sadly, another new member here

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

searcher

sadly, another new member here

Postby searcher » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:19 pm

I don't know where to start. Cps removed my children. Thankfully, they are with a family member that we trust to take good care of them. We are able to communicate with her and she is being, we believe, very helpful to us.

The worker that we've been assigned is flighty, to say the least. Paperwork that should be put through sits on her desk until we press her about it (as politely as possible). Appointments that SHE made for us are forgotten about and other appointments are made by her (for us) that conflict. She has promised us certain visit times days on end, only to find out that she hasn't checked with our family member to see if it's possible on her end. She seems to be new on the job and we're afraid that it's going to work against us.

We're scheduled for psychological (sp?) evaluations soon. I don't know what to expect and neither does my husband. I do know that right now I'm having trouble remembering to eat, I can barely sleep, I am at a minimal functioning level. How in the world am I supposed to pass any sort of psych testing??? I am a few months pregnant and am counting that blessing in more ways than one... it's only because of the new little one that I'm making myself eat at all (not that it stays put... when I get tremendously stressed, I have a hard time keeping anything down).

The new baby... I'm so scared that if we don't have our babies back by the time this one comes along, they're going to take this one too!

We're supposed to have a visit tomorrow. My heart feels like it's breaking all over again. They've been gone three weeks now and we've seen them once before. I don't know how I'm going to get through tomorrow. I try not to cry in front of them. I try to put on a brave face for them. I don't want them anymore traumatized by all this than they already are. I just don't know how to handle any of this.

I have no one to talk to. We're seeing counselors, but how do we even trust them? I have no idea how much of what we say gets back to CPS. I feel like I'm alone in all this. Yes, my husband is here, but he's dealing with something else, too, and feels comfortable that the children are safe and will be home soon. Me, I don't know much of anything right now. All I know for sure is that my heart breaks every time I look anywhere in this house. All I can see is where my babies have been and where they aren't now. I can't sleep at night for dreaming about them being taken over and over again. I can't eat for the knot in the pit of my stomach. All I feel is empty arms and the walls of a silent house closing in.

I don't know how to do this.

Thank you for listening.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi. I'm sorry for all you're going through. If I were you I wouldn't trust the counselors, anything can be twisted the way CPS wants it to be. I hope you can hold up for all of your kids sake, I know how hard it is when CPS takes them away. Learn all of the laws and beat them at their own game, it's your best chance.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:09 am

Federal child welfare.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/

State laws.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... ies/state/

Have you been to court yet?

If not, the children's removal may be considered "voluntary" under a Safety Plan.

If you provide this information, it would help.

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:32 am

DO NOT trust any counselors associated with CPS.Any appointments made by them say only the minimum and nothing more they will twist everything you say so the less you say the less they can twist.Document everything. Every positive and negative thing done everytime your case worker screws up document it if possible tape every convo with anyone you have contact with that has to do with CPS.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”