New here

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:10 pm

I reread why they were removed.

Did they have a court order when they removed them?

Are you getting supervised visitations or any regular visitations?

Has cps said if the goal is reunification?

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:59 pm

My daughters were removed because my fiancee's brother told the police I was beating my girls. And since she ( my oldest daughter Alex 6 at the time) had 2 bumps on her head and I couldnt prove it was her bike that did it.. And not me.. The police called DSS and DSS removed them from me that night. Jan 27th.
I have never been to court.. I signed something that stated I wouldnt spank my girls as well as something that stated they could get here medical records.. which they never did.
My case was indicated because the state of SC was prosecuting me criminally for cruelty to children. On April 17th my case was dismissed by the officers. But that doesnt change the fact that it is indicated in DSS's eyes.

I was told by my lawyer that worst thing that would happen is that the state of SC would try to get me for kidnapping.. (I have legal custody according to DSS.. ) They never took me to court at all. Yet they are sitting pretty with my girls.. On the 27th they will be gone for 5 months.

I am suppose to go to a meeting to "reunite" my daughters and myself.. If they give them back to me that would be great.. I would still be sueing them for the abuse they have caused me and my daughters..

Also the caseworker was suppose to come by my house yesterday to take pics of my house. She never called / never showed up. Today I recieved a call from her saying she would be by sometime next week.. BUT guess who shows up at my door around 2 pm? DSS! They took the pics they wanted. Opened the fridge and cabients.. what now they will say I dont have enough food? I mean there is enough for the 2 ppl that leave here.. I wonder what that is going to turn into.. I mean she lied to me on the phone.. maybe she expected to find my house trashed. Which it wasnt. *shakes head*

On Wednesday I went into there office and they had a treatment plan available for me to sign.. But I didnt sign it. The 1st thing it said on there as I pull Alexandra's hair as a form or discipline which I never stated to anyone. Even the police reports say I told DSS I use time out as a form of discipline! My case worker wrote refuse on the treatment plan.. *shrugs* I wasnt going to sign it with it saying that..

Also this is the letter I recieved via email from the York County DSS - the head person at that office..

Dear Ms. Beltran,

Ms. Judy Denning from Senator Wes Hayes' office forwarded your email to me concerning your children. I am the Director of the York County Department of Social Services and want to try to assist in resolving this matter.

I have staffed your situation with your worker, her supervisor, and the Program Coordinator. As you know, after we began our investigation into possible child abuse or neglect, you moved to Cleveland County NC. However, your children were placed with a relative in Chester County. Cleveland County NC declined to assist in providing treatment services to you since your children are not in their state and we have had some difficulty ensuring that all treatment services that are needed are in place.

It is our understanding that Mr. Mock has completed 12 of the 26 week Domestic Violence Batterer's treatment program that he was court ordered to attend. Therefore, we have determined that a family meeting is necessary in order to discuss the transition of your children back to your home in the most efficient and safe manner. We will be inviting you and Mr. Mock as well as the children's alternative caregivers.

Your case worker will be in touch with you in the next few days to set up this meeting for one day next week.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”