I'm new

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:15 am

Well the deal with the "no bruisies" is balogna too. In fact I believe it is "no marks". Who can be spanked and not have marks. Who can get in a tossle as was my case and not get banged up. When my daughter was finally back in my house, which I only wanted for economical reasons only, she came home from school one day with bruises in a few places on her arms, I totally freaked out... "here we go... Im going to jail and through CPS bull again as soon as the liberals in school see those bruises and get on the tele." I asked her what the heck happened, seems one of her friends and her were ruffing around and just their grip bruised her arms... she bruises that easy, very fair skinned and apparently soft circulation system.

A good friend of mine, has a pile of boys, they get right into it from time to time, in one incidence he had one boy on top of the other pounding the heck out of him. He ran over and ripped the one off the top by his shirt, left a welt on his neck, school called CPS... end of game... he is now a registered child beater too, a year in the system with the kids all over the place, financially scarred, the usual fallout for CPS tricks, straight from some elusive handbook, written by whom? mandated routine

Another woman got in a disagreement with her teen daughter, wrong words were said by the teen as they ALWAYS are today because they can without fear of retaliation, mother slaped girl upside the face, fingernail wound up in the wrong place..... CPS... end of game, daughter was free to do as she please from that point on, woman lost her job, went broke with lawyers trying to keep said job and not get convicted by CPS. That girl is now around 20 and has started a family of her own. I saw her awhile back and she flat out volunteered the information that the workers at CPS MADE her go after her mother. There is also a story that sometime during her graduation she made a public appology for what she put her mother through.

Yet the CPS workers walk around totally free of any responsibility for what they put familys through, and its ALL IRREVERSABLE DAMAGE and it starts on day one, DAMAGE.

Hell this country is full of people that won the lawsuit lottery for far less psycholological damage then CPS puts people through. It is totally unnatural and a crime against the oldest know instinct of mankind, that is to protect ones family and do the job that needs to be done at any given time during the child rearing years. Harm to ones family, has been the root of thousands of wars throughout mankinds history.... but here we have a "legal" system that supports wholeheartedly the driving of wedges into a family.

"you killed my father... prepare to die", totally natural and as far as Im concerned 100% validated.

"you killed my family... prepare to die" sure go ahead and try that one, protected by laws designed to protect the thoughtless, spinless types that take up this kind of position in life.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:34 am

BTW, Im calling BS on your idea that there are so many cases of real child abuse. I personally know of no one in this area that beats their children, some may catch the total hell they were asking for from time to time but no "child beaters". I dont deny that their are abusive parents out there, probably more in urban poverty or drug infested areas. Heck kids have it so easy today, if you turned back the clock 40-80 years kids were getting their lesson well earned all the time by perfectly functional loving families. I was paddled by my 4th grade school teacher( a woman who I still admire) for steping out of line, guess what, I never did it again. Not only that, she did it under my fathers full approval... as he was the elementary school principle of my very school. Wouldnt todays CPS workers just love to have destroyed my fathers life, family and career... and let me tell you, knowing what I know today and have been through, had that of occured I would hunt those people down and put a beating on them worth going to jail for for.

Im tired of this wanker society, "poor kid got a booboo", heck we were ruff and tough, I had cuts, scrapes and bruises all over my body just from being a kid, riding my bicycle like a maniac, wrestling around, climbing trees, running through the brush and woods, tripping and falling, getting up and going back for more... yet dont let a parent "put a mark".... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME ! "Oh, oow that hurt...... " give me a break

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Technically, it is no marks, however, since most cases aren't looked into until much later, marks really can't be photoed and shown as evidence in a lot of court (here anyway) For the exact reasons you've said. There is no telling how those marks got there (you could get a mark from falling off a bike that can look like someone inflicted it.) You can leave a mark on accident (you can grab a child to keep them from falling and leave marks on their arms.) Another child could have done it. The child in question could have even done it. That's why (again, here anyway) there has to be bruising. A simple welt isn't enough to charge someone with abuse.

trappedinwreakage wrote:BTW, I'm calling BS on your idea that there are so many cases of real child abuse.

You can call BS on it all you like, but I've seen the kids in hospital beds where parents shoved them down the stairs. Or mothers who held their child under scalding water till there were burns over 50% of their bodies. About 2 years ago, I saw a young boy who had been branded with "I'm a liar" on his arm. THAT isn't discipline.

I fully agree spankings aren't abuse, there is a difference between discipline and beating for the sake of beating. That's why there is a problem distinguishing from the 2. Without more concrete rules it's left too much up to the determination of people who may or may not have even been a witness to the "abuse."

