Need advise

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

debbiescalese

Need advise

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:32 pm

I posted here the last time and I'm not sure where to post this exactly so I put it back on this board. Here is my current problem: I just had a visit from the social worker again. Every time she comes I'm more aggrivated than the last and I catch her in lie after lie every time but she "explains" her way out of it as usual. So This time I asked why are my 4 kids on the petition when in the three investigations the other 2 kids (my boyfriends kids) are the only ones listed and why does the petition state something was substantiated when I have a letter stating it wasn't? Her answer was those are just computer generated papers that are very general and don't really mean anything. She said that "all" the kids in the house are at risk and that the reason why the first one was not saying it happend was because another simular complaint was filed so they just went with the other complaint. Well that second complaint didn't come in till after that letter went out 2 months later in fact so what does one have to do with the other? Then she stated that my daughters psychological exam came back and it was "disturbing" I asked her what that meant. This is what she said "Your husband (by the way he died in 2004 so he can't defend himself great target) molested your daughter" Now back when this child was in kindergarten she stated to her teacher that "daddy suck a broom up my butt" in reality what happend was she was in the kitchen running through the pile that he was sweeping up and he yelled" run through that again and I'll shove this broom up your butt" He didn't do it just yelled it but any way at that time I took her to the dr and the dr said it couldn't have happend there would be scaring. then she went into therapy and the therapist said she didn't think it happened and the CPS worker who came out said she wouldn't be acting like that around her dad if it had happened and closed the case as unfounded never heard anything about it again till now. Now I have also had this kid in therapy for the last year and a half this therapist stated that she didn't think this child had been touched or that she was touching others. So that is 2 therapist, a dr, and a social worker that apparently lied to me? What I think is fishy is that this person who I took my daughter to for the psychological was recommended by them and I was told she was the only person in the area that did this type of eval. Now when I was in this psychologists office there were other parents there 2 that I met and talked to were there because of CPS cases the other one was a foster parent with her foster child. Does CPS just tell this woman what to say and she writes it up? Not only that but she also wrote that the child seemed rehurst the only thing I said to my daughter about the whole thing was "just go in and tell the truth" and if this child was told what to say why would she have indicated to this woman that she had been abused if I was trying to keep her from saying it? Was she rehurst maybe because she wasn't saying what this woman wanted her or needed her to say because maybe it didn't happen?
Now also this woman told me that if I didn't agree to the petition that she would put my kids in foster care and that included the baby who is 6 mos old and wasn't even born when this case was opened hell he wasn't even born when the petition was drawn up or served! So she basically just told me that I have to lie to keep my kids. Then she told me that she has never lost a case in court and that the judge does whatever she recommends.
I just a little while ago called the place I send my daughter to therapy and told them to search around to see if I could take this kid for a second opinion they responed they would and that it sounded "fishy" to them too. I live in North Central WV if anybody knows somebody who does this "sexual abuse evaluation" in this area could you pm me and give me that persons info. Also If indeed this woman has the judge in her back pocket as she is reporting to me who do I report this too? And If indeed CPS just tells this phycologist what to write and she does it who do I have invistigate this? And Who invistigates CPS when they screw up big time? Is there an agency that oversees it? I'm thinking FBI or someting because 1) she is using coorsion 2) she is conspiring with outside agency (the psycologist) 3) she is threating us with removal of the children if we don't "agree" to her terms 4) she is claiming the judge will do what ever she states. If the cops did something like that to catch a drug dealer would they have some issues to deal with how come its okay for CPS to do it.
You know what is kind of funny is that she was giving me this big lecture on "how the system works" and I said well then something needs to be changed big time and she said to me well you case isn't going to change anything. This just isn't the case to do it with.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:25 pm

So she basically just told me that I have to lie to keep my kids. Then she told me that she has never lost a case in court and that the judge does whatever she recommends.

Have you been tape recording??
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm

I tried but had technical difficulties and she was oh so good at her wording probably just bairly legal. Some of it you can hear but mostly is sounds jumbled I tried to put the recorder in the diaper bag next to me wasn't a good idea I'll be better prepaid the next time and since she seems to repeat the same things over and over again I'm sure I'll eventually nab her saying it.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 pm

What *exactly* does the petion stay that she is asking...I mean demanding you to sign?

If it makes you have to "admit" to things that you didn't do or things that are not true, I would not sign it. I don't think I'd sign it period.

It sounds like she is breaking the Color of the Law laws===which is where duress is used to get "compliance".....threats to remove your children & place them in fostercare IF you do not sign it.....that is against the law. Voluntary compliance is NOT voluntary if you do it out of fear of their threats & intimdation.

