The KKK took our babies away

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Stitchwitch D

The KKK took our babies away

Postby Stitchwitch D » Wed May 23, 2007 9:32 pm

We have a four year old son, and a two year old daughter.
DHS first came into our lives in September 2003, when our home was burglarized and we were dumb enough to call the cops before cleaning the house. There were a few surprise inspections after that, then the case was dropped.

Then in December 2004, I was in the hospital having just given birth when my father (major anal-retentive OCD neat freak) made comments in front of the nurses that gave them the (completely false) impression that there was animal feces and knives all over the floor in our home. There were more inspections, but the case was dropped again.

In November 2005, a neighbor called the cops because my husband and I were yelling at each other. The place was a mess when they showed up, and the kids were sent to my MIL's for a few days while we did some serious cleaning.

After that, we got assigned a case worker to drop in at random times, make sure the house was clean and generally nit-pick and tell us how to raise our children. DHS also wanted us to put the kids in "protective" daycare. We did, and I got a job working fairly long hours. Then my husband lost his driver's license, and with my work schedule, I couldn't drive the kids to daycare, so my husband ended up staying home with the kids, and housekeeping started slipping.

In December 2006, we got into a fight and he physically assulted me in front of the children. I called the police, and they didn't seem to care about the assault so much as the fact that the house was a mess. The children were once again sent to stay with my MIL, and we got the house cleaned up.

This time, CPS decided to declare our children to be "in need of assistance". We worked to get the problems under control, went into marriage counseling, kept up with the housework, took parenting classes, and got the kids into "protective" daycare

Before anything could be decided in court, I made a horrible mistake: a thread rack for sewing fell off the wall onto my head, I heard my husband laugh, thought he was laughing at me, and on impulse I deflected it so it hit him instead. He physically retaliated, I went to a friend's house to calm down, and he called the cops. I was arrested, but not charged; of course, a CPS worker had to come investigate, and even though the house was pretty clean, she found some things to gripe about: for example, the dish rack was in the sink, full of clean dishes, so she took a glance, saw dishes in the sink and claimed the sink was overflowing with almost a week's worth of dirty dishes.

The next day, there was a meeting which I was unable to attend since I had to work, and it was decided that to keep the children safe, I needed to move out of the home, and that my husband and I were never to be alone together with the children, even to pick up/drop off in the driveway, we had to be supervised by a third party. I found this very insulting; while we had problems with domestic violence, it had never erupted without warning, and we could certainly handle being around each other for a few minutes to load the kids into the car.

Under this "safety plan", I brought the kids over to the place I was staying for a little while most afternoons, and our four year old quickly decided that was his favorite place and started trying to run away to go there (about 12 blocks away). We would catch him before he got far, so he started getting sneaky. He hasn't been officially diagnosed (we've been working on that), but we strongly suspect he is autistic. He's very smart in some ways, and knows how to cross streets. He's very independant, and seems to have no fear of almost anything.

On Monday, I was dropping our son off, with a friend sitting in the vehicle to "supervise". I got out to talk to my husband. My friend saw our son get out of the vehicle, but thought we were both watching him. My husband saw him get out, but thought he was playing in the sandbox and that I could see him. I thought the boy was still sitting in the vehicle. By the time we realized that none of us could see him, he was nowhere in sight. My husband started looking on foot, I started driving around, and we stopped to ask people if they'd seen a little boy with a shaved head. I saw a police car, but didn't see my son, and didn't want police/CPS attention to be drawn to the escape attempt. I drove around for 20 minutes or so, then stopped at home. The police had brought him home.

Yesterday, CPS took the kids out of daycare and put them in foster care.

They claimed our son hadn't been supervised. They claimed our children were in "imminent risk of danger or death". They said that we hadn't tried to look for him when he ran away, despite numerous witnesses who we talked to while looking. They even claimed that I had stayed the night with my husband, when I'd actually left as soon as I found out my son was home, and stayed with my friends all night.

