Cant take it!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

stiggy88

Cant take it!

Postby stiggy88 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:28 am

Hi, Im new here and am very glad I found this sight. Im from CT and they call CPS DCF lol Anyways, I've been having problems with them since November 16th 2008. Before I tell my story about how DCF is in my life right now I would like to let you know a little bit of my background history as far as babies go. Im 23 now but back when I was 18 I ended up getting pregnant with my (at the time) boyfriend. I took a home pregnancy test and sure enough I was pregnant. The next day I got my period so I thought but when the bleeding continued for 12 days I knew something was wrong. I went to the hospital and they told me that they couldnt see anything so I probably miscarried or im going through one at that very moment. Very scary stuff. That Monday I went to the OBGYN for my very first time mind you, and I was having horrible cramps in my left side, the pain still to this day is the worst pain i've ever experienced. They did an ultrasound and could see that the embryo was stuck in my left tube and I had to have immediate surgery cause it was on the verge of busting which would of killed me. While they were doing the surgery they discovered why the fertilized egg got caught in my tube, my left tube was stuck to my pelvic bone not allowing the egg to drop down. Thats when they found out that I had endometriosis. They had to cut and tie my left tube because the egg was stuck so far up that there was no way of saving the tube. So a couple weeks later the doctor started me on a drug called lupron which was a shot once a month for 6 months to stop my whole reproductive system basically put me in menopause and god that was a nightmare! I do not look forward to menopause when im older. They put me on Lupron and shut my system down to stop the endo from doing further damage to my insides. Menopausing at 18 wasnt fun. I had hot flashes so bad to where I have to be prescribed hotflash medication, I had cold night sweats, I was moody, I was a bitch sorry excuse my language but I was. After the six months of going through that they put me on the depo shot which kept my periods away. I didnt have a period for 3 years. 2 years later I met my husband, we married after 1 year of being together and decided that we would like to try and have a baby within the next year or so. I stopped my depo shots and figured it would take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years to get pregnant after getting off the shot and also I only have one tube to work with so my chances of getting pregnant was 50/50. A few months later I became pregnant. The OBGYN wanted to see me at 6 weeks just because of my past. She did an ultrasound and there it was, a little bean with a heartbeat, I instantly fell in love and was excited and happy. I went back at 8 weeks, 2 weeks later and once again she did an ultrasound but this time she could find anything so she told me to come back next week and we would check again. We checked again and still nothing! Thats when you OBGYN said that i'll probably miscarry any day and that I just have to sit and wait there was nothing they could do at that point. I was so heartbroken and what was worse was sitting at home knowing that soon im gonna miscarry the baby in my own home. A week went by and nothing happened, so I was praying that maybe the baby was still alive. I went back to the docs and they once again comfirmed that there was nothing there so once again I had to have surgery cause the miscarrage wasnt coming out on its own so they had to do a DNC. This time i was just crushed. I got to see my babies heartbeat and then poof she/he is gone. It took awhile to get over it and to try to get back to normal life. A few months later, me and my hubby decided to try 1 more time, if this doesnt work then thats it for me cause I cant handle anymore heartaches and losses. So We tried and tried and tried and then finally I got pregnant. This time I didnt tell anybody about this pregnancy cause the poor you pitty crap makes things worse. We went to our first visit with the OBGYN at 6 weeks and she did an ultrasound and we got to see our lil one with a heartbeat. We went back 3 weeks later and had an ultrasound done and my lil trooper was still hanging in there. I was so overwhelmed with joy. The pregnancy went great up until I was almost 8 months. My water broke and the baby was coming 5 weeks and 2 days early. My local hospital wouldnt deliver her cause she was 5 weeks early and they didnt have the equipment or knowledge to take care of a preemie and possible problems she might have. So I had to get into an ambulance and go to a better and bigger hospital that was 45 minutes away, and let me tell you having contractions and going over road bumps really sucks lol 4:49 am I delivered a beautiful baby girl but she came out blue so they quickly cut the cord and started working on her cause she wasnt breathing at first. I didnt even get to see her until an hour later when I went up to the NICU to see her. She was so beautiful! She was 5lbs 11oz and 18 1/4 in. She had to stay in the hospital's NICU for 3 weeks cause she had heart apnea. She couldnt drink a bottle and breath at the same time because she was a preemie and needed to learn how. I drove to that hospital everyday to see her, sometimes I would go 2 times a day cause I missed her so much! She also was born without a thyroid so shes on thyroid medication that she has to take everyday for