hello

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

MotherOf3

hello

Postby MotherOf3 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm

I have actually been browsing here since 2004, when my kids were taken during an emergency call for my husband heart attack. So from sept to dec. (got kids back in nov) we fought them. We won the case in the end and everything was "erased". My daughter is now 7 and tells me about this or that, that her foster mom did. Like sent her to bed without supper and made her baby sister sleep on the floor. Should I believe her? She was only 5.

Also recently my father girlfriend called CPS on me but that was an shut and close case. They came and they saw it was all a lie. At first I refused because my husband wasn't here and that is our rule in our household. They are not allowed in the house without him here. CPS Claims it was an anonymous phone call. But in Wyoming it states you can prosecute the person if the report was found to be false. Should I believe her? And how can I find out who made the phone call.

Thanks Allot guys :)

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Welcome to the board.

But in Wyoming it states you can prosecute the person if the report was found to be false. Should I believe her? And how can I find out who made the phone call.

If you are correct I think I might just move to Wyoming! I would have loved to prosecute the evil guidance counselor that falsely reported that my husband was domestically violent and sexually abusive. It was unfounded as were our other two investigations.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:37 pm

Motherof3. just to let you know I am a foster mom. What your child said could be true and it could not be true. Honestly I doubt if CPS would do anything about. I had one child tell her parents that I never feed her. I had to laugh when the social worker told me this as at my house we have set meal times and snack times. What I do is make the children earn their dessert after we clean up the dinner dishes. My rule is if you don't help clean up you don't get dessert. This little one hates to clean up so missed dessert a few times. She was with me a year, and I can count on one hand how many times she actually missed dessert! She learned quick. lol. As to the sleeping on the floor thing, Were they having a sleep over, or a special movie night? We are required to have beds for each child that comes into our home and that is inspected each and every month by the child's social worker.

Now on the other side, there are some horrible foster parents out there that foster for reasons other than their love for children and families. There are some that don't feed the children as is required. I have heard horror stories to tell you the truth. I myself have called CPS on these familes and very little ever gets resolved. It sickens me really.

My advice would be to focus on the child at home, don't question her about it just remind her that she is home now and you are sorry that happened,that she will never go to bed hungry in your home. I always try to give people the benifit of the doubt and keep an open mind. Children turn things around in their minds sometimes. Be glad that she was returned home to you in a short time and now she is with you and safe.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”