I feel so hopeless

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

bradfordjca

I feel so hopeless

Postby bradfordjca » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 pm

Reading these posts on here make me feel a little silly because some of them are so awful and my situation is relatively minor, I guess, but it doesn't seem minor to me. We moved into this neighborhood three years ago and we've had two times when people have called cps on us. Both times were about my little girl. The most recent time my husband was the one watching the kids (we have three) and he was in the front yard, she was in the back yard (for less than 5 minutes alone) and she ran four houses down to chase a cat and somebody called cps. They came to the house today and talked to us and my husband had to take the other kids to the office when they got out of school. I have been weeping and crying all day, I'm so distraught. She was just running through the back yards and he was trying to help our son who had dirt in his eye. We are human, we make mistakes, but we try so HARD to be good parents and one mistake and this happens. What makes people feel the need to stick their nose into other people's business? I feel so hopeless, I can't possibly be good enough. Sorry, news flash: I am not perfect! What's the use in trying? I feel like giving up. I feel like it would help me so much to have somebody who knows what I'm going through. I used to think only bad people got cps called on them. Well, I don't think I'm a bad parent, and my husband isn't either. I feel so hopeless.

Enchanted*Forester

You are NOT a bad parent. None of us are...

Postby Enchanted*Forester » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:10 pm

There used to be a time when kids ran through the neighborhood and those who live around us watched after them. It was like an unwritten law. When I was growing up in the 70's, I was 5 years old and outside at daybreak and in just before dark and no one was calling the cops or government agencies to report my parents because there was nothing wrong with it. Something happend along the way that made it wrong and it's hurting those of us who are raising our kids the way we were raised, with courage and independance. Don't beat yourself up over this and don't turn your back for a second! Once you're in their sights you'll never be truely free. I thought I had nothing to fear because I did nothing wrong and I lost my then four year old for 9 months to foster care! I hope you begin to feel better about your situation. You and your husband are good parents. There are just bad people out there.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away...

justina78

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

Postby justina78 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:47 pm

WE WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH MY SON HE SAW A CAT AND RAN AFTER IT. THE POLICE GOT CALLED AND THEY TOLD ME IF HE DID IT AGAIN THEY WOULD HAVE CPS COME OUT AND TAKE THE KIDS AWAY. IT HAPPENS WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:05 pm

Welcome to the site

my situation is relatively minor, I guess, but it doesn't seem minor to me.

Don't treat it as "relatively minor".. There have been cases just like yours that just because the parents admitted the child was "gone" for a few minutes, CPS declared the case "founded" soley on the parents admission..

It's called "supervision neglect"... It can get your names put on the abuse registry and turn your world upside down.. Never admit anything to CPS
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”