quick question plz help

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CrystalLKeeton

quick question plz help

Postby CrystalLKeeton » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:55 am

I am a new mother and cps hae left a card on my door already.
I am no stranger to this case worker because when I was 12 yrs old i got put in foster care for a year. It was a nightmare. But i have been accused of drug abuse around my child and when he was born. I have signed a release form for her to look at my medical history from when my son was born and see that my son had no drugs in his system. I voluntarily did a drug screen for her. I am perscribed to a controlled substance and now she wants to count my pills. Do i have the right to refuse this. She said if i refuse and don't show them by the end of today then shes contacting the prosecutors office. I just feel as if now she insulting my intelligence and just picking on me because of my past. I just don't know if i should just let her count them so maybe my case will get closed or should i challenge her for trying to violate my rights. If i have the right to refuse this. Please let me know what u guys think soon. I just don't want to mess up by talking to her to much and i don't want to mess up by refusing to cooperate. Im just getting sick of her harassing me and trying to control my life. :( :(

tuckmanmommy

well

Postby tuckmanmommy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:37 pm

the best advice i can give you is to contact an attorney asap and ask their advice, but until then if your not under threat of your child being taken away immediatley, tell the CPS worker that you have hired and attorney and they request that the CPS worker speak with them before talking to you. Its a basic right, you have the right to an attorney. There are lots of attorneys that can just answer questions like this for you. Sorry if its too late to help, I just moved to help fight my own twisted CPS battle so i havent been here in awhile. I hope it all works out for you....

Michael

What was the result of your drug test?

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:12 am

If you only tested positive for your prescription medication I do not understand why the worker is wanting to count pills.

CrystalLKeeton

me either

Postby CrystalLKeeton » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:28 am

I dont understand it either but im prolly just gonna show them to her today so shel quit bugging me i ust feel as if its rediculous shes a horrible case worker i just want her outamy life soo bad hopefully when i show her my pills shel close this case. she really has no reasoni know of to keepit open. I hope at least

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:32 am

Please keep a diary a=of everything that is happening. If possible have a witness whenever you deal with the caseworker.

When she counts your pills, have her sign a statement that the pills were counted etc.

Document everything and find a lawyer or law clinic.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:55 pm

For future reference (given it is a pain--but all the while beneficial) make sure that you keep all documentation at all times. Also, if it makes you feel better (like with whether there are the right amount of pills or not) then take pics of the name of the medication on the prescription label, how many there are per bottle, what the date was it was filled, and then show how many pills are in the bottle and you can even write it out on the picture. I know that sounds a bit extreme, but you have to make sure that you have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted. There have been many things in my case where they basically just stiffed me and I had no choice but to just deal with it. I messed up by not documenting enough until it was too late.

What happened that day???
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”