the rest of her life, if not then she could become retarded and not be able to learn anything, but trust me she gets that medicine everyday! Shes a happy healthy baby who has lots of energy. Up until 7 months she was serverly colic, im so glad she got past that stage. She slept in the bed with us every night at first it was because she was colic and it was the only way to get her to sleep and then it was because I was too attached and felt bad putting her in her crib all alone. Well I've learned my lession about letting babies sleep in the bed with you. One night the babe woke up and wanted a bottle so I got up to make her a bottle and my husband fell back to sleep and before I knew it she rolled off the bed. She cried for a few then drank her bottle and went back to sleep so I didnt think there was anything wrong with her. The next day she seemed fine the only thing that was odd was that she didnt like it when I would lift her legs to change her diaper so I thought maybe she bruised a muscle or something because there was no swelling and no bruises and she was even putting her feet in her mouth so I thought nothing of it. The next day she was running a fever of 101 so we took her to the hospital and I told them that she fell off the bed and maybe she hit her head and thats why she has a fever I dont know. So they did x-rays on her and come to find out she has a spiral fracture on her right femur bone very close to the hip. So they called DCF, the state police, and detectives on us while we were still at the hospital. They seperated me and my husband and we couldnt talk to each other for hours. Im thankful my dad was there because he yelled at them to let us be in the room while our daughter get her cast on. I couldnt even watch, I was so heartbroken that she had to go through that and yes it was my fault for leaving her on the bed but they tried saying that we did it to her. Actually they we're blaming it all on my husband, saying he took her leg and snapped like a twig or he found a spot on her leg and drove his elbow into her leg so sickening. We had to stay overnight at the hospital with our daughter and couldnt release her until DCF approved of it. Well late the next day the DCF investigator said that she sent the x-rays out to a child abuse expert and that she said she was 99% sure that my daughters fracture did not come from falling off the bed. So DCF gave us 2 choices, 1. Find someone with no criminal background to stay with you to supervise you 2 or 2. Have her taken away. So my dad said he would stay wih us. My dad was only suppose to stay from tuesday to friday but when friday came the DCF investigator said that she hasnt heard back from the doctor so he had to stay until monday. He wasnt allowed to leave my house at all. Not even to go down to the store, he had to stay at my house and babysit us, so horrible. So monday came and they still didnt hear back from their doctor so they allowed my dad to go home. They were waiting for their child abuse doctor to say if it was 100% abuse or not. Well weeks went by without a word from DCF so I called her and she said the doc said they couldnt be 100% sure so there was nothing they could do. Now with the police, well detectives, they were just plain a-holes! They wanted my husband to take a lie detector test and everything. Our phones got shut off and the detective sent a state cop to my house to tell us to call the detective and while the cop was at my house he ran my license plates and found out that my reg was 4 days past due so he made a comment and said, I wont give you a ticket for your reg being expired. 2 days later I get pulled over and had to leave my car where I was at and have someone pick me up. They have caused us so much stress its not even funny. My husband told them he wasnt taking the lie detector test and we havent heard from them yet. So the Investigation with DCF was closed but our case is still open and now we have a case worker who said he plans on being in our lifes for at least 6 months or longer. Why????? This drives me nuts. Anyways, I got into a fight with my sister on christmas and that monday she called DCF and said that me and my husband were doing drugs and selling drugs so now we have another case open against us, or another investigation whatever so they had us take drug tests which I know we'll pass my sister is just a lying bitch and I hope she gets what she deserves. You dont do that to family and you play with peoples lifes like that. I dont think I can handle these people in my life, I would like to get back to normal and have our privacy back. I just dont understand why we have a case worker when no abuse has been proven. I feel helpless and anything I say or do they will hold it against me. I've been on Welbutrin xl since I was 18 because I have social anxiety and a little depression and im also on ambien for sleep which i've been on since I was 18 too. about 5 months ago I got on klonopin's because I was having really bad anxiety attacks daily, and the more I have to deal with this crap the worse my condition gets but I cant go to a doctor and talk to them about it cause DCF will some how find out and try to use that against me, or try to say im not mentally healthy to take care of my daughter because I've heard and read about this happening to so many people. I just want to know how I can get them out of my life now without having to do this family plan bs and have a case worker in our lifes for 6 months or longer. Ok well Im done just wanted to share my story and hope to learn alot from this site.

