FURIOUS - DISTRAUGHT - NANNA

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sandrashonk

FURIOUS - DISTRAUGHT - NANNA

Postby sandrashonk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 am

My two grandsons ages 2 and 3 were removed from their home on May 28, 2010 by the way of a falsified emergency pick-up order. Tricia of Catholic Charities-KCMO together with Ashley of Dragnet deliberately tampered with the hair samples of my two grandsons to substantiate their actions. They were immediately placed in a foster home. A relative caregiver wasnt even considered for placement. To make matters worse, Tricia of Catholic Charities moved the two children into another foster home since then without notifying ANYBODY, We are not being provided the court ordered visitation. We have not been able to see the two boys for four months now. Not even the parents! The therapist for play therapy for these two children have documented that they are having a very difficult time adjusting to not being able to see their mother, that the three (now 4yo) is furious at not being able to go home to mommy and daddy. She also documented that he has symptoms of post traumatic stress syndrome and that he needs to see his mother. Ayden just turned 4yo on the 2nd of September, and we werent even allowed a phone call to him. Meghan Lowry of Catholic Charities informed my family that Ayden had suffered a "meltdown". The 2yo is said to have Frequent crying spells and is not cosolable.Which in turn gets Ayden crying. Zachary is now recieving play therapy also. Ayden and Zachary are being subjected to serious emotional distress. The mandated services that are pre-requites to family reunification is not being made available to my family, although reunification is the goal and has been court ordered. However, as usual, Catholic Charities is defying court orders because she has her own agenda which is adoption. Our case has been rescheduled thirteen times in the past year. No motions have been ruled on by the commissioner. Our case was set for trial on July 23, 2010, and was postponed until October 05, 2010. This time far exceeds timelines for adjudication. Then our most recent event is the motions from the attorneys for both parents to withdraw from this case. My family has suffered an enormous injustice. I miss my two grandsons horribly. They were my purpose, my reason for living. mY Daughter and I say good morning babies, I love you and miss you, have a good day, every morning and we say goodnight babies, sleep tight, Nanna and Mama loves and misses you, every night, and we promise them that we wont stop fighting until they come home where they belong, as we look at their pictures and cry. I am so afraid that we are going to loose them now forever and it is going to kill me. We have missed out on so much of their tender precious years. And we are not going to get that time back. I worry about them constantly, are they happy? Are they Hungry? How is their emotional stability? How are they feeling? They both have severe asthma. We have filed grievances, no body cares! We are treated rudely, harrassed and made to feel inferior due to their abuse of power. We had our third grievance meeting last week with the attorney for Catholic Charities, and of course they are refusing to change anything!
CAN ANYBODY HELP US? TIME IS RUNNING OUT! PLEASE???? We are less than a week away from the six month mark of no contact with the children, due to no fault of our own. We are told that they can TPR at that point for abondonment.... Is this true??? Please help us!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by sandrashonk on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONESOME NANNA

LindaJM

Re: Furious distraught Nanna

Postby LindaJM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:32 am

Nanna, where are you? Canada? Which state uses Catholic Charities..?? I don't know.

I would file for a state administrative hearing about (1) visitations and (2) violation of kinship care rights... this is available in every US state; I don't know about Canada, if this is a Canada case.

How long have the children been in foster care?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:28 pm

If you are in a position to care for the children yourself, you can file a petition for custody and guardianship directly with the juvenile court. Call the Clerk of the Court and ask how you can get a form and where to file it, and the fee. If the judge denies it at a hearing, you can appeal within the time limit.

sandrashonk

Postby sandrashonk » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi, thanks for responding. We live in Kansas City, Missouri. we have filed petitions for visitation and relative kinship care. The commissioner isnt ruling or acknowledging anything from us or our attorneys. In fact we dont even get to go back to court for adjudication that is long overdue until October 5, 2010. My daughter recently attempted to reach the commissioner byhelrself by way of email and was successful in getting the information there, however the response back from the commissioner was not a very positive one. Infact it was quite hateful and informed my daughter that it was inappropropraite for her to have done so. That she should have sent it to her attorney and let them decide eith the JO and GAL wether it needed to be maaade availabel for her review. We all know where that is going to go. My daughter tried to explain her reasoning for having taken this step, that she had had no cooperation from her attorney or from the JO or GAL. We believe that the resaon for all of this BS is in retaliation for us having exposed some potentially serious practice patterns. Not to mention the violation of Constitututional Rights, etc. Our little boys are seriously being made to suffer needlessly. I feel so helpless and do not know where else to turn, what to do, or what to say tp make this nightmare stop, especially the emotional harm that is being inflicted upon these two very young innocent little boys,. My fear is that I am never going to get to see them again. They were my purpose for living, my reason for getting out of bed everyday. Now I feel heavy hearted and have this huge void. I say good night babies, sleep tight, Nanna loves you evry night and good morning babies, have a good day, I Llove you and miss you every morning as I look at their pictures and cry. They were picked on MAY 28, 2010. we found out this week that both of the attorneys for the parents are filing motions to withdraw from the case immediately. I am just beside myself with worry. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
LONESOME NANNA

sandrashonk

Re: FURIOUS - DISTRAUGHT - NANNA

Postby sandrashonk » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, and yeah and for the huggggggs! Cant ever get enough of those, can we?
Each day that goes by without resolution to even one of our issues is very very disheartning, and I am beginning to believe that noone is going to do anything to help us stop this maddness. We got word that the family that our boys are with have a weekend regime of bike riding as recreation and for family time. The problem is was that our little guys didnt have bikes so they did not get to participate in the festivities. The good lord sent this information to us by way of an angel. There are a FEW good people let in the Child Welfare System that tries to do just that! Thank you dear, you know who you are, we love and appreciate you more than you know. Anyhow, the boy's Mother and I bought each one of our little guys brand new bicycles and they were delivered to them this morning and we are told that the smiles on their faces could of lit up the world! Now, they can feel like they belong. Praise the Lord. God is good, all the time God is good! Sometimes we forget that when we dont understand what is wrong, but he is watching over our babies.

