SERVICES DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN WENT VOLUNTARILY TO CYS

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

siennamatt

SERVICES DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN WENT VOLUNTARILY TO CYS

Postby siennamatt » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:08 am

I need help! i wernt voluntarily to cys in Lancaster, Pa..Due to circumtances, I had to move to Phila.. and i been here since nov of 09..My son has cerebral palsy and i asked several times to have this case transferred! i been told by my caseworker, cys don't do it cause of funds..the judge told me, It's about money..money money money!!!!!! I DID THIS fo rmy son cause i lost my home to a foreclosure and my car to na repo!!anywya, I lost job! been looking for work nothin so far..Services..My caseworker nknows i have hardship getting to Lancaster..cys did give me train tickets to get to lancaster, but I have no way to get to courthearings,visits,etc...when i arrive at the station and i have no way back to the station..i find out cys has a case aid..a year later i find this out..i wrote my caseworker a letter stating to my caseworker if they want me to find employment, have my own housing, etc...cys need to give me the appropriate and reliable services...Their not!!!!! what do i do here! they know they have me cause i live in phila.. nand my son is in lancaster which is 4hrs total away!! Can someone please tell me what the right services are and can another county like Phila.. give me family based services??? I was told Lancaster can't give me family based services cause i don't reside there. it's ridiculus... My son needs to come home./. by the way,, i live with my dad..My fathers home is safe and maintained, but yet i got to have my own housing???? nmakes no sense..someone please help me! thank you!

MaggieC

Re: SERVICES DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN WENT VOLUNTARILY TO CY

Postby MaggieC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:23 pm

I am not well-versed or versed at all in PA statutes but maybe, just, maybe as you voluntarily gave your child to temporary CPS care, you may have more recourse than those who have had their children taken by CPS.

I strongly suggest that you seek out an attorney. If you can afford a private attorney (most can't as the retainers are quite high), then hire same.

But, as you are in Philly, you may have a host of legal clinics available to you. Contact U of Penn, Villa Nova, etc. Call them all. Also, call any and all organizations who support children with CP. They may be your greatest allies.

Just recently, a couple in MO had their infant child removed by CPS by virtue that the parents were legaly blind. Advocates for the blind stepped in and the child was returned.

Stay strong.

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:16 pm

You know whats more stanger!!!!!!!!! I was a foster mother caring for medically fragile infants in 07..The agency i worked for was Children's Home Society in Trenton, NJ.!! Even though i was a foster mother that isn't helping me and I went voluntarily to CYS!!!!!!!!!!!YEa to help my child!!!!I'm be treated like this. i can say one thing, I did not dedicate my life for 12yrs to my son and get him to health to let these cys monsters destroy my Matthew! I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN! I worked to hard with Matthew!!!!!!!!!! I seen corruption when i was a foster mother, but not like what is happening to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:51 pm

It is nearly impossible to fight this on your own. Please, seek out University law clinics, advocates for CP, anyone such as these who will stand in your corner.

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 am

I know it is impossible to fight it on my own. I did call around to the universities for legal assistance, but Most that i called are telling me that Lancaster appointed me court appointed attorney..That i have to use Lancasters attorney. Well i did have a public defender and If anything, that lawyer is in cohoots with the judge, guardin ad litem, etc...ME living 2 hours away, It's very had for me to get up and file for another attny. I have fired the public defender that was appointed to me. Can Lancaster transfer my son's case to Phila? cys told me it won't be transferred because of money. cys won't give me the proper services that i need to accomplish my plan, because cys knows they have me. why. i live total 4hrs away.Is there anyway i could post the pictures of my son's neglect to this site?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

To upload photos or documents, click on "upload attachment" which is right under the "submit" button when you're writing a message.

I'd file for a state administrative hearing - to have the state's Administrative Law Judge review the case and the reasons why the caseworkers won't (1) return your son, (2) allow for a reunification plan, or (3) transfer the case to the county where you reside.

To prepare for a hearing you need to know all the state social services regulations. You can find them at your county law library. Take notes on any regulations they are violating, then use these regulations in a statement you'll write for the hearing. You can attach photocopies of the violated regulations to your statement.

You don't need an attorney at the hearing, but you can bring one, and any other person you need as a witness or authorized representative.