IF you do sign anything, write under your name or above it, "I am signing this out of duress. It is not voluntary."

Do you have a lawyer? YOU NEED ONE!

Get one & tell her all communication needs to be done through your lawyer.

Do you have health insurance? If so, use it to get another psych. eval. for your dd.

From what I've read, psych. evaluators & others that are HIRED by cps tend to write up reports that CPS want to hear & will like. They get LOTS of business via cps & want to keep them happy.

You need someone neutral.

I'd ask my lawyer to request a different judge be used based on her comments about how the judge always does what she wants.

She may well be bluffing you. Too much time has gone by for them to remove the other chidren under a "imminent danger" diagnosis.

They would have to go to court & prove there was a reason for the children to be removed...an imminent danger. You would be there proving your side. Have all of the drs., counselors, etc. that have worked with your dd testify.

I think you will be better off NOT compling & letting them take it to court, if they even do that.

I know it's scarey.

Keep us posted.

Also....about the tape recorder....strap it to your body or put it out somewhere but hidden. Better to have it on your body so that it's always where you and her are....in case ya'll go outside or into other rooms. You DEFINATELY need to be tape recording her.

Do you have a web came or camcorder you can turn on, but have hidden?

READ the cps manual for your state. KNOW IT!!!!! Tell them how they violate it & what the statues & laws state. In it you will find references to your states family code laws. Know the too. It is your best defense.

Also, see if you can get an advocdate somewhere.....someone to be there when cps is there, someone who has contact with you & your children on a regular basis & can testify in court for you.

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:51 am

Here is the federal child welfare site

http://www.childwelfare.gov/

Here are the state links

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... /index.cfm

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:28 am

my children have had a pyschosexual exam, it is a bunch of croc. i like you told my kids, speak up when asked a question and be honest. so then they accused me of "coaching". i was pissed and after months of all therapist and pyschologist telling the agency that i do not need parenting classes, there is nothing wrong with our home, this therapist said we tell our kids too much and we needed parenting classes to discuss boundaries and what to tell our children and how to keep them out of adult decisions. bs
i have also tried to find someone new for an evaluation, but there is not alot of people that do them in our area. they tried to force me to take parenting classes, i told them hell no, take me to the judge, i have taken foster care classes and i have copies of your reports that has said for 5 months i dont need them. so we compromised, i asked for family counceling and got it in my home on my time. unless you ordered by the judge or voluntarily sign a case plan, they can not force you. as far as removing your children, have them deemed them at risk. your husband has passed away, therefore "if" molestation had occurred, i dont think it will happen again.
you have to do what is right for your family, i think you have taken all the right steps. they can not use the fact that the child is not getting counceling, i think you have taken the right steps. i personally think she is just trying to force things on you to just to cover her ass. next time you sign something, sign your name and at the end add in quotes, "under distress". she may try to make you resign, but i would not, this way when it is brought to the court, they see how you felt. they will also be less likely to force your hand. just keep doing what you are doing, but start recording.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:25 pm

All the above posters are correct.

I would suggest you to get a private Psch. Doctor to do a new evaluation on your kids and yourself. I bet it will dispute theirs. (CAS ones). I think she is just bluffing because the father is no longer in the picture and there are no risk factors in all of this. She just want to make money by making you sign a service plan that is almost non-existant. I would not sign if there are no wrong doings on your part. Do NOT SIGN the papers UNTIL you CONSULT WITH YOUR LAWYER! Because if you do, you will be screwed for a long long time. You are looking at 6 months to 9 months, and possibly up to a Year of intrusions. Possibly for years and years.

That's what happened to me. It has been 8 years of intrusions and interference.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:51 am