We were supposed to have put that money down on our house today, guess it wasnt meant for us to buy that one, huh? I believe that everything happens for a reason, so be it. Anyway please pray for my family. We are quickly approaching the six month mark this week of no visits due to no fault of our own. We are told that the court can TPR at that point for abondonment, I pray to god that this isnt true.

God bless each one of you and your families, and thanks again.
LONESOME NANNA

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm

we found out this week that both of the attorneys for the parents are filing motions to withdraw from the case immediately. I am just beside myself with worry. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Did they file their motions?
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

sandrashonk

Postby sandrashonk » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes, I am afraid that they did and our trial date is set for October 5, 2010, and we are five days away from no visitatation with the boys being the six month mark of no contact due to no fault of our own, just due to CC's interpretation of the court orders that they keep changing to their advantage of course with malicious intent and being pissed off because of our efforts to exercise our rights, not that it got us anywhere. It is impossible to get an attorney even if we could at this short notice that would be prepared for trial. It looks pretty hopeless. I feel like I have let my precious grandsons down in the worse way, because each day as I kiss their faces in my pictures, . I promise them that I am coming to get them, and I am not. I am just beside myself with grief, anguish and pain. There arent any more tears left to cry. But thanks for asking.
LONESOME NANNA

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Did you file for an administrative hearing?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

sandrashonk

Postby sandrashonk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:08 am

Status Update. Hi, sorry that I havent replied to anyone. Havent been doing too much communicating of late with anybody.
I felt the need tp lock mysef in my bedroom for a bit. It was better for everyone that way. Our trial date of 10/05 has once again been reset until Feb 2011. Can you believe that crap?
LONESOME NANNA

sandrashonk

Postby sandrashonk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:29 am

STATUS UPDATE: Hi everyone. I apologize for not posting replies to your responses. Ive not been communicating very much of late with anybody.I felt the overwhelming need to lock myself in my bedroom for a bit. It was better for all concerned, know what I mean? Anyway, our trial date of 10/05 once again got reset until Feb 2011! Can you believe that crap? Nine months after the boys were unlawfully removed from the home, by way of the deliberately constructed, falsified "emergency pick-up order" that was generated by Tricia of Catholic Charities- KC. We have now had 13 continuances. The reason this time was because of no legal representation for either parent. Not that they did much good anyway, unless my daughter, the boys mother or I did the leg work for the atty and forwarded it to him. We have done a lot of this. I would never want to be an attorney! I would however, consider lobbying and/or advocating for other families somewhere down the line. God knows I have spent a million hours researching. Not much more than that has changed. We had a mockery FST so that hey could tell us that they had obtained a "court order" for no visitation "in the best interest of the children" BS! The therapist has documented that my oldest grandson now 4yo is not coping well to this parental separation and demands to go home. She had also documented that he shows signs of post-traumatic stress syndrome. I can only imagine. So five more long months with no visits. Looks pretty bleak. Not much more to say. Yes I have started an administrative review. That will just piss them off some more. Oh well, what more can they do? Take my babies? They already have.........
LONESOME NANNA

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 am

I hope the administrative hearing will help. Have you read your state's social services regulations? If they are breaking any regulations you can bring that up at the hearing.
Sample Document Library

sandrashonk

Postby sandrashonk » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks, we too pray that some good will result from the Administrative Hearing. I have been reading alot about how to represent yourself and I am going to give it my best shot. From what I understand it can be a very lenghty process. I just hope that I do everything right and hit all of the points correctly that apply. I also understand that you only get one shot at presenting all of your evidence/facts, is that true? Iis kina scary because I do not want to miss anything and have to live with myself for the rest of my life knowing that I could have made a difference, but instead screwed it up. Know what I mean? We have filed grievances, complaints had mediation meetings , been given case id numbers, the works. The Council on Accreditation even accepted our request, gave us a case file number and told us from that point on we were protected by them, whatever that means. But still no changes have been made and that was in June. My family has been the victims of discrimination, harrassment, prefferential treatment, conflict of interest, intimidation etc... for the sole reason of retailation for having exposed their unethical and unlawful misconduct and their poor practice policy patterns and the violations of their own state policies and regulations and for ignoring court orders for visitation and reunification. Just to name a few.
We just dont understand, we are told from Office of Inspector General and Office for Civil Rights that we are being violated but nobody is doing anything about it. We have also written to the media, I just dont know! Nobody wants to get involved! What do we do? Any suggestions for the Administrative Hearing? Any suggestions that you might be able to offer would be most appreciated. Thanks. Talk soon.
LONESOME NANNA

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”