CPS called 6 times in 2 years all unfounded

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

therealleigh

CPS called 6 times in 2 years all unfounded

Postby therealleigh » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 am

CPS has been called on us now six times. I am in NC. They can not tell you who is calling on you but I know it is our crazy neighbor. It is always the same thing, they wear the same clothes, hair is messy, they run the neighborhood with no supervision, etc. Everytime cps finds it unfounded. They were called on us in january, worker closed it two weeks ago and low and behold they were called again today. The worker tells us they have to come out if they recieve a call. She tells us she sees nothing and feels there is no reason for her to be here. What can we do to stop this. When is it seen as harassment? Like I have been told each time she will talk to her supervisor and flag our file. Can anyone tell me what legal rights I have to stop this. I would think that cps would get tired of being called on unfounded stuff and its the exact same things each time. Any advice would be appreciated.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:55 am

i am sorry to hear of your situation, but this happens all the time. sometimes a neighbor, sometimes an ex other, sometimes a friend, etc. there are opinions in this world made by people who think they know it all or just people who have some ax to grind.
what will happen is they are going to come into your home, maybe your daughter has fell and has a scrape on her knee or maybe you were running from here to there all week and our home is not up to even your lowest standards, eventually you will have a founded cases. dont let your guard down with them.
no matter how nice they are, there is always a hidden agenda. i too trusted them at one time, let my guard down thinking that they can not think this is true. it bit me in my big ole butt.
hang in there and to be honest that if it has been unfounded and called in by the same person each time, they will ignore the calls, they do here in georgia, they are coming out looking for something.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:30 am

I know 2 woman personally who have been through this.
Case one an ex of her husband kept calling on her after about the fourth time she called the supervisor...after the fifth the supervisors supervisor...after the sixth she called the state head of cps and threatened legal action for harassment then had her lawyer call and make the same threat. never got another visit.

Case two it was her inlaws that were making the call. Whenever her husbands aunt went off her meds she called cps and told them she was beating the kids. They basically stripped searched the kids found nothing each time. She then got a restraining order against the aunt and had it state no using third party agencies to harass them and gave a photo copy to the cps supervisor. From that point on when ever a call came in to either the cps or the cops they were ignored.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”