Vindictive Neighbor Called The police And Reported Us To CPS

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ourlittlefellas

Vindictive Neighbor Called The police And Reported Us To CPS

Postby ourlittlefellas » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:58 pm

I am sorry Linda, I must have been confused when I was reading it and misread. I didn't mean to lash out at you..please forgive me. I really do appreciate your input. Oh and that lawyer who said he wanted to go over to her house and talk too her...I have not been able to get in touch with him. I sent him an email and no response and every time I call I go onto his voicemail box and it says its full. Pretty annoying. Soooo I called another one today and his paralegal or admin said based on what I told her it sounds like we have a case but to go to court would take allot of time and money. And I totally understand that to sue we would have to prove damages and other then the emotional and mental stress and anxiety there are no damages, nothing physical or material. And really what are you sueing for unless it's money and we are not looking to do that. Honest all we want is for her to back off, know that the police and CPS found nothing and that it is on record that they found nothing and basically that her little nasty tyraid backfired. The lawyers assistant I talked too today did mention sending the certified legal letter to her, as opposed to going over there. I kinda think that would better. First off I don't think she would let anyone in the door, and I think she might be more apt to think twice about doing this again not only to us but to anyone else down the road that she has a personal problem with. The fact that she complained to me two months ago about the daycare across the street and her suspicions (and honestly there is nothing to be suspiciouse about...that daycare is being run legally and safely) tells you that she is just one of these people who watches everything and is not afraid to talk about it. and one of the posters and I cannot remember who asked me if I had told the daycare provider about this. I thought about it at first...but then I decided that wouldn't benefit me or my case and it probably would only cause problems for the daycare provider ()getting her worried and angry etc) and I am honestly HONESTLY not looking for revenge here...I don't believe in an eye for an eye or to repay evil for evil. It's funny though cuz her biggest mistake in all of this is that not only did she tell my husband that she was going to call CPS but she slandered us to two of our neighbors who told us she had and offered to testify that if we needed them too. I mean comeone if you are going to turn someone in and want to be anonymous about it those examples are not the way to do it. Like my ex friend, when she got made at me she went to my DDD caseworker and told her she thought we left our kids...having no evidence of that at all...and when my DDD caseworker told me the next day that she had come to her and that she (the ex friend) was going to call CPS so I had better be prepared..the ex friend knew she was busted so oshe had someone else make the call and file two other charges to bolster her case...and that is the exact same thing the neighbor did. And who knows, maybe the fact that she has not gotten a lawyer or taken any action legally (as opposed to all the illegal stuff she's done if that is lieing to CPS and the police is considered illegal..I don't know) could be because she is concerned about letting her 10 (but closer to 11) year old daughter babysit. I am kinda thinking that may be the case.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 pm

One of my projects for the near future is to work on ways to reach the general public with the message that calling CPS with false reports is not a good thing to do. Somehow we have to turn the tide of public opinion so that more people will not want to ever call CPS.

The problem is that MANY of these reports from angry people are from people with mental problems. I live in a very small community and have observed over and over how some mentally ill or deficient people have a habit of making repeated calls to government agencies of various kinds (not just CPS) to report anyone they have a temporary grudge against.

A simple message: False CPS reports hurt CHILDREN. I think most people would respond to this. I'm working on it... and welcome any new ideas.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

ourlittlefellas

Vindictive Neighbor Called The Police And Reported Us To CPS

Postby ourlittlefellas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Linda this is a GREAT idea!! I totally support this and would love to be involved in this. I am certainly a victim of this not once but twice now! It is as I have been saying an outrage that anyone who has an axe to grind should be allowed to use CPS to get their revenge. There has to be laws setup against this. And it's not just neighbors and friends that do this to parents...it is ex spouses, inlaws even children who are angry with their parents who report these false charges in order to get revenge. It needs to stop because it is tearing families apart and literally risking lives.

ourlittlefellas

Postby ourlittlefellas » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Just wanted to update on my posting. Last night when I was going to work I saw a note on my car windshield. I knew it was from her. She wanted her power sander back. So I had a friend go over there with it and also told her to get our house key back. No doubt if I had taken that sander over there and put it in their front or back yard at the door she would have accused me of trespassing and possibly accused me of stealing something or destroying something etc. Anyhow, the friend said that she was really nasty, gave her the key, took the sander and then proceeded to tell her how we leave our children home alone. When my friend shot back at her and told her she was wrong she told my friend to F--k off and slammed the door on her face. So now that is twice she has gone onto my property and near my car and my friend is now the third person we have proof of that she is slandering us to. I am working on getting that lawyer. I am not going out here without a fight, and I am hoping that the three witnesses can write affidavits on our behalf to the lawyer..two of the three have offered to do that (the friend and neighbor next door..the one across the street who my husband said she yelled "see Garrik I told you they leave their kids!" we have not approached about any of this yet...been kinda hesitant to involve him anymore then he already has been). Any advice on this would be very much welcomed.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Just a thought, but if she has your housekey perhaps she has gone upstairs in your house even though you think she hasnt. The reason I say this, is because the loon that called on me was suposed to feed and water the dog and let her out while we were gone for 1 day. When I came back in town, she was telling me how much she liked how we had our bedrooms set up (which were upstairs and had nothing to do with the dog AT ALL), I had closed all the bedroom doors to keep the dog from getting on anyones beds She also stated she wished she had a walk in closet as big as mine. All she did was SNOOP in my house while I was gone. It was very violating to think of what else she had been looking through while I was gone.

Id get that key back ASAP or change the locks ASAP.

ourlittlefellas

Postby ourlittlefellas » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:47 am

Wow momoffer that is rotten! What happened can you say? Did she find a bunch of petty stuff and misconstrue it to make it look like you were guilty of something? I had worried about that key from the beginning and TOLD my husband that we had to get it back. He was like "oh no, she wouldn't use it" so I said change the locks and of course he hasn't. Then my friend the one that went over there said she wanted to get it back and since the note was on the car demanding her sander I thought this would be the perfect time to get the key. No if you read the post the friend did get the key...that was when the neighbor told her to F- OFF and slammed the door on her face. But you are right...I have been thinking all along that she could have used that key to come in here. We have an alarm and BELIEVE me ever since this happened I have set it every time. But the neighbor may have also known our code since we know there (to watch out for each others houses..we have always done that) My husband of course doesn't think that she did or would do that...but he can be really too trusting and nieve. The locks on the door is what she got us for as far as in the house goes. Same charge the ex witch friend charged us with..and the neighbor knew about that and still used it..what an idiot. At least come up with something more original.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:33 am

I posted what happened with the loon in your other thread. There was nothing to find in her snooping to report us. I am a clean freak and very private person. I value my privacy. I knew she had been digging around not just by mentioning my walk-in closet, but at the time I collected vintage hats which because of space, I was storing IN the closet and on the top of my dresser (It is a long boy with a mirror hutch attachment so anything up there is not in line of sight). She made comments about the hats specfically. It was just violating to discover that someone had gone though my personal belongings. It lead me to the conclussion that she if she had gone through my room and my closet, then she probably had gone through our filing cabinet as well that had financial statements in it, birth certificates, bills, credit information, you name it. There is no telling.

Just the thought that someone had gone through my things and touched my things without my permission or my knowledge was upsetting. All this happened WELL before the CPS thing and had nothing to do with her call to CPS. It wasnt too long after we moved in that she watched my dog and house, and I admit, I didnt know her very well, but we had an emergency and I didnt know anyone in the area.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”