I'm calling BS on your assertion that abuse only happens in poverty stricken and/or urban areas. Perhaps that is who is targeted more, but if a person really is an abuser, it doesn't matter if they're rich or living on a farm somewhere. The difference is that they usually have more money to make the problem go away. I would also assume that families in the urban/poverty groups you're talking about are MORE likely to be accused of abuse or neglect when there is none.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:34 pm

Thou does protest too much.

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:12 pm

MaggieC wrote:Thou does protest too much.

The same could be said about you. That argument goes nowhere.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:58 am

Yes, but why are we all treated the same ? Why does a stupid investigation take 3 months while a family lies rotting in the undermining rancid water ? Why are court orders placed against parents to keep them away from their children "so they cant influence the interagations of the children" when in reality you have CPS and bleeding heart psycho babblers interagating and trying to influence the answers from children, and it takes MONTHS ? You have got to be kidding me!

Months and years are important to a family, anyone invloved in raising children know the time goes by WAY to fast. Turn around and that particular child is no longer there, you have a new child in a whole nother stage of life.

We were robbed of a Christmas, Christmas vacation, our dog sledding, our downhill skiing, our winter recess, our spring recess and both my daughters and my birthdays. I absolutely will not celebrate any of these period in time now, I was shown by CPS workers that they are totally irrevelent and meaningless.

One person throws their kid down the stairs and 50 familys must pay the price. A "investigation" should take no more than 8hrs of any given day of the M-F work week. You go to the school, you go to the neighbors, you go to friends, you go to everyone and anyone that may or may not have had exposure to said family and if theres nothing but typical family events, OR DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON HOW TO RAISE CHILDREN, you get the hell out of people houses and out of thier lives.

WE ARE TALKING IRREVERSABLE DAMAGE HERE, its not a game for a family like it is for "professionals" looking to make a mark on society. They better open thier eyes to see the marks they make on individuals.

Frankly to be honest, I could care less about the kid that gets thrown down the stairs... anymore. Why? Because CPS workers threw each and every member of my family down the stairs of life... LIKE IT MEANT NOTHING! We were sacrificial lambs "for the sake of a higher cause"... well screw that. We were used as numbers to support the cause for the rare BY PERCENTAGE case of the totally screwed up family. Guess what... I didnt feel like contributing to that cause at the price of the aftermath of their major meddleing.

Here sits our governing bodys, one in particular that claims to be the Kings and Queens of psychological damage, and in pursuit of the rare occurance of abuse are willing to destroy the family and any members that cross their path. BRAVO ! for not being able to see the forest through the trees. BRILLIANCE AT IT BRIGHTEST, THE PRIDE OF THE HUMAN RACE.... NO DOUBT

Placing parents in the position where they can no longer handle family disturbances on their own, but must call the cops to come and straighten the children out... wonderful! Get court orders to keep their children in school, take days (UNPAID) off from work to go to court to listen to a bunch of mumbo jumbo that takes all of 5 minutes ot tell your children far less than you already have. Because in effect they already told your children what you tell them as parents is trivial... they are the higher power. Since when? The past 30 years ? In the grand sceme of the human race this is a BAD joke at its best.

The thing that burns my butt the most about the whole situation I was in and MANY other familys.... its a well known fact that teenage girls pull this crap all the time, its a trend, these people see it all the time, case after case after case, but what do they do, they go for the throat of the parents, that are totally clueless, caught in suspended animation, only concerned with the moment, the current problem that they feel they must get under control, as that is and has been their job since the day they first held that baby in their arms. They are powerless to act, they can not talk to the kid, that can not work it out, they cant lay down the law, rendered powerless by CPS and worst yet, proven powerless in the eyes of their own children by CPS. PRICELESS!

"Oh, I think we'll give this family a year "timeout" as we do our "investigation" ". Grow up and get a life of your own, walk the walk or shut up, that is my message to this entire issue.

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:18 am

I wish I had an answer you want to hear, but I don't. There are lots of reasons there are problems. There are lots of reasons it works slowly, there are lots of reasons why it seems workers don't care. I've never met anyone who actually WANTS a child to be in the system. I have met many who see it as a more acceptable solution than a possible bad situation at home. That doesn't make it right.

I think part of the reason the process takes so long is all the red tape. I know of cases where the social worker was screaming at the top of their lungs that a child should be at home, but because of policies on when those determinations could be made, their hands were tied as well and couldn't do anything BUT jump through the hoops that CPS's system has set up. I know of one colleague who literally told 1 pregnant teen who's parents were trying to take her baby, that she needed to move out of the state and not tell her parents where she was going if she wanted to make sure she could keep her baby. The reason is that things are very, "act first, investigate later" and that's not right. When you do that, kids families are damaged, there's not much you can do about that damage once it's done. You're right, it's not like you can get a refund on the time that they're gone.