From what I understand, now they have 20 days to collect information. Meanwhile, our worker has told us she wants the kids back with us, but this is out of her control. We're making arrangements to meet with the CPS worker who made the decision to take the kids, and try to see what they want us to do so we can get the kids back. We're hoping to be able to see the kids, but I'm really scared.

mom2boys

Postby mom2boys » Wed May 23, 2007 11:29 pm

Hello, I truly am sorry for your pain. I dont know what advise to offer, but I'm sure someone will have insight shortly. I can say, hang in there and fight with all you got. Never give up on them, let them know every step of the way your doing all you can.

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Thu May 24, 2007 6:41 am

I have no advice really... all I know is not to trust them. My son J has been gone 8 months now and they said it would only be 2 weeks. They now have him so messed up in the head and everything it's a nightmare when we get visitations. They allow him contact with his bio mom that caused the initial problem and he will antagonize his full blooded sister with it.

Sorry. I'm moody.

Get everything you can in writing. Do you have visits yet? As soon as you do set up a doctors appointment with your son and tell them you believe he is autistic and want him tested. (Neurological doctor, you may need pediatrician or family doctor for the referral provided you have insurance) Also go back to the people you talked to with a Paper pre written stating you were looking for your son on such and such date and made contact with them. You need their full name address and phone number.

Also, the friend that was with you, bring her/him to court at the hearing.

The key is documentation and proof. Oh and if the autistic is already been suspected, get that documented. It can go both ways as to help or hurt, but if it is documented it will show you are trying to include everything.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm

After the kids were taken, my husband went around the neighborhood handing out fliers to people we'd talked to while searching, which explained the situation and gave the number for DHS and said to call and tell them if they remembered talking to either of us.

Today, we asked why our daughter was taken when the current problem was our son's escape attempt, since our daughter has never tried to run off from us. They said it was because we'd had 3 assessments in under 6 months. Apparently it didn't matter that they were all for different reasons, or that we'd dealt with the previous problems.

I also posted on a Asperger's/High-functioning autism board for advice on dealing with escape artists, so we can tell CPS how we intend to deal with this problem. My son had a preliminary evaluation last week by a psychiatrist specializing in autism, and she gave us a diagnostic checklist for me, my husband, my son's teacher and his speech therapist to fill out. He has a follow-up appointment in a few weeks.

My husband is very upset that the kids have been separated. From what our worker told me, the home our son has been placed in has another child with similar special needs, so it was felt they'd be able to handle him. I'm assuming they didn't have room for our daughter as well.

Today, the assessment worker who took the kids asked me to bring some clothes for them. It will be good for them to have their own stuff. I sewed many of my son's shirts, frequently at his request (Mommy, make me a dinosaur shirt!). I do plan to write their names in anything I hand over to CPS, and I'm a bit worried about getting it back/having it stay with them.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu May 24, 2007 3:42 pm

As far as escape artists. Thats not really limited to aspergers/autism. Thats a kid! My aspie son never tried any of that but my ADHD son has, and to curb it I put hook and eye latches at the top of the doors and (CPS would probably have a hey day with this but there was one on the outside of thier bedroom door as well when they were toddlers to prevent them from getting into things they shouldnt at night, and I had them on every door in my house acutally...)

Now you can purchase alarms that will go off when a door is opened if you have the money for that.

At one place we lived when they were just getting out of thier cribs we turned the doorknob backwards so the push button lock was on the outside of the bedroom door. (We lived in a 3rd floor condo, so it had to be done since the landlord refused to let me add any more locks to the front door or the sliding glass door. Like I said I wouldnt advise doing that since CPS would just LOVE to get ahold of something like that. But try the hook and eye latches or the alarms or even adding some deadbolts higher up or the sliding bolt latches at the tip top of the door. Even if he got a chair, he wouldnt be able to manuver it to get it open.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Thu May 24, 2007 7:26 pm

We've tried hook & eye latches, but he figured out how to use a broom handle to reach up and undo it.

I think alarms are our best bet- a friend of mine uses them because her daughter has special needs and would get up in the middle of the night and get into mischief.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu May 24, 2007 8:05 pm

From what I understand, now they have 20 days to collect information. .

I don't know what state your in but usually they have a hearing in the first 24 or 72 hours to explain to the court why they took the kids.
Meanwhile, our worker has told us she wants the kids back with us, but this is out of her control. We're making arrangements to meet with the CPS worker who made the decision to take the kids,

Be careful of what you say to the "helping" caseworker.. They are gathering evidence to use against you

They said it was because we'd had 3 assessments in under 6 months. Apparently it didn't matter that they were all for different reasons, or that we'd dealt with the previous problems.

