Where are they now

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

manytears

Where are they now

Postby manytears » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:18 pm

My husband and I after spending thousands of dollars on attorney fees lost our grandbabies to a cps approved adoption. The foster adoptive mom does not want us to see them. She has our telephone number and she says she will call us and give us a yearly report she also told us that she has changed their first and last names. I don't know how that is in the best interest of the children? What can I do this woman is very controlling. When we were allowed to see them she would not live their side for an instant. Is there anything I can do, to at least see them or talk to them?
grandmother many tears
The tears will stop when they come home

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 pm

In some states, grandparent visitation survives adoption; even stranger adoption. It is not an easy road to pursue but it has been done.

The key is; does your state have legislation for grandparent visitation post adoption?

NY does. I am not sure what other states may have this statutory option.

tossthekitty

Postby tossthekitty » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:47 am

That is so horrifying to read - :(

Shakes my faith to zero ...

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:30 pm

I am so sorry. I wish that something could be done to protect people against these injustices.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Mema

Postby Mema » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:47 pm

There is something that can be done, always. People in this place need to start fighting back by strengthening parents, grandparents and loved ones involved. We need to become advocates, speakers and voices for families and children being destroyed for the almighty dollar. Sharing what we learn is a crucial step for the parents behind us. All of us grandparents and parents need to reach out in our communities and find the ones that are now in our shoes and support them and teach them all we know. We cannot sit back reading all the horror stories, getting emotionally stressed without taking action and say why. These stories are all traumatizing to us that care. We feel powerless to help. We don't have to. We can decide to do something. Can you imagine if every parent, grandparent and relative of these horror stories stood all in one place? We far out number all our lawmakers yet there is no change. Change is up to those of us that decide to do something, anything and everything. I just read a story on how our fore fathers DID something like the Boston tea party, action not words. They risked their lives for change. I am not advocating for us to go risking our lives but if each one of us reaches out to one person now in our shoes, the fight would become harder for the system. How long did it take each one of us to find this site? I know it took me forever to find the important information on here always distracted by the stories alone.
Manytears is fighting back now. Because I have been there, done that and now share what I learned, someone else has the hope of seeing her grandchildren. We must remember when we were so naive to the system, we didn't know how to fight til it was too late cause they had the upper hand already. Imagine how many people you could teach just sitting in family court one day a month or week. Or better yet outside the CPS office. How many of us have signed petition after petition or written our congressmen and senators for the Parents Rights Amendment? Certainly not enough of us.
Please, don't feel helpless to this corrupted system cause there is so much any of us can do.
Mema <a href=http://www.squidoo.com/by_the_book_reform>STOP Child Protective Corruption Ulster County N.Y.</a>

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”