The only way to fix that is to do away with that mentality and change the way things work. Which is happening very SLOWLY. I've noticed a change as the "oldtimers" retire and the "children" take over those cases. The newer generation is more about changing the system and bending rules to get around it. It's not happening fast enough though. Which isn't very comforting or helpful when you're in the system now. We need more people who are vocal about their situation, and an organized group who can go to their state's representatives to get them to listen. This forum is a good start with that, another good thing would to be to organize local groups in your area.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I think that is your local. Here we had younger GIRLS, those we spoke to at the beginning of the case were younger than us probably say mid 30's and WITHOUT children, they played the game big time, it was them that had the opportunity to make the judgement call, they pursued the popularized method of mind games. Then we got younger case workers and I refused to talk to them. I had already said all I was going to say and done all I was going to do, I was DONE! There was one older woman and she was the only one that didnt appear to be playing a game but the extent of my conversations with her was about how I was done, they were short and sweet. She looked very sad, maybe she was old school and understood, maybe other reasons, I dont know.

There should not be a system set up by CPS, it all needs to be judgement calls, my family should have been back together by Christmas and that would have given them two weeks to figure out what was going on. My daughter was even in tears by Christmas.

Our area is a small country area and they are not swamped down there. The few times I went for "meetings" they were all basically sitting around twiddling their thumbs. So it doesnt take time around here to get to the bottom of an "investigation". It was clearly a "lets make them sweat and eat crow... that'll teach them" But while they were doing so I was watching myself drift away and no one can tell me they do not know people fall apart after they start the game. We have had people that have to be taken straight from their first court appearence to mental health houses because they totally fall to pieces. Messing with someones family is some serious stuff, yet those involved are very could care less about it. "we got ourselves another criminal"

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:10 pm

edited
Last edited by Marina on Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:24 pm

I am new to this game but I find, for the most part, that social work is junk science. They think they are doctors, they think they are lawyers and they know nothing.

Believe it or not, law and medical do have checks and balances -social work at the low levels of CPS (heck at most levels) do not.

I work in law. I read case law -and time and time again at the appellate level -parents win cases that "social workers" won at trial levels.

Social workers make it up as they go along thinking that everyone who is not a social worker is stupid, ill informed and will just bow down to their bullying.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

I am new to this game but I find, for the most part, that social work is junk science. They think they are doctors, they think they are lawyers and they know nothing.

Believe it or not, law and medicine do have checks and balances -social work at the low levels of CPS (heck at most levels) do not.

I work in law. I read case law -and time and time again at the appellate level -parents win cases that "social workers" won at trial levels.

Social workers make it up as they go along thinking that everyone who is not a social worker is stupid, ill informed and will just bow down to their bullying.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Speaking for myself I dont care about the "false accusations" ideal of this forum and dont see the relevence of that either. Here we have a person like myself who they had "dead to rights" by my own admitance. We have people with drug problems, people with un kept homes, jobless, no utilities, starving, homeless, I have read it all. Just the fact that there is that "false accusations" pretence for the forum, kept me away for along time. I believe there is more at issue here, than the by the book you either did or didnt break a "law".

Yes, this person should offer any possibly advise... as if there is any.

However... again speaking for myself, I see no harm in this particular conversation I am currently having with this person and this topic is her "I'm new" topic, so not surprisingly it evolves around what is has been.

A person from within the system that comes without a mask, without redicule and openly agrees with some problems is a darn good start in my opinion. We could hope to change the system from outside or from within but both together would be a phenomena.

But please, lets not take all day

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Marina wrote:

Go to the people in need on here, and HELP them.

Which is what has been happening in private messages. It doesn't matter if you like my opinion on what the problems are, or how I think they can be fixed. I was talking about those things because they came up in the conversation. Sorry you don't like that, but you have no idea what is going on in private discussions.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Here's the deal-if parents had opportunity to legal counsel from the get go -much like Miranda rights-parents would realize that most of the "abuse" cases social workers "investigate' do NOT even meet the minimum of the state statutes-yep, they ,the social workers are bluffing it.

They are bluffing their authority-they do not even know the statutes and you the parent, have fallen into the trap.

We all must lobby our elected officals to include a disclosure such as the Miranda whenever any parent is "charged" with abuse or neglect by CPS.

Read your state's statutes. I guarantee you that many of your cases had no merit from the get go.

Lobby for legal rights with CPS. Make the social worker WORK -i.e. make them follow the statutes.