3 assessments in 6 months alone probably gave you about 15 points to start with on the risk assessment sheet.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

florida999

Postby florida999 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:04 pm

our children were taken for domestic violence as well, but to be honest, ours was a one time incident (no prior documented dv), and we also had never been involved with dcf before that. when the police came to the house, it was pretty clean. and since I had about a 24 hour head start before dcf was going to come the house was immaculate by then. to be honest what the are doing to you sounds about the same they did to us. we couldnt be together with the kids either-we lost our kids for three months, but beside the one dv charge-which was dropped, they didnt really have anything else, they tried the of he uses drugs approach-but he passed every test. it funny really our case went from a DV case to begin with, but when dcf realized they were not going to get anywhere with that, they turned it into a drug abuse case. after the first month our so, they never even talked about the DV. (my husband smoked pot, thats it). which he stopped the day scf came to our door. I would suggest on your own you and your husband get some type of counciling. that what we did and the judge looked very favorably upon it. you got to face it, I was mad as hell at first too- but it was our behavior that brought them into our lives.im not saying to bow down to dcf demands, not at all. but to own some resposiblity. in my experience, you have a much better chance with the judge, so let him/her know that you are taking steps to fix the problems. we were so mad at first that we didnt do anything for about a month. we had the attitude were not going to do anything, ect. if we would have started our classes sooner, we probably weould have got our kids back sooner.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Sat May 26, 2007 5:16 pm

We talked to the CPS assessment worker yesterday, and she said the main things that needed to happen before we could get the kids back were keeping the house clean and for my husband to GET A JOB.

We live in a very old house that hasn't been kept in very good shape, and many of the problems with cleaning have actually been more with the house- like they'd think the carpet was dirty, when actually it was so badly stained that no amount of cleaning made it look good, or they'd think the toilet was filthy, when actually it had many years worth of hardwater build-up that couldn't be scrubbed off, just chipped at. They had a problem with the walls because the kids had colored on them, but I saw the chipping lead paint as a much bigger problem. So, I've wanted to move to a better place for a long time, but we've struggled to pay rent here. If we moved to a bigger place with more storage so we had places to put stuff away, and where various surfaces actually looked clean when we got done cleaning them, I don't think cleaning would be an issue anymore.

I'd estimate that 99% of our fights have been related to money or cleaning. I'd ask him to get a job. He wouldn't. I'd ask again and again and again, and finally end up screaming "GET A F***ING JOB! YOU NEED TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN!" as if that would do any good. I know he needs training to get a better job, so I took him over to the community college and got him to apply, and I filled out his financial aid papers except for the tax information but it's been a couple weeks and he's been "too busy".

So, it seems the real issue is money, which would be solved if my husband got a job. I've got a job already, but scheduling around all the counseling sessions and court dates is already tricky, so I'm going to get a 3rd shift job so I can work 60 hours a week and still do everything else I'm supposed to do.

Since his FIP was cut when the kids were taken, we're not going to be able to pay rent this month, and we've decided to put our stuff in storage and stay with friends for a month so we can work our butts off, save money up, and have a better home for the kids to come back to.

So, we've got a lot to keep us busy, but all I can think about is where the kids are. I could deal with them not living with me, if I could at least see them everyday and know where they are and that they're alright. I miss them so much. I keep wondering if there is a way to find out where they are, or be able to at least talk on the phone everyday.

We have a visitation set up Wednesday (it took 3 days to schedule it, and by then it was Friday, and the facilitator gets weekends off.)
We had to sign a VERY INSULTING paper saying we understood that a visit would be canceled if we showed up drunk or high, or if we beat our kids during a visit. ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!

We don't have a problem with drugs or drinking. We never ever beat our kids. Once in a great while they've gotten a spanking for doing something that put them in immediate danger, like running out in the street, or a slap on the hand for trying to touch the stove after being told "NO! HOT!". We kept our kids clean, fed, clothed and read to, took our son to various appointments for his special needs and have been very involved in his IEP. I sewed many of their clothes, especially my son's shirts.

