Psychiatric and psycological eval?

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

madmommieof3

Psychiatric and psycological eval?

Postby madmommieof3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm

I am to under go both of these evals. (dyfs is setting up the docters to do them) what should I know. they told me they've never seen one come back with out some sort of referall (at least for councling) Im terrified.
Fighting with all my heart and soal to get my son home where he belongs

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:56 am

of course they dont see them ..especially when its THEIR doctor they are sending you to. Pay for it yourself to get them done, or check and see if your insurance will cover it. They social workers call THEIR doctor ahead of time, tell them why you are going,what they want to see happen and 'poof' thats what happens. Its a biased opinion when you go in there, and the decision as to what sort of referals will be made, have been made before you even get there, you are just the only one that doesnt know it yet.

babydsmom

Postby babydsmom » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 pm

I have to do a psych eval too. I am trying to find an unbiased doctor to take the test. I don't know where to look.

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:11 am

I would like to add that no matter how perfect you think you are the test will come back with something. It may not be what CPS was hoping for so they will find something that's why they use them in nearly all cases.

CPS wanted me to have testing to see whether I am capable of abusing. I passed all but one of the tests including the abuser test. The test I was borderline on was I was considered strict. I guess because I didn't allow my children to play in the street and have a curfew made me a monster. CPS used this against me and kept my kids from me a couple more months because I had rules for my children.

Definitely get your own doctor and don't let them have any info about your case or get any info from CPS.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”