this evaluation that is disturbing to the caseworker, you need to get a copy of it. you will have to get a discovery motion, but it will be well worth it. she is probably blowing smoke up your butt.
IMHO, you need to go in front of the judge, you need to rock thier boat. if you do not go in front of the judge it will only get worse. in most states, the acts of children acting out is not a crime. a judge knows this and cps does too. i know for a fact that when cps is told about foster children acting out sexually and forcing things on children they dont do anything. it happening to my children, i told them, they did nothing. i said it in court to the judge, she said it disturbed her but that it was not criminal. ha
what they are trying to do in my opinion is this, they are trying to blame yall for sexual abuse, they are trying to create a case against yall. they are trying to say that this child is acting out sexually therefore she is abused. it is called backwards diagnosis, a child who has been sexually abused has nightmares, this child has nightmares, therefore they have been sexually abused. they are trying to create a situation where one may not exist.
my daughter was touched, that's all it was by her halfbrother when she was 4. i was told that she was too young for therapy and that it would just make the situation worse unless we were open and honest with her about it. she has had no ill effects, she knows it was wrong and that she was right in telling. you are in a different situation, your daughter has gone through a tramatic event, her father died. children say stuff at 4, sometimes they repeat what they hear another child say, sometimes the say things that are taken out of context. up my butt, she may have meant hit my butt. i have heard a kid say douche bag, when he meant juice bag. if something has been wrong, they would have removed her there, right now they are just using a history against you. you may have to get ugly with her, you can force her to take you to the judge. i personally would do that, it worked for a family member of mine. she refused to even participate in the investigation, the judge ordered her to and she complied then but only then. if you are too nice, they walk all over you. i also learned that wrong way. i was told by so many people, i have made my case a high profile one becuase everyone is watching it. DO NOT THEM PUSH YOU INTO SOMETHING YOU DONT WANT TO DO. remember a caseplan is only good if it is feasiable to complete, if you can not complete it then it no good. cps handbook even states that.
hang in there.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Once you sign a service plan and did not complete it, Workers will make your life like hell telling the courts you did not complete or refused to complete the services, they are known to lie and fabricate. Or even worse, you already COMPLETED the Services then the one thing the Workers telling the Judge you didn't finish. That happened to several families. So it s important to have PROOF of COMPLETION. such as documents.
But first I would take the plan and take it to your Lawyer and have him read it and you tell him your story and whatever, ie: your husbad passing and so forth...then the Lawyer will tell you if you can do this or not.

I would not sign it. I signed 2 plans already and they are telling in their reports that I did not finish!!!! but I did. They are using the same plan against me. and would use this in Court if they have to making me look really bad. That's why it is important to have some form of document proof of such completion that had taken place. They are known to lie and Sexual Abuse Case is their favorite case to pursue. I wouldn't do anything with the Worker until I consult with my Lawyer first. That's your best defense right now. You would not want to sign that would enable you into their webs for 6 months, possibly up to A YEAR!!! :shock: Do you want them checking you out for a Year or maybe even years???? They keep on coming back for 8 years for me. That's how long it took and they keep on coming back for more. I think it is because I sign all those papers such as release form and consent forms and whatnots and the plans which enables them to come year after year.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:07 pm

here is a link to what a psychological can and cant do for you in court. i gave it to my attorney, you may want to read it.

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/psychevals.php

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:04 am

Okay this is what I've been doing the last few days. I got on the childwelfare.gov site and found sexual abuse and clicked the link for the phone numbers and address of places that deal with that there were many. I called this one organization called Stopitnow.com and spoke to one of the counslers. He said that chances are that if there was no evidence at the time that my late husband touched this child and there wasn't any physical, psychological, and CPS evidence and the case was closed chances are it didn't happen I also told him that the woman who made the report a teacher, that her husband had been molesting kids in her home and sending pictures of it through the mail and was convicted of this and is listed on the state police pervert site, all happend under her nose and she didn't know about it. Any way he said I did all I could at the time by getting this kid evaluated and if nothing turned up nothing was probably there. Then I told him that this case started in the family court over custody. He explained to me that if we can rule out logically that this child was molested that she is unlikely to have done this to another child. He said that leaves us with 2 other options 1) the other girl in question IS being molested but she is so afraid of the molester that she is blaiming the other child because she feels less threatend by her and this does happen. or 2) her mom is telling her to say this and convincing her that the other child did molest her to gain custody (my gut feeling) which is abuse as well. He gave me some other numbers and phone call after phone call (pretty much saying the same thing but giving me different resources) I finally got to a local child advocacy group in the neighboring county but the kids came home at that point so I have to wait till later to call. I don't want them to overhear anything. I was also told by several people in these calls that they can not threaten to take my kids when I have done all I did to find out if this is true. I made a "good faith effort" I was told to record her saying it which I tried but had technical difficulties, then take that and play it for the judge. the judge will not like the fact that she is walking around trying to get me to sign something I know is false and that she says he will do as the dept tells him to do that is judicially unethical and basically what she is saying is "I have the judge in my pocket" then I was told after playing it for the judge take it to the state police they may prosicute it. Today I'm calling the advocy place soon as I drop off the kids at the summer program. I'll keep you posted. I would love nothing more than to have this woman procicuted!