Our big problem is that we're poor because my husband is unemployed. I know it'll be easier to fix this problem with the kids in foster care, so I can accept that. We're not a threat to our children, and we're going to do what is best for them, so why treat us like we're a couple of child-beating drug addicts?

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sat May 26, 2007 5:37 pm

you sound like your one the right track, our problems were alot like yours, we faught about money all the time, except we both work he makes great money......he just spends it like we have a tree growing in the back yard were you can just pick it off of. i have to admit, he changed alot after our children were taken. sometimes it takes an event like this to finally wake up. so maybe something good will come from all this.

You say he had no job. well I think he should at least get A JOB before he starts looking for a better job. a job at walmart is A JOB. you shouldnt have to do all this by yourself, do you really want to????? after my children were taken it was like o.k. shit or get off the pot. enough is enough, either work with me or get the hell out. and I meant it. if after this your husband is still going to sit around maybe it is time to start thinking about going it alone. good luck with everything.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat May 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Did you have a Lawyer to look over the paper work before you sign? Do you have a Lawyer to make sure you will get your kids back home?

Also that's what CPS wants you to be portrayed, both of you. You know the truth. You need to correct it with Objections and Correction Form sheet to correct that error. Objections and Correction form sheet can be found on Research Board.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Sat May 26, 2007 11:47 pm

We've been assigned lawyers, but waiting until the lawyer can be there means delaying visitation, and waiting a week is already was too long.

My husband wants to get UA's done to prove we don't do drugs, just in case they try to accuse us.

I'm going nuts since nothing can be done over the weekend, and I don't know where my babies are. I'm glad I had to work today and I work tomorrow, so at least I'm busy and can't have a total breakdown.

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sun May 27, 2007 4:00 am

get the u.a. done IF they are accusing you of doing drugs. dont let them know you are doing them, give the results to you attorney, and let him present them in court. try to do them weekly.

layla

Postby layla » Sun May 27, 2007 6:55 am

I understand how upsetting the process can be,

and it is a most awful thing to lose ones children. Its like a nightmare, I know.

I am a person that strongly believes in the connection of children with their parents, especially the importance of a connection with their mother.

It is not something that should be taken away lightly (even worst when its on false information or descrimination)

and maximum effort should always be made to put the children back with their parents.

I have a lot of stuff going around in my head at the moment with various things, but when my head is cleared a bit I will try to go over in detail in my mind what you have said. Your story sounds very complicated!

I can't provide professional advice, I am not an expert but everyone is welcome to put their stories on here so that perhaps a larger view of things can be shown.
Good luck with things, i too know what it's like to have children removed and worse over the weekend, mine have been removed now for nearly 6 months, and i barley get sleep of 5 hours a night and i'am sick and i'am sick of worry ect.... we go to court july 17th to contest the order

i just wanted to wish you well and say look after yourelf

and work for your babies never give up...
i feel like it sometimes but then i see my babies face...

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun May 27, 2007 2:04 pm

Just out of curiosity ...

If your husband isnt working and is too busy to look for a job and go to school, what the hell IS he doing? Because he sure as shit isnt helping your case with CPS by doing nothing. They can and WILL use that against you in trying to get your children returned.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Sun May 27, 2007 5:47 pm

Momoffor wrote:Just out of curiosity ...

If your husband isnt working and is too busy to look for a job and go to school, what the hell IS he doing? Because he sure as shit isnt helping your case with CPS by doing nothing. They can and WILL use that against you in trying to get your children returned.

I'm not entirely sure. From what I can tell, he does spend some time everyday cleaning, and he has gone to all the appointments he's been supposed to. His big complaint about what's eating up his time is surprise visits from CPS, although that's just a half-hour here and a half-hour there, and if they show up and no one is home, they'll just come some other time.

He spends a lot of time online, mostly looking at RPG or wrestling sites, or getting involved with online community psychodramas.
I spend a lot of time online too, but lately it's been mostly to find out everything I can about foster care/CPS from every possible point of view, and to look for jobs, and keep in contact with supportive friends and family. He also spends a few hours each day playing Xbox, although he claims to have cut down, and points out that I have hobbies too, like sewing clothes for the kids.

