Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Busymom

Postby Busymom » Mon May 12, 2008 7:14 am

Hello. I'm new.

I'll try to keep it short and to the point.

My daughter was born in October 2007.

She had her 2 month checkup on a Friday in December, complete with 5 vaccinations, 4 shots and 1 oral.

She screamed for several hours after the appointment, and was very lethargic and cranky for most of the weekend.

I was taking a bath Sunday morning.

When I got out, my husband had heard a funny noise from the baby. Kind of a crunchy noise. :(

I checked her limbs, they all moved properly, and she didn't cry out when I moved them.

I went to work the next day. When I returned home, my husband said she had been miserable all day.

I called the pediatricians ofice, they advise me that unless she screamed for 3 hours continuously, she was fine.

My husband woke me at 1:00 am and insisted something was wrong.

I took her to the ER, and explained our concern to the doctor.

Long story short, my daughter had 3 fractured ribs.

We don't know how it happened. The ER doctor was suspicious and reported it immediately.

A CT scan on her head came back "abnormal", and the doctors all decided she had been shaken and came after us with a vengeance.

Further investigation shows that her head is completely fine. She has some small calcification, which is not a cause for concern.

The county decided that my husband abused our daughter, and instituted a safety plan that says I will not leave her unsupervised with him until the plan is revoked.

We have 4 year old twins, and my husband is a stay-at-home dad. He stayed home with our twins, also.

I have appealed the determination that he abused her, and the state appeal hearing is next month.

I think I either have to provide a medical cause for the fracture, or produce witnesses who confirm she was screaming before that Sunday morning.

They did a bone scan and a skeletal survey on her. Sent me HUGE hospital bills. And all the results say is "normal". No numbers or anything.

The fracture was no more than 7 days old when they found it, and she had no other fractures.

She was not in the care of any one person all weekend.

She is healed, and appears to be healthy and happy.

The fracture is the only physical evidence of anything. The children are all normal, happy, healthy, active kids.

I am grateful that all 3 remained in our custody. The twins' grandmother was watching them for the week our baby was in the hospital.

Had they not been staying with family, the county would have removed them from our custody.

glass

Postby glass » Tue May 13, 2008 12:30 pm

did your husband tell you he heard a "crunchy" noise from the baby? not to be negative but if my husband told me that and my kid did indeed have broken bones, his ass would be out the door.

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue May 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Vaccinations can be related to fractures. Look under the medical section on this site and also do your own web search for more recent information.

Busymom

Postby Busymom » Tue May 13, 2008 8:36 pm

glass wrote:did your husband tell you he heard a "crunchy" noise from the baby? not to be negative but if my husband told me that and my kid did indeed have broken bones, his ass would be out the door.

He said he heard a noise, and asked me to check her.

On the face of that with no background info, I see where you're coming from.

But I know he didn't hurt her.

And she screamed for hours on and off the day she had her shots. Which was 2 days prior to him asking me to check her out.

My baby was not in the care of any one person over the weekend, nobody fell, and she wasn't in a location where our twins could have fallen on her or hurt her in any way.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”