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:59 am

I just got off the phone with the therapist case worker that sees my daughter. I believe I just caught the social worker in lie number... ummm... oops I lost count again. That is not what this psychological exams says. She says it states that my daughter was molested by my husband and never received treatment so she is doing this to another child. What it really said is that there was an alligation called into cps that my daughter was molested it was invistigated and found untrue. She says it stated that my daughter was on large ammounts of "psychotrophic drugs" what it says is that my daughter was on zoloft for a short period of time, then they tried busbar, then another antidepressant/antianxiety drug. All for short periods of time then she was not medicated anymore. The social worker said she doesn't see the need for my child to be on medication the eval says she needs to be evaluated by the psychitrist to see if there is a need for medication. The case worker who oversees my daughters case says so far as her records here show she was not molested, is not molesting other and says she shows no need for medication so thier pshchitrist will evaluate her and in all likelyhood won't give her any meds if it isn't needed. Nice huh! Is this woman capable of telling the truth? How am I suppose to work with her if she keeps lieing to me like this? I mean come on This woman knows I have a BS in Biology, does she think I made it through 4 years of college and don't know how to use a search engine to look cps policy up??? She has seen my psych eval I have a 117 IQ I can't be that dumb! But maybe I can use the fact that she thinks I'm dumb to outsmart her. I have no intentions of informing her I know differently. She is suppose to be mailing me this eval on my daughter let see how long it take her to get it to me.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:28 am

debbie,

you need to get in front of the judge it will help you i think. you will probally have to refuse something and tell her if she wants anymore from your family she needs to take you in front of the judge. the only way you will continue this is if there is a court order forcing these services on you. she probably will not take it any further becuase it is a child on child accusation and there are questionable circumstances around the allegation. after talking to a few counselors myself, this is probably doing more damage than good for your child. children are impressionable. this is probably devestating to your child. i would probably state it like this:

after speaking to several therapist about this situation, i have decided not to participate in your investigation. my child is suffering from all the allegations. my family life is suffering and i will no longer add to my family's suffering by allowing your invasion into my home and life.

i would give her a revokation of signature and then send one out to all the doctor and/or people providing services, esp. the ones that i am paying for.

i would no longer accept any services from them. i think they are trying to say that your child is being molested by someone in your house. they are going to try to blame either you or you partner. you need to stop this now. of course, this is just my opinion. i just hate to see someone suffer. i hope it all gets better.

kat

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:04 am

This IS in front of the judge since Jan 12, 07. The problem is we had trouble with the councle we hired we payed him $1500 and he did nothing but make phone calls and file for a continuance for his messed up knee. He never appeared in court, never showed up at MDT meetings. We filed a complaint with the bar in WV and are waiting an answer. The judge orderd the supervised visits between my boyfriend and his daughter which are going well. He did not order the evals but we complied cause chances are he would have ordered them anyway. The judge did get a little ticked at CPS when he ordered the visits and CPS did not comply and it took a second trip to court to get them to do what the judge said. So this judge I don't think is really in thier pocket as they say. The next time we go to court is for the Adjudication hearing. CPS worker has claimed that we did not comply with the services because .... we had a safty plan meeting not what we were told that was what we were going to back in July of 06 and apparently there was another safty plan in place that we supposedly signed (I don't remember doing one before and have NO paper on it) so at this second one we were told it was just a meeting with all the parents of the kids involved to discuss the situation then we were told to sign a paper because we attended this meeting. CPS did not tell us anything except to supervise the kids when they were together. We signed the paper because we were present and were not told we didn't have to agree to it or sign it. When we hired the first lawyer he said "stop working with those idiots" and told us that they were just trying to get something on us. So I told the woman that we were told to stop contact with her. Anyway the big issue CPS has with us is 1) we won't believe my daughter molested this other child 2) we violated the safty plan 3) we won't have my daughter treated for something that she doen't have wrong with her. Conclusion unless we do these things all the kids my 5 will go to foster care and my parental rights will be terminated. And I agree a judge does need to look at this big time.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:19 am

They cannot remove the children unless they are in imminent danger of harm. The CPS must have a good reason and tell the Judge that the kids are being harmed and so forth. They don't have a good reason. They cannot remove the children just because you did not do the services, it is called extortion and coercion. It is against the law. Your Lawyer is right, stop working with them, and listen to your Lawyer because your Lawyer knows that CPS will do anything to get your children and use something against you.