HappyMommyx4

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:39 pm

First of all, you are not taking Ambien with a baby sleeping in bed with you, right? If you are make sure no one knows that. I think taking Ambien with a baby in bed with you alone could be grounds to remove the child. Ambien is a controlled substance and should not be taken for more than 6 weeks. It is a benzo and is not safe to take for months or years.

There is another mom here whose child has a spiral fracture of the femur, I posted a link for her that explains possible etiology of non-abuse femur fractures. In a nutshell, the femur is the most difficult bone in the body to break and the likelihood of it breaking from a simple fall is very slim. Almost all spiral femur fractures are treated as abuse until proven otherwise. Spiral femur fractures are a HUGE red flag to any medical professional that a child is being abused. In the clinic I worked in before I had my family our policy was to report every single spiral femur fracture to DCFS regardless of how wonderful we thought the parents were.

This is the study, I would memorize the statistics in it and take it to your lawyer. The mechanism of injury for spiral femur fracture being a short fall would be incredibly hard to prove unless she hit something on the way down. Read the article, it might help you with some ideas! Good luck!

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/c ... 108/4/1009
:D

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:43 pm

Femoral fractures can be associated with vaccinations, scurvy and rickets.

Do a web search.

stiggy88

Postby stiggy88 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 am

Thank you for your response. No I dont take ambien when the baby is in bed with me, in fact I only got to sleep with her on Friday and Saturday nights cause I work 3rd shift so during the week I sleep alone and thats when I do take my ambien because I cant sleep I'll lay there for hours with my eyes shut and just wont fall asleep and if I do fall asleep im back up within an hour or two and cant go back to sleep which makes a very long night for me so the ambien works great for my sleep problem. During the weekend I dont take it cause it doesnt matter what time I fall asleep or how much sleep I get because I dont have to go to work and bust my butt all night. My bed is about 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall and we have wooden floors I also have a night stand on my side of the bed where she fell off of. I think her leg got caught in the sheet that her and her father sleep with or did sleep with because its a thick sheet that gets tangled up and I hate that sheet because of the fact that my feet also got tangled up in it and took forever to get out of it so I never slept with that sheet my husband and the baby snuggled up in it and I slept with a light blanket. Anyways, I know that we didnt break her leg I know she fell off the bed and I wish she could talk just for one day to say "mommy and daddy didnt break my leg, I rolled off the bed and got hurt." But that wont happen. It just breaks my heart when DCF trys to say that we would do something so sick and horrible to our baby.

HappyMommyx4

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I think it is important to note that the vaccination itself does not cause a spiral fracture of the femur. It is the barbaric way in which nurses are holding our children or instructing us to hold our children that has been alleged to cause fractures. Also of note, shaft fractures are slightly different than a spiral fracture. I know this because I went to college and studied orthopedics for 5 years, not because I know how to google. A vaccine (meaning a liquid being injected into the body) in and of itself does not cause a bone to fracture.

You can find some allegations with little scientific data to back them up that hypothesize that components of vaccines weaken bones or inhibit the absorption of calcium (caffeine does the same thing) which could lead to a very simple and innocent incident leading to an ominous appearing injury. Generally this information is spread on websites that promote not vaccinating children. I wish this children had to be identified in some way so that my children could avoid them as much as I avoid their parents.

"Stiggy88" stick to your convictions. You know what happened and you are sure of yourself and that is a good thing. For God's sake get advice from a lawyer (a huge amount of the information on this sight is not advised by lawyers if asked, just like every other website you have to take the good with the bad!). Get ready for the fight of your life, I know you can do it! I can only imagine how frustrated you must be. Stay positive and don't forget to take care of yourself during this trying time.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”