Here in California the regulations for "voluntary relinquishment" cases are different than those for child abuse and neglect detentions. Check your state's child welfare laws and regulations to see if a distinction is made.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

face.jpg
face.jpg (6.06 KiB) Viewed 3658 times
Attachments
bones back.jpg
Matthew with his skeletor back.
bones back.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 3658 times

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Ok here are a few more pictures. Can u tell me what you think someone?
Attachments
sores.jpg
sores i found on Matthew's back.
sores.jpg (10.48 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
knee.jpg
sore on his knee from the foster mother letting Matthew crawl on a cement floor.
knee.jpg (1.76 KiB) Viewed 3656 times
foot.jpg
Matthew's foot after i took his moffo off. swollen, indentation & disfigurement.
foot.jpg (3.95 KiB) Viewed 3656 times

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm

We had a woman on here a couple of years ago who complained of abuse in foster care in our state. I emailed the state office, and they said to call law enforcement.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 pm

You might try having a Philly atty petition the Lancaster Court for a change of venue.

If the Universities won't help, look for law clinics in Philly. Explain your problem that you need the case transferred. Obviously this can't be done by the Lancaster atty.

Also, please try to seek out advocates for CP. Many of these groups have attorneys assisting individuals.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 pm

The one resaon I can think of offhand to be cited in the petition, is the hardship imposed regarding visitation of your son.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Try calling this office:

Mayor's Commission On People With Disabilities
Philadelphia, pa 19102-
Phone: (215) 686-2798

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 am

I've tried everything. NOw, i'm sending my letter out to the ombudsman and the evidence my pictures. THen i'm writing a letter to the legislator. I tried to contact many lawyers and alot do not want to deal with this case! I'm a fighter and i'll be damed if i'm going to allow this to happen. let them try to take away my rights. cys will go to federal court!!! one thing about me is that i'm very persistent and determined. cys will be held accountable!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:44 am

Persistence and determination are key qualities in achieving success! I am so happy to hear you're willing to do what it takes to get your son back home to safety, where he is loved.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:45 am

Does anyone know if CPS can give the foster parent a copy of our court orders or permanency plan to the fosterparent?
I was a fosterparent in NJ in 07 and I didn't get any copies of court orders, etc... I'm furious, becaue that is my privacy!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

Every state is different; you can find out by reading your state's social services regulations. They will probably be available at your county law library.
Sample Document Library

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 am

Thank You! :)

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 am

I should have mentioned - you might also be able to find them online...

There used to be a website that had links to all the state social service regulations, but the site is down now.
Sample Document Library

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:26 am

Yes. I have been searching online.Thank You!

siennamatt

O THE HEAT IS UP.

Postby siennamatt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 am

hELLO. I haven't been on here too busy fighting lancaster, pa to get my son home. Now that i have been trying to record them and i been sending them letters challenging them. Cys is cutting my visits with my son and i live in phila. a total of 4hrs away. They will not transport me to the visits or court hearings, but they have been! Yet cys has a case aid. This all because of me recording and challenging cys with my letters. I ask my caseworker to please answer my letters or if he is going to deny to respond to the letters please put it in writing. Every letter i have sent my caseworker , he has not responded to any of them!! My caseworker told me he does not want to be recorded and i have that on tape. Yet when i called him back without the recorder he talked his lies! next day after the recording that's when he told me the agency will not transport me anymore to visits! wow cys really wants me to succeed! what should i do? I WENT TO THEM FOR HELP! AMAZING! Please i need advice! Thank YOu :(

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Is there any way you can move closer to wherever your child is, so you won't have the distance to travel?

If state regulations say they should be providing transportation, you may have cause for a state administrative hearing. If your caseworker won't respond and is restricting you (especially if this is against whatever the court order states, you could file for that hearing so he'll have to prove some kind of accountability for his actions and non-actions.

How long has your child been in custody?
Sample Document Library

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:29 am

I don't have any family in Lancaster. I'm stuck in Philadelphia! I have been fighting for my son since june of 09. I would of never went to cys for help if i knew this was going to happen! I'm an ex fostermother for children's home society in new jersey! I'm not going to stop rocking the boat and challenging them!

siennamatt

Postby siennamatt » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:38 am

What do i specifically look for when i go to Pennsylvania's regulations. what should i type in the search. I have been on the Pennsylania code and i really don't know what to look for. transporting for cps?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:37 pm

siennamatt wrote:What do i specifically look for when i go to Pennsylvania's regulations. what should i type in the search. I have been on the Pennsylania code and i really don't know what to look for. transporting for cps?

Look for the CPS regulations for your state and read the entire thing!
Sample Document Library

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Call the ACLU. They are handling the bagel mom case in PA, wherein, a young mother who ate a sesame seed bagel tested positive for opiates and the child was removed. BTW, anyone who has had one HS biology course knows that sesame seeds create false positive opiate results.

Apparently, the ACLU in PA does handle CPS cases unlike other states.

Call your local ACLU office now. Mention the bagel mom. Mention your disability.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”