Wow...Need more advice for Oregon

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Roni Shawn

Wow...Need more advice for Oregon

Postby Roni Shawn » Thu May 10, 2007 10:07 pm

Its been so long since I last went over the laws and such for Oregon. My sister is having a LOT of trouble with the ex: He is leaving the 14 yo boy alone in a motel room, days on end, no food, etc., Sister is afraid to say or do ANYTHING for fear that CPS will not beleive her once again (they do that crap to her all the time-tell her that her accusations are untrue). All this info is coming from the motel manager. She has been watching over my nephew for weeks now. The so called dad is so high on drugs that he has literally defacated his own bed and himself, DAILY. She has called the poilce on him numerous times. They dont do crap. This manager is going to call CPS in the morning (5-11-07) and let them know that she has kicked the dad out of the motel and that the police would be informed and arrest him upon him returning to the motel. ETC. ETC. I think she wants to keep my nephew. But he needs to be with family so that he isnt put all the way into the foster system. I would HATE that. I did tell my sis that I would take custody of him until CpS figured out what they wanted to do; whether it be investigating my sister and doing home studies, etc./ I would take him until then. Or however long it would take. Its nothing but constant drama. FOR REAL. Its either me and my babies or her and hers. And my mom said she is getting many of grey hairs from us. LOL. Go Figger. Anyway, any advice would be helpful, and any leads to ANY kind of legal help for my family and sis would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this lengthy letter. And thanks for your time in trying to help another member of this family here. We ARE family here.
Sincerely, Roni Shawn
God is my light...My Strength...My LIFE!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I thought CPS was created to help keep families together, not rip them apart!!!
Roni Shawn :)

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu May 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Hi Roni

Congrats on getting married :wink:

Sister is afraid to say or do ANYTHING for fear that CPS will not beleive her once again (they do that crap to her all the time-tell her that her accusations are untrue).

Why can't she just go pick him up?
Why would cps have to be involved?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri May 11, 2007 5:01 am

If you think CPS will get involved, run down to Juvenile Court real quick and ask the Clerk of the Court for the forms to file a petition for Guardianship. Let yours get on the books before CPS's does. I don't know what all you have been through, but this may be an idea to consider.

Roni Shawn

WELL....

Postby Roni Shawn » Sat May 12, 2007 10:35 am

My sister GOT CUSTODY! She has my nephew right now, as we speak! I guess the police found out that the dasd was using BIG TIME, and found them at a known crack house in Pendleton. WITH my nephew. The CPS MADE him sign papers stating that: 1. He LEAVES my sis and nephew ALONE for GOOD 2. He is NOT to abscond with Adam EVER again 3. He had to sign over PERMANTNET custody to my sis :) And if he does this, he will go to JAIL for a VERY LONG TIME. Sooooo.....The reason that CPS was involved was: They have been for 8 yrs. the dad absconded with my nephew when he was 6. He left for 2 weeks. On the 15th day, it was going to the Grand Jury,and he miraculously shows up with my nephew. But it was a FRIDAY, so he had to spend the wknd in jail. But that did NO good. The SOB went to a different county. He used what my sister had done to his pick up against her, and CPS believe HIM: that she was a danger to my nephew. You see, when he had kidnapped "Adam", my sister went to his pick up and beat thee living S**T out of it with a bat, the city police sitting there, watching her (kind of comical in a way). But she ended up with misimeanor charges (was going to be a class a felony). CPS has used that against "sis" ever since. That was oh, prolly well 8 yrs ago. He's 14 now. So my sister has had to sit back and WATCH her son get abused. She has had to sit back and see the NEGLECT. Etc. There was NOTHING she could do, cuz CPS wouldnt believe her. FINALLY they do. It paid off, for her to just take it one dat at a time. I told her that "Mark" would get his. And he did. FINALLY! I am so happy for her! So that is it in a nut shell. That is the main reason CPS was involved. And they will be for another 30 day assessment. So, any advice on THAT? I was planning on telling her to tell the CPS that SHE HERSELF, would go get some counselling, and anything else that would be necessary to take care of "Adam". That way she isnt involved with them anymore, and doesnt have to open a voluntary case, and they nail her again--they would find SOMETHING to take the boy. Thats what happened to me. So, if I seem scatter-brained, I AM :o I am just very happy, and there is so much to say right now.

:P MARINA--GOOD DAD-- 8)
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it very much. Any help would still be welcomed from ANYONE.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat May 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Congratulations, that is something I want to hear one plus story that ends up happy ending. Cheers me up when I hear family getting back together. That's what it should be.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Roni Shawn

Postby Roni Shawn » Sat May 12, 2007 7:20 pm

THANKS! I saw my nephew and sis today. She was pretty happy, but still in shock I think. She is still afraid that it will still blow up in her face; that the piece of crap will win again; it's just a matter of time. It DOES always go his way. But NOT THIS TIME. He is NOT going to win this battle. Its over. Any words to assure her that it's ok? Its ok to be happy? And that he will NOT get Adam back this time? I may not have the right words to tell her, to reassure her.
Happy Mother's Day to all of us momma's out there.....

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”