Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ProudParents2

Postby ProudParents2 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:33 pm

Hey, My name is Andrea and my 2 kids..ages 2years and 7 months..were taken from me and my husband two months ago. The dumb doctors said that my son has Shaken Baby Syndrome. Which is totally not true. We would never ever shake a child. My son has been sick since he was born but no one would listen to us not even our primary care provider. We have found some other explanations that can mimic SBS. Right now we are trying to find a doctor that will listen to us and agree that something else could cause his symptoms. Funny thing is is that they did a skelatal xray on our daughter and supposidly it hasn't come back yet and its been 2 months since they did it. Well this is the majority of it...any help from people who experinced the same thing or something like it would be great. By the way im in Washington State.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed May 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Welcome to the site Andrea

When is your next courtdate?

Do you have a lawyer?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

ProudParents2

Postby ProudParents2 » Wed May 09, 2007 2:05 pm

We do have lawyers and our next trial date is on the 21st of this month.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed May 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Have you signed a caseplan or service plan with them?

Have they made any statements what they want you to do?

our next trial date is on the 21st of this month

Is it an Adjudication Hearing?
Disposition Hearing?
Review Hearing?
Status Hearing?

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

ProudParents2

Postby ProudParents2 » Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 pm

This is going to be our Fact Finding Trial ( i believe ). I have no idea what is really going on. I do know that we are trying to get funding from the state to help with getting an expert doctor to look at my son's medical record and take a look at him and do some tests to see if their is an underlyning illness. Get this though...the state is trying to hold it against us that we have not talked to the detectives..yet our lawyers told us not to talk to them the day after the kids got taken away and they know who our lawyers are and have yet to get ahold of the lawyers to talk to us. What is a case plan and service plan?? Is that the services that the state gave us to do in order for reunification??

florida999

Postby florida999 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:14 am

i totally understand about the doctors not listening. my first child had severe reflux. my primary doctor just kept telling me oh babies spit up bla bla bla. it took my daughter force vomiting all over thier office for them to finally say 'gee, maybe thier is something wrong with this baby'. anyways i got a new doctor after that. who had her tested for gastro reflux, which she had. and was put on special fourmula and medication. for the two months of her life though she had to deal with all this becuase the first doctor wouldnt listing. I would have gotten another doctor if yours wouldnt listen to you.

ProudParents2

listen to this...

Postby ProudParents2 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:01 am

It took my doctor as well, 2 months to diagnois my son with reflux. At first she was like well just thiken his formula. Didn't work. It then took 2 more months before she would put him on medicine. By then it wasn't long before we were in the hospital 3 times before the ER doctors would listen to us. Few days later we get blamed with shakeing him and my kids got taken away. :x

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”