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm

MaggieC wrote:Here's the deal-if parents had opportunity to legal counsel from the get go -much like Miranda rights-parents would realize that most of the "abuse" cases social workers "investigate' do NOT even meet the minimum of the state statutes-yep, they ,the social workers are bluffing it.

They are bluffing their authority-they do not even know the statutes and you the parent, have fallen into the trap.

We all must lobby our elected officals to include a disclosure such as the Miranda whenever any parent is "charged" with abuse or neglect by CPS.

Read your state's statutes. I guarantee you that many of your cases had no merit from the get go.

Lobby for legal rights with CPS. Make the social worker WORK -i.e. make them follow the statutes.

I'm not saying that rights shouldn't be told to the parent. I'm saying that RIGHT NOW there is NOTHING ILLEGAL about not doing so. There is a difference. Just because you think something SHOULD be done one way, doesn't mean it's illegal to not do it that way.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Social worker-
my argument is sound
Again, social worker-thou does protest too much-
think about it.
Thou does.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Well, that is why Iam advocating makign the laws more precise and making you accountable to the laws of the land . And I will do so.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Well, that is why I am advocating making the laws more precise and making you accountable to the laws of the land . And I will do so.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:01 pm

And by the way-it is illegal to tell parents that you can enter their homes without a warrant or a court order and it is illegal to remove children without same.
You are just counting on the ignorance of parents.
You are trained to do so. I have read your manuals.
It is illegal and is brought to task at higher courts.

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:54 pm

MaggieC wrote:And by the way-it is illegal to tell parents that you can enter their homes without a warrant or a court order and it is illegal to remove children without same.
CPS is just counting on the ignorance of parents.
You are trained to do so. I have read your manuals.
It is illegal and is brought to task at higher courts.

You're taking what I said and twisting it. I didn't say it was legal to tell someone they have to let you in without a warrant. In fact, if you'd read what I said it's the opposite. I said you have the right to deny entry to anyone WITHOUT a warrant. I said that there is NO LAW requiring that CPS tells a parent they CAN refuse entry. You have no idea what I've been trained for, I highly doubt you've read any manuals I've been issued for the simple reason of you don't know what position I have. Just because you've read some, and are interpreting it in that way does not make it the case. I have directly quoted from a DA that it is NOT illegal to enter a home with permission, it is NOT illegal for a CPS worker to not tell a parent they have that right.

I have bolded the only correct thing you've listed. I don't understand why you insist on arguing with me. You're making the same point. I will not respond to another one of your posts that are nothing but twisting what I've said into what you want it to mean.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:44 am

regardless what is "legal" or "illegal" I could care less about the entering of ones home, we had nothing to hide here but it was a different situation, our daughter had left to begin her little game, we had no other children, had we have they would have came and grabed and I would still be in jail, nothing would please me more today than pounding the snot out of CPS workers and the sheriffs... this is the new me BTW... the one that drifted away at their hand,, the one that is dangerously hateful of nearly everything.

What I want to know is, why do CPS workers take it upon themselves to be such jackass's :

guilty until proven innocent
pileing up accusations
ignoreing the words of the parents
walk up to you as you sit waiting for court and hand you more new accusatory paperwork when they just had a month to mail it out

what I want to know is why is all this SUCH A BIG GAME to CPS workers

why all the could care less what we are doing to your family attitude

why the neccessary convictions for petty one time occurances

we all know the answers though, its the higher cause thing, its for the couple of children per year that are seriously neglected or abused, its for the numbers in the system for more budget money, its for raises, promotions, its acting out their own childhood aggressions because the boys picked on them in school, or Daddy wouldnt buy them the prom dress they wanted, or no one asked them to the prom in the first place, or they are infertile and cant have children so are pissed off at anyone who does

all the wrong reasons and all the wrong attitudes and all the wrong methods

there is serious crimes against humanity going on and they can get away with it, 150 years ago such people would have been drug into the street and lynched.... now there is an idea

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Social Worker-

I am advocating the Law. There are safeguards in the law to prevent CPS from coming in and removing children and having social workers make the determinations that only judges can make upon EVIDENCE.

Social workers are not judges, they are not MDs. they are not law enforcement. You are all overstepping your bounds, legally and morally.

You have said that you will not respond to me, but you continue to do so.

Frankly, you are misguided. This is a forum for those falsely accused by CPS. This is not a forum for those who need your help. Those here only need your help in realizing that you are not abiding by the laws of this land.

You may learn to be more discerning as you age, I hope you will.

But frankly, my purpose is not to reach out to you-my purpose is to assist fit parents victimized by you and your ilk.

