Son taken due to false reports

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

melalex

Son taken due to false reports

Postby melalex » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:20 pm

I am glad to find this site and know there are many others going through the same things I am going through and others that are aware of the corruption in DCF/CPS (I am in CT & in CT it is called DCF). My son was taken shortly after he was born and DCF has continued to keep my son for almost 2 years based on false reports that my son's father is abusive, even though they have absolutely nothing to back this up. One DCF worker (Meg Michaels) has even claimed and put into reports that she has seen me beat up and that I told her my son's father did it! My son's father has never been abusive in any way, and despite me telling everyone this, the court chooses to believe this worker simply because she is a DCF worker and it is therefore assumed that she would not lie. Although it is the worst lie they have told, it is only one of many. I have learned that DCF is not only very dishonest with parents, but they also stand right in court and lie directly to the judge.They will tell anyone anything in an attempt to reach a desired end result, no matter who they harm in the process. They have absolutely NO RESPECT for any laws. I am appalled by the incompetence and corruption by DCF that I have became aware of over the last 2 years. And I am further appalled that they continue to get away with it.Something really needs to be done to stop CPS/DCF's constant abuse of authority and their corrupt behavior. My son has spent the first 2 years of his life in a foster home due to this abuse of authority and corruption.

melalex

Son taken based on false reports

Postby melalex » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm

I'd also like to add that DCF tried to insist that I attend domestic violence services which I could not do because there is no domestic violence issue. They then claimed that I was being noncompliant due to not addressing an issue that can not be addressed because it does not exist. I am no longer with my son's father and they still do not want to give my son back.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Where is your lawyer in all this?

File objections, corrections and motions with the court, having a copy for all parties involved. See the main page of this forum.

Mema

Postby Mema » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 am

Denial is such a tricky thing with these case workers. Damned if you do damned if you don't but the burden of proof is legally on them. Did they find neglect or did you plead guilty? There is case law that cps cannot remove a child from the victim of domestic abuse. The case law is in New York but can be used to show it is not healthy for the child. Your case may have done better in appeals court where the case law has more impact. I responded to one of your other posts saying you should discuss filing a return then appealing it. You can file papers on your own but the attorney seems to resent you after so the best strategy I have found is to draw up the papers and a written request for your attorney to look them over. correct if needed and file on your behalf. Good luck and God bless
Mema <a href=http://www.squidoo.com/by_the_book_reform>STOP Child Protective Corruption Ulster County N.Y.</a>

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I have been through the entire we are telling the truth thing even if they are not. Their words are most definitely golden so they like to think. I did everything in my power to prove myself to the courts, but what was against me the entire time is not only did I have no money but I had no power. I hope that your ending result is better then mine.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”