I noticed that the Judge did not order evaluations. That is a good "plus" sign for you so you can't do what CPS tell you to do its evaluation because it is not court ordered. :wink: I think the Judge knows that CPS are grasping at straws. They have nothing at the end really. So hold on strong and listen to your Lawyer. I think both Judge and Lawyer is on your side right now as you described above.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:52 am

i have to disagree with frustrated, they can remove your children for speculation, they can force your boyfriend out of the house on specualtion. i have lived it and am still living it, it has been almost a year and my husband has supervised visitation with his children now, can not come home until a judge orders him home and is forced to live with statements like "if he did it" and "it is possible he is guilty". no hard facts, no criminal charges. they can make your life hell on "ifs" and with sexual abuse allegations all it takes is "ifs". there are no concrete way of disputing the allegations, no physcial evidence, so what, we have an explanation of that, no psychological symptons, we can remedy that with our doctors. they have ways around everything, the law, the constitution, common sense.

dont be surprised when they start pulling things out of the hat at ajudication, heresay is allowed. be prepared for them to accuse you and your boyfriend of it. i wasnt, but i learned fast. your past is your worst nightmare, i was raped at party, wow, i was drunk pasted out, woke up with some guy on top of me. so, therefore becuase i was raped, my daughter is at risk becuase victims of sexual abuse/rape have children who are sexually abused. bs, they havent seen me use a shot gun, someone should be more scared of me than my husband, i am psycho when it comes to my kids. all i am saying is that be prepared, you will be amazed of what they are allowed to say, your honesty can get you in trouble.

please keep us posted, i have lived this nightmare and am still living it. the fact you dont believe it happened will hurt you also. why was your boyfriend ordered supervised visitation? was he accused of anything? what is the age difference of the children? you may want to look at the child molestation laws in your state? in georgia, if there is less than a 4 year age differnce there is no crime.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:11 am

This is what my state says about invol termination of parental rights:
Circumstances That Are Grounds for Termination of Parental Rights
§ 49-6-5

The parent has abandoned the child.
The parent is unable to discharge his or her parental duties due to:
Emotional illness, mental illness, or mental deficiency
Habitual abuse or addiction to alcohol, controlled substances, or drugs
The parent has repeatedly or seriously injured the child physically or emotionally.
The parent has sexually abused or exploited the child.
The parent has subjected the child to an aggravated circumstance, including, but not limited to, abandonment, torture, chronic abuse, or sexual abuse.
Reasonable efforts to rehabilitate the parent have failed.

The parent has:
Committed murder or voluntary manslaughter of another child of the parent
Attempted or conspired to commit murder or voluntary manslaughter of another child of the parent
Committed a felonious assault that results in serious bodily injury to the child or another child of the parent
Parental rights to another child of the parent have been involuntarily terminated.

The only thing I can see here is what I put in bold the "the parent has subjected the kid to ..... and rehabilitate the parent hve failed" Which would not have any bairing on what happens to my kids because they are claiming that a 9year old molested a 6 year old not an adult molesting a 6 year old. And they are claiming we let this go on. Really what this boils down to is we did nothing to stop a 9 year old from molesting the 6 year old and it really can't even be proven that the 9 year old did such an action. I think they are "grasping at straws" and that expression has come up several times by different people who are either involved in the case or I have spoken to about the case. I'm just stumped!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Yes that is true. they can remove children whatever they want. If they have "protection concerns of the child/ren" they can apply to the Court for Protection Application to have that child removed but then again they have to have a real good reason to tell the Judge why they want said children removed. Sexual Abuse/Suspicion is one good way to go. Sadly even without evidence. They can do this.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:18 am

There is only 3 years age difference between these kids. That is why they are not going after the kids they are going after us the adults because they are saying we did nothing to prevent it from happening. Both kids received therapy the younger child was in therapy for behavioral problems since before my boyfriend and I were an item. The older child went in to therapy after the first claim to see if this was going on or if this was just something the younger childs mother was making up to gain custody of her. The older childs first therapist doent think it is going on, the second one (because the first one moved and left) also doesn't see it. They state that they aren't about to treat the child for a "sexual abuse" issue that doesn't exist to them.
Also I went back last night and read the petition again I do that periodicly because it seems like every time I read it I catch something else. This time I noticed this "respondent parents did neglect and abuse said infants within the meaning of Section 3, article 1, of Chapter 49 of the west virginia code..." here is the code:
http://www.legis.state.wv.us/WVCODE/49/masterfrmFrm.htm
to me that is about if a father abandons a child so I don't understand.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:18 pm

ok, i think this is shitty? how can they claim abandonement? r u and the b/f still together? it sounds to me they are grasping. i think it has gone from possible sexual abuse, to i think we have some easily adoptable infants here. here is the thing with dealing with them, if they an prove one thing they will go for another. they are going to pull some rabbits out of the hat for you ajudication. i hope your attorney is ready for it. i am always pessimistic about this. it really sounds like your caseworker is a piece of work, i would do a background check on her. see what you can find you maybe surprised. i think they are trying to take your children.
they are doing more damage to this child, than good. most children who are accused only complete 6-12 months. so why does this continue? they are harming your child. you probably need to contact the governor about this. start a letter writing campaign. also contact the states attorney and your local da.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:36 am

