Getting Messed around by CPS

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mstolz2020

Getting Messed around by CPS

Postby mstolz2020 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:11 am

Hi
:x I live in Texas and have had a CPS since my child was born. I was cleared on my end,but due to suspicious behavior of the father(which is completly bogus) they left it open. He did his time in jail for petty crimes and I went to a mother-child care unit on my own to better myself. I still had my son,but had more freedom because even though I was still on a safety plan was able to be alone with him and care for him w/o people around me 25/7. Onlky making the bonding time with him bitter sweet. Well the case was going to be closed and I was so happy,but was not going to just run off with my baby of 5/2 months. I had plans to go to school. My mother being the Mrs. fix-it-all called CPS back up and told them before I came out there I was involved with a man and asked them to look up his record. Mind you my son had never been around this man and after coming out there was put on a probation period for 90 days where you are unable to leave campus.
My case worker came out to my home at the time, cussing me out in front of my son telling me in her own words what a idiot I was for being around this person. She wanted to take hime off to a foster home,but I called my family. There was no reason for her to do all of that. Alot of moms go out there to get their children back. My mom just thought they would "keep the case open",but instead they blew everything out of the water. Now I am being investigated...instead of them investigating first,then taking him away. Even though my mother was very wrong for what she did, she is now on my side, and never dreamed they would do what they did. I am going to do everything in my power to fight this. Its possible this could all go to court. For what? Alligations? They have no proof. They said I knew about his record. NOt true. THey are building my case all over the fact that I was associated with this person. Yet I had been out at that home,very happy things were looking up,trying my best. She even put that I was a negletful mother for not taking him to the doctor right away. Before she even came out I made a doctor's appiontment for him. No one,but me ,had cause for concern about his runny nose. I suspected he had a sinus infection. I was right. Anyway its just very sickening. This woman doesn't even have children.
If anyone has any suggestions,similar stories,or anything you want to say please do. I love my son very much. I have been taking him to a Mommy and me gymnastics class on Fridays. If CPS only knew.
Marianne

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:43 pm

If you have not gone to court, you must be under a "Safety Plan."

Did you sign a Safety Plan? I so, did you get a copy of it? Safety Plans are "voluntary." You may still have "legal custody" of your child.

Who has "physical custody" of your child now?

What are the visitation arrangements?

If you have been told not to visit your child, it may be a trick to accuse you of abandoning him.

If he is OK where he is, then you may have to ride it out. That is better than foster care and the Foster Care timeline where Child Welfare has to petition the court for Temination of Parental Rights.

On the other hand, if he is not alright where he is, then that is an excuse for Child Welfare to put him in foster care, and voluntary placement with a relative during the "Reasonable Efforts to Prevent removal" phase allows the judge to check the box for Reasonable Efforts, thereby getting the federal money for everybody.

Keep us posted. Welcome to the site.

mstolz2020

CPS

Postby mstolz2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you so much for replying. My son has been placed with his great-grandmother of 62. I am over there just about everyday faithfully doing what must be done to take care of my son. I am not allowed to stay over night with him. This is very hard for me. I've been waking up,jumping to a baby for feeding and nurturing who isn't even there. I have all my family on my side in my corner being a pretty good support system. The things that are being said are so bogus. I haven't even been charged with anything,no police involvement,and defenitly no convictions.
Yes so the safety plan I did agree to because I thought I had to or they would not let my family take him and being the result take him into foster care. My mother,grandparents,aunt and uncle,and his great grandmother are all on the safety plan. As long as they have clean backgrounds and our family am I able to add as many that will help with the situation? What about close friends?
Is there anyway to amend the safety plan? How long do they generally have if you are fully cooperating with CPS and there is no cause for concern? Right now there is a CPS investigator doing her little investigation. I have a feeling even if they don't dig up anything they are still going to keep the case open. I can't even take my own son to the grocery store and be a proud mom without having him on a safety plan. Yet I count my blessing because I still have him. Its just frusturating.
Overwhelmed-Marianne

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Read all you can on Safety Plans:

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=4691

Search the internet for:

"Safety Plan" + child +court + opinion

Cheryl

Postby Cheryl » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:24 pm

Your case is EXAACTLY how it happened to my daughter!!!!!!!! A safety plan would keep the kids with family...ALL 17 of us that were spotlessly clean in all ways possible. All kinds of visitation, restricting overnights, no charges, no police, no nothing...yet they kept the case open for 17 months while CPS continually lied, went to court behind the entire voluntary families back and created new reasons weekly to keep the family apart.

We a re a huge tight-knit family and CPS still tried as hard as they could to tear us apart. They almost got their way.

It was about keeping the kids in their system for 24 months so they could foster-adopt them for hundreds of thousands of dollars payable to this state!!!

You are right to worry...I won't sugar coat it. Work harder than you ever have and be sure that each family volunteer does the same. That they know their laws and they attend every meeting and court date right along your side.

If it is CPS intent to terminate our rights, the only chance your parents (the grandparents have) is to show the judge a consistent relationship with the kids that should not be broken.

CPS wins when your entire family crumbles. DON'T LET YOUR SUPPORT CRUMBLE!!! Do not let them divide and conquer!

We have our grandkids after 17 months of perpetual excuses, a TPR hearing and 2 foster adopt parents gladly willing to raise our 4 grandbabies for $957 per month each!

We stuck together. It was almost lost so many times.

littleplanet

Re:

Postby littleplanet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:14 pm

Cheryl wrote:Your case is EXAACTLY how it happened to my daughter!!!!!!!! A safety plan would keep the kids with family...ALL 17 of us that were spotlessly clean in all ways possible. All kinds of visitation, restricting overnights, no charges, no police, no nothing...yet they kept the case open for 17 months while CPS continually lied, went to court behind the entire voluntary families back and created new reasons weekly to keep the family apart.

We a re a huge tight-knit family and CPS still tried as hard as they could to tear us apart. They almost got their way.

It was about keeping the kids in their system for 24 months so they could foster-adopt them for hundreds of thousands of dollars payable to this state!!!

You are right to worry...I won't sugar coat it. Work harder than you ever have and be sure that each family volunteer does the same. That they know their laws and they attend every meeting and court date right along your side.

If it is CPS intent to terminate our rights, the only chance your parents (the grandparents have) is to show the judge a consistent relationship with the kids that should not be broken.

CPS wins when your entire family crumbles. DON'T LET YOUR SUPPORT CRUMBLE!!! Do not let them divide and conquer!

We have our grandkids after 17 months of perpetual excuses, a TPR hearing and 2 foster adopt parents gladly willing to raise our 4 grandbabies for $957 per month each!

We stuck together. It was almost lost so many times.

4 grand?
So that's how the hawgs line up at the trough....
(and why they'll throw everything into it but the kitchen sink for 17 months?)
I admire the way you spell this out free & clear - (along with the assorted hundreds of thousands)
No doubt - this is why they target so many families who don't have the strength and resources yours has.
(but they wouldn't have necessarily known that when they started, would they?)
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”