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:36 pm

MaggieC wrote:Social Worker-

I am advocating the Law. There are safeguards in the law to prevent CPS from coming in and removing children and having social workers make the determinations that only judges can make upon EVIDENCE.

Social workers are not judges, they are not MDs. they are not law enforcement. You are all overstepping your bounds, legally and morally.

You have said that you will not respond to me, but you continue to do so.

Frankly, you are misguided. This is a forum for those falsely accused by CPS. This is not a forum for those who need your help. Those here only need your help in realizing that you are not abiding by the laws of this land.

You may learn to be more discerning as you age, I hope you will.

But frankly, my purpose is not to reach out to you-my purpose is to assist fit parents victimized by you and your ilk.

A. I made no assertion that social workers are judges. Find a quote where I said that.

B. I have been responding to points. Not attacks. I haven't even posted in this thread for 2 weeks. Yet, you feel the need to bring it up again.

C. You can't make the assertion that I have over stepped any bounds because you: 1, have no idea what I do. 2, have no idea where I work. 3, have no idea how I do my job.

D. Your comment about my age is nothing more than condescending. You don't know my age, for all you know I'm older than you.

You can say people here don't need/want my help all you like. That doesn't change the people who have contacted me asking me questions and advice. It sounds like your problem is yours alone.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:36 am

Social Worker stated:

A. I made no assertion that social workers are judges. Find a quote where I said that.

B. I have been responding to points. Not attacks. I haven't even posted in this thread for 2 weeks. Yet, you feel the need to bring it up again.

C. You can't make the assertion that I have over stepped any bounds because you: 1, have no idea what I do. 2, have no idea where I work. 3, have no idea how I do my job.

D. Your comment about my age is nothing more than condescending. You don't know my age, for all you know I'm older than you.

A. Parents don't like to be misquoted, or have their words twisted around.

B. Parents respond to "Points," not "attacks." Yet they are forced to take anger management classes.

C. Caseworkers make assertions about parents overstepping their bounds when they

1. Have no idea what parents do
2. Have no idea what children do
3. Have no idea how parents do their job

D. Parents don't like for caseworkers to be condescending - about their age, their childhood, their job or financial status, their children's health conditions or behavioral struggles, their abusive ex husbands, or anything else.

Parents don't like for "actuarial science" to be applied to them either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuarial_science

In other words, if it looks like a rat, smells like a rat, and runs like a rat, it must be a rat.

How would you suggest parents defend themselves against such caseworkers?

Socialworker

Postby Socialworker » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:20 am

Marina wrote:Social Worker stated:

How would you suggest parents defend themselves against such caseworkers?

Documentation. Whenever possible, have a voice recorder going. Caseworkers can't say you aren't allowed to have a record of your own case.

If possible, have witnesses during meetings and phone calls. It helps if the witness is a lawyer. However, picking a person who will be "upstanding" in THEIR eyes will be a good second plan. That means, they'll look for someone who's not related, who has nothing to gain from being your witness, and who is employed. I'm not saying that because I don't think people who are related or without jobs are bad people, just that when push comes to shove, there will be less to cast doubt on whether or not they're telling the truth.

I've heard of some people insisting on video recording their home visits. That way they can follow the case worker and record what they see as they see it. If you can do this, and you choose to, make sure you have the date in the video. Also make sure you're behind the case worker, or that they are in the shot in EVERY room. That way, they can't say you recorded it at a different time.

Notes are good too, however, realize they can be twisted and the argument can be made that they notes are made up. It is better than nothing though, so if you can't do any of the other things this is a good thing to do. It's also good for your own records. If you do keep them, make sure you date everything and keep copies.

I've heard of some cases where the parents said they never received calls, and the case workers insisted they made them. If this happens, remember you can get phone records to prove those calls weren't made.

Make sure you have copies of everything. If you have a case plan, make sure you have a copy. Don't let them print off a different one, don't let them say they'll mail it. Ask for a photocopy of the document RIGHT THEN. Tell them it's for your records, or for your lawyer. This will give you hard copies of all the information that are signed and such. Make a couple extra copies for yourself in case you lose them, or a lawyer needs them. That way you'll have a back up. Keep any emails, letters, or notes. Even if they don't seem important.

When speaking with your case worker. Force them to say it. If they're implying something "Could" happen say, "Are you telling me that I am required by law to..." That will prevent omissions that could help them and hurt you. When you refuse/accept something say "I am refusing/accepting this service because..." If you make sure everything is said like this, it will help your documentation. It will also help in court. ESPECIALLY if they lie and say you have to do something, when legally you don't have to do it.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”