Okay you read that too. I am reading that right? Who abandoned what kid? The only thing I can even think would possibly bring that on is that in July of 06 Cps Removed the younger child and put her with her mother and Tom only had 1-2 visits with her until we went to court in Jan and the judge ordered supervised visits. Is that abandonment? And what in the hell would that have to do with my kids? They have been living with me since birth. Now it really makes no sense to me. And I believe they only want to give custody of the younger child to her mother which again why are my kids in the petition or even the mothers other child who isn't even the biological child of him. this is just one hell of a freaky case.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:41 am

Oh and I forgot to ask how do you do a backround check on the social worker? We have actually had 2 the first one quit after the first day in court and transfered the case over to this new one. The first one called me and said " I'm no longer the social worker on this case now" the second one said she didn't quit that the way it works is that when a case gets to court a new social worker takes over to prosecute that case. Sounds odd to me? I'd like to check them both out.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:20 am

get on the internet and do a search for background checks. if you go to whitepages.com and search for the name, it will ask you to do a people search. i did this for work onetime trying to locate a witness for a lawsuit we went through. the people search will list places they have lived and other things. it cost a little money, but you will be amazed at what you find.
hang in there debbie. i go to court for a hearing to decide wether they can extend the 12 months they have already spent on my case for another 12 months. we are suppose to go in august, the order expires on august 28. hopefully my husband will come home. we are expecting another child, which is a miracle for us, since doctors told me i would never get pregnant with out medical assistance. my daughter is 12, so we are starting over baby wise . this baby is my confirmation from GOD that we have done everything right. it is our miracle. children are all miracles. there are people who abuse them, then we have a system that abuses them. your children are being abused by a harsh system. hopefully you can stop them. you are doing the right thing.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:22 am

another thing i dont understand is why does he have on supervised visitation? he is not accused of anything. doesnt make alot of sense.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 am

Yeah we didn't get that at first neither. He is accused of "failure to protect" the child. Another words he knew it was going on but did not supervise the child enough to stop it from happening. Also the mother accused him of domestic violance (which was thrown out of court cause there was no domestic violance) The larger picture here is that him and his ex don't get along at all. He is very angry with her cause she 1) cheated on him and got pregnant but he took her back after she had the abortion 2) cheated on him again this time leaving him with both kids 3) now accuses him of not taking care of the kids after she left him with them just so she can get the child back and get a child support check (which he is paying) She also at every court hearing we have had and every MDT hearing we have gone to accuses him of telling the child something inappropiate and has claimed that the child is "deathly afraid of him and my kids" and that she "won't get out of the car for visits, and wets her pants" all not true as proven in these supervised visits. The mom has said these things in court which to me is perjury. We told the social worker (cause this new one wasn't at the first 2 court hearings) that she said that in court and she said "can you prove she said that" um yeah it's in the court transcripts, Duh? The real problem here is that this younger childs parents don't get along they are nasty to eachother although more from her side than his. She is just better at playing the court system than he is and that is why he has taken the fall. Even when I talked to the guy at the 'stop it now' hotline he said it sounds like a clear cut case of PAS parential alalienation syndrome. I looked it up and yeah it is scary only that this child is using another child to make the false claim but all the other stuff is there. Like this child calling her dad up say "your family is a bunch of idiots i don't want to see them" and "daddy do you still love me?" Who is telling this kid these things? umm her mom? The supervised visits are going well and the woman supervising says nice things about him at the MDT then mom follows with "we still have a problem with agression after the visits" Maybe because the kid doesn't want to go back home with this woman. The way I see it and my therapist has pointed this out to me is ask the question what is the ex wife's goal here? 1) she wanted the child out of my house and in hers she did that 2) she wants child support she got that 3) she wanted the phone calls to stop she got that 4) she wants visits to stop still working on it. She has accomplished almost everything what is to stop her now?

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”