I've tried to get him to keep track of his time, but it reminds me of the struggles my friend has with keeping her 12 yr old with ADD on task with doing her chores and homework.

layla

Postby layla » Sun May 27, 2007 7:43 pm

i don't know what to say but i would suggest that you are online searching about the cps/fostercare systems to get your children HOME we're they should be,

And he needs to cut his life free of pysco drama's from the wrestling and games site and xbox and put the children FIRST as they are more inporant and the sites and game will be their later you get other chances at them not when it trying too save your children,

But if he needs to be online search for the INPORTant STUFF ABOUT FOSTERCARE AND THE SYSTEM forget about his little computer game world and make sure his arse is looking for a job.

i know how they can be they just need a reality check mine is/was like that at times., its a man thing if he doesn't show him what is at stake if he doesn't and theiir won't be another chance.

i think you are doing fine, it great you have support from loved ones, and this site is good too... it's comforted me as well..

layla

florida999

Postby florida999 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:30 pm

he actually compared sewing your children's clothes to his xbox hobby? boy, this guy is really for himself isnt he. i realize that you probably love this guy and dont want to hear all of us bash him, but you are going to have to realize that he will be a weight around your neck when it comes to getting you kids back. i really hope that this gives him a kick in the butt and he realizes its time to grow up and be a father. if he doesnt, kick his but to the curb.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Mon May 28, 2007 3:18 pm

It's okay, I'm pretty pissed at him myself, and trying to be civil because I know we can't waste time or energy on fighting when we need to get the kids back. We're both upset and missing the kids, we're just dealing with it differently- he seems to be trying to distract himself, I'm focused getting the kids back and don't see much point in doing anything that won't help get the kids back. I've been labeling and making inventories of the kids' clothes and some favorite toys to send, and put together little flip books of photos for both kids. I also made a few new t-shirts for my son, with images ironed-on of things he really likes (Teen Titans, Corpse Bride and a depiction of a marine scene from the Cambrian explosion) that are difficult/impossible to find on kids' clothing.

My husband's mother seems to think she has a chance to get the kids. He had been pushing for that, but they got in an arguement today because she keeps insisting our son is not autistic, and seems to insinuate that the reason he acts like he does and has a speech delay is just that we're crappy parents. We've had him in speech therapy for almost 3 years, and have been very involved with getting him an accurate diagnosis and planning his IEP. I've been doing lots of research on autism and Asperger's, and much of my time online has been in comparing notes with other parents of special needs kids to find out how to deal with his issues.

Based on my MIL's attitude about my son's special needs, her history of being extremely negative and judgemental of me, and the fact that she seems to be encouraging my husband to blame me for everything that has gone wrong with our family, I don't want her taking care of the kids. I discussed it with our daycare provider, and she thinks I've got a much better chance of being able to see the kids regularly if they are with a local foster family.
My MIL doesn't seem to understand this, and has said she'll be at court on Thursday. She lives 75 miles away, and I'm trying to decide whether I should give her a clue so she won't waste the gas.

florida999

Postby florida999 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:13 pm

I would not want me children with her either. she is blaming you for the problems? she should be giving her son a good kick in the pants. how she can just sit there when he doesnt work and plays video games all day lobg and she thinks thats o.k.? she is the last person I would want with my kids. when you go to court and she shows up, just tell the judge thta the distance between the two of you is too great, and would interfer with the parent child bond.

layla

Postby layla » Mon May 28, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi there

I know that we are all deal with things 'very diffrently' and i know how the husband/ partner all can be 'knobs' but they deal with it diffrently....

but i just want to wish you well we all know what its like to loose a child somewhere some how... these people clearly have no heart or soul left for reguards to others

instead of 'whgen in doubt let remove' how about some drop in centre to promote keeping families together.

i hope you and your partner get through these tough times
as you don't need this 'stress' from mother in law tell her to 'but out'

hope you are okay...

Layla

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Tue May 29, 2007 11:43 am

I have the same problem with cleaning that you do. We live in a mobile home that has the weirdest floor plan. Our living room is a combination living/computer/bedroom/school room and is always a struggle to keep clean. the mobile is a handy mans special and since my husband is disabled he cannot do the repairs. We are hoping to get him approved for disability in September so we can move out of state and buy a house. We have very little storage space here.

