unemotional. She looked different. She didn't display the strong will she has had in the past. She looked like she had been crying, yet, she was robotically reciting "one, two three; a-b-c", twinkle twinkle little star..." No coincidence that during the first visit I asked my grandaughter if they were teaching her the a-b-c's, counting, etc., and she said "no". All the while CPS workers were listening at the door and taking copious notes. After that first visit I complained to my Senator that the shelter was not providing any educational development.
My wife's observations at this 2nd visit were similar to my daughter's: My granddaughter's words seemed coached and rehearsed. This complete change in affect reflects a sharp contrast to the 1st visit during which she cried for 45 of the 60 minutes. It is as though in a few weeks she has become docile and complacent.

I have two questions: (1) Would the CPS shelter give her phsychotropic drugs to control her emotions during the visit?
(2) Is there a possible effect to being in tyhe shelter that causes children to lose their emotional ties?

IF YES, IS THERE REFERENCE MATERIAL I CAN STUDY AND PRESENT TO THE COURT THAT DEMONSTRATES MY GRANDAUGHTER'S BEING IN THE SHELTER WITH VERY LIMITED FAMILIAL VISITS COULD BE DAMAGING TO HER EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT?
I feel certain that somewhere there's data to demonstrate that institutionalizing people unnecessarily hinders their natural bonding and development. Im afraid im losing my grandaughter's heart.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm

I would recommend you to read the CPS Manual in your State, it will show about Pschytropic Drugs....

It states that the CPS Worker must ask for Permission from HER SUPERVISOR to release the Pschytropic Drugs to a Child. But It has been known that lots of Children in their care are probably drugged to keep them quiet and complacent.

Now I am not SURE if the permission that has been granted needs to notify the Parent that the child is "indeed" on drugs. It would be worth checking the CPS Manual just to be sure.

About Psch. and Emotional Damage, you can guarantee any Child that goes through there can be damaged. Who doesn't? Especially a Smaller Child would be more clingy than the older ones. If you take a Child out of the Home abruptly and it confuses the child and her/his comfort zone is gone. You can bet on that.

The question they need to be aware is this and it makes a valid point:

If you take a Goldfish or a Pet away from a small Child, would he or she be upset?

Of course.

Just like you would take a Mother away from the Child?

Of course it would damage their mental state.

We all know that any sudden withdrawls can cause a sudden mental state to change and possibly a pschychological one. If not repaired as soon as possible, they could be damaged for long term mental health issues such as "not trusting" in Relationships.

If you notice a Statement on the Front Page on left tab of FightCPS.com and you will see the pschylogical damage for 35 years and lots of People had mental issues years later after taken in and had came forward and sued CPS for its damage.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”