CPS TOOK MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE IM BLIND

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Is this discrimination?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes: 6

rick4233

CPS TOOK MY DAUGHTER BECAUSE IM BLIND

Postby rick4233 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:59 pm

I have a 5 year old daughter, and a 1 year old grandson. My 20 year old daughter was using drugs, and not working, and so on. So they came to my house to remove my grandson, because my 20 year old couldnt properly take care of him because she had a drug problem. This is all okay and i understand why they did that, BUT they also took MY 5 year old daughter, and said it was because I was a Blind Man, and because I have diabetes. BUT I have other people inside the house with me to help take care of the 5 year old. I am not the only person at the house, My girlfriend lives with me, along with my 22 year old Son, who is writing everything you see here. I have raised the child since she was born in 2003, me and my son have ALWAYS been able to take care of her with no problem, what I want to know is how they can take my 5 year old daughter, just because im a diabetic and blind

amayabrianna

Postby amayabrianna » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 pm

i dont believe that they can legally take her just for that i would look into the stae laws and contact a lawyer who has cps experience most will give free consults

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 am

What were the exact reasons that CPS gave you for taking your daughter?

Did they have a court order to remove your grandchild?

Did they have a court order to remove your daughter?

Had there been any allegations of abuse or neglect by you in the case of your daughter?

CPS can NOT legally just come in and remove a child without cause---unless it is an emergency removal which is only warranted if the child is in IMMINENT danger. Additionally, if they remove your child, they have to take you to court in their attempt to get temproary managing conservatorship. That hearing has to take place 72 hours after the removal of the child.

How long has it been since they removed your daughter?

Was your house messy or clean?

Did you have adequate food in the house?

Were there a bunch of pets in the house?

Was your daughter clean and in clean clothes?

Does your daughter have her own bed to sleep in?

Does she have a bedroom to sleep in?

Are you employed?

Are other members of your family & your girlfriend employed?

Was your grown daughter that uses drugs living in your home? If so, that could be why they removed your daughter in addition to your grandchild.

Were any drugs or drug paraphenlia (sp?) found in the home?

As bad as I think CPS is, it's hard for me to believe that they would TELL you they are removing your daughter because you are blind and diabetic. Did they really actually say that? What exactly did they say? They are too smart to say that.

CPS can not legally remove your daughter SOLELY based on the fact that you are blind and diabetic.

Please give us more information.

Oh! Where is your daughter now? Where is your grandchild? Are they in foster care? Do you have any family they can stay with? Legally, CPS has to first try to place them with family---that is called Kinship Care.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”