We are dying for a place with a den and four bedrooms that is cheap and in good condition with more square footage. Here we have 1400 square feet but due to the weird floor plan it feels like much less.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Wed May 30, 2007 4:39 pm

The visitation today went well. I gave the kids bags of stuff, including photo albums, and notes to the foster parents with our phone number and email. I emailed copies of the letters to our case worker and she said "I think that this is very appropriate and will be very helpful. I thank you for putting so much consideration in your letters and think that this will assist the foster parents very much." (I got the idea reading through a forum for foster parents; some of their comments about birth parents in general were upsetting, but getting insight into their points of view was valuable, and when I posted to ask advice in establishing a positive relationship with the people taking care of my kids, they were very helpful and supportive.)

I've also been doing my research, and found a study of ER visits for injuries suspected to have been caused by abuse. It found no correlation between the severity of the injuries and whether the child was removed, but did find a strong correlation between the parent's income and CPS seizing the children.

florida999

Postby florida999 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:12 am

I agree with the concept of income. my mother works for an orthopedic surgeon, and I asked her about spiral injuries and suspected child abuse. to my surprise, they have never called in a case of suspected child abuse, and they see these type of fractures every day. I guess if you have insurance and can see a private doctor, they dont automatically assume the way the er doc's do. lets face it, if you dont have insurance...chances are you dont have the money to see a private doctor. and I think the er doctors are just mindsetted into thinking every case is child abuse. you know the thing is an er doctor is NOT a specialist in fractures. and fractures probably only make up maybe 2 percent of the overall cases they see. but they call in cps? a surgeon that specializes sees 100 percent of these cases and doesnt? whats wrong with this picture?

Stitchwitch D

Postby Stitchwitch D » Thu May 31, 2007 4:05 pm

Court was supposed to start at 3, but they were running late so all there was time for today was the CPS assessment worker's testimony. My husband's lawyer told us that the judge usually went along with CPS recomendations.

The CPS assessment worker claimed that part of the reason the kids were taken was that she didn't think my friend was there when Vlad ran off, but she admitted to making NO effort to talk to my friend.

She claimed that the conditions in our house had not improved since December, but admitted she never saw the house until April. She grossly exaggerated- I had been in a hurry to get to a counseling appointment, and hadn't cleared the table after lunch, she made it sound like there was rotting food everywhere.

She said she'd seen Vlad on Friday and that he was "happy, healthy and well-dressed". That comment really pissed me off- he's always been happy, healthy and well-dressed. I make most of his shirts, he has tons of cute clothes. Of course, she'd seen him ONCE before she stole him, and he had been asleep that time.

She did admit that I've done a good job of doing everything CPS asked me to do.

She claimed that young children need constant supervision, that 2-3 minutes is too long to leave a child unsupervised. She said she has 4 kids of her own. Apparently, she expects us to believe that she never left her kids alone for 3 minutes while she went to the bathroom. She also said that the fact that my friend and my husband were there didn't excuse me taking my eyes off of Vlad, as if EVERY parent doesn't relax a bit in their vigilance when multiple trustworthy adults are present.

She made a big deal about the fact that we didn't call the cops, and I didn't stop when I saw the cops to tell them Vlad was missing. (Of course, I didn't trust the cops because I knew they'd contact CPS, and I do not trust CPS, so basically CPS doesn't trust me with my children because I don't trust them with my children.)

She implied that we needed education on how to be good parents- we already have taken 3 parenting classes, I guess they just weren't enough to turn me into a hyper-vigilant, iron-bladdered, perfect super-mother like the CPS assessment worker.

So, nothing was decided today, we've got court again at 1:30 on the 6th and then more time at 3:30 the same day. My husband's mother, sister and brother were there, and she'd hired a lawyer to try to get custody of the kids. I'm going to call my dad tonight and tell him we could really use his help, and that making my husband look bad to DHS just makes it worse for us. I'm encouraging my husband to contact his mother and tell her not to waste money on that lawyer, that if she EVER wants to lay eyes on the kids again she needs to help us get them away from CPS.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”