Screwed over in Northeast Pa

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

Re: Screwed over in Northeast Pa

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:45 am

So... in juvenile court, did you sign papers or did you have a trial?

Is your husband being charged in criminal court?

Things to do to get your son back (just sharing some ideas - remember, I'm not a lawyer)..

1. Do everything on the court-ordered reunification plan as soon as possible.
2. Write a legal declaration telling your side of the story with NO self-incriminating statements.
3. Write 'Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker' if there were misrepresentations in the court report. It may be too late already, but you will want to do this before the next hearing.

It isn't likely that they'll be able to adopt out a 12yo boy. More likely, you'll get him back home at some point. Keep the faith and work the case.

Remember, caseworkers don't make the final decision. The judge does, and that's the person you're working to impress.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 am

Hi, I just re-read your entire thread.

Your hearing on the 20th is for juvenile court? Is this the first time you've been there? If so, it sounds like the caseworker is filing for state custody. If you sign any kind of guilty plea in court you will be locked into their "services" for many months to come.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:10 am

tigress1167 wrote:my sister got this letter in the mail... any thoughts?

Dear (Name omitted)
I am writing to inform you that your case at Luzerne County Children and Youth Services has been closed at the intake level.
The allegations concerning Morgan and Sabrina Holevinski have been determined to be INDICATED. You will be receiving a letter from Harrisburg regarding this determination
ANY APPEAL BY THE PERPETRATOR OF A CONFIRMED CHILDR ABUSE REPORT MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WELFARE AND EXPLAIN WHY HE/SHE DISAGREES WITH THE FINDINGS IN THE CHILD ABUSE REPORT. tHE LETTER MUST BE POSTMARKED WITHIN 45 DAYS FROM THE MAILING DATE OF THE CHILDLINE NOTICE THAT THE PERPETRATOR RECIEVED FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WELFARE 55 PA CODE 3490.40

Your sister's name has been placed in the Central Index. This is a blacklist that will keep her from ever being able to get jobs in which she would have contact with children. If she doesn't agree with the indicated status and wants her name off the list, she'll need to file that appeal.
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:22 am

So... at the court hearing they're going to tell the judge they want a court order for you to get counseling (etc?) but your son will be returned to your home? Is that what you expect to happen?
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm

How much of the reunification plan have you completed? Is your social worker doing what she's supposed to do - in getting referrals to you so you can complete the plan?
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 am

That's a lightweight reunification plan! Good! Most people also have to go to parenting classes, counseling, and drug testing (whether they were using drugs or not).

So when is your next court date? If you can get this psychological evaluation out of the way before then maybe you will get your son back. (Let's hope!)
Sample Document Library

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 am

HUGE CHEERS!!!
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:12 pm

I love your posts........everytime I read them all I can think of is "go get'em Tiger"!

As far as the relatives Colty could get his own lawyer right now and begin a law suit against cps and relatives. Our granddaughter is preparing her case now and back stabbing relatives are included.

The lawyer and cps told us we had to shut down our site; we were on a medical site and the therapist gave them my daughter's password. They told the judge and he said we didn't have to it was our constitutional right to state our side of the story. And as long as we were stating facts, which we were, we had every right to leave it up.

Go get'em Tiger
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:29 pm

If you get a childrens lawyer you don't have to pay up front if the lawyer figures he can win the case. One parent when we first came to the site went to a childrens lawyer and it all ended for the family. I don't know if they sued but, the case was closed.

Your lawyer can attempt to get you private visitation and if the judge says yes cps probably still won't do it. Many things the judge ordered for us they woudn't do.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Mom984

Postby Mom984 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm

I have a son named Colton too. My grandmother calls him Colty.

I know of someone who is also going through a simalur situation as your husband. CPS found him guilty, but no criminal charges were brought up. I don't see how this is possible... How does CPS have thier own court system? The guy I know has to do sex offender classes to see his daughter now. And of course he won't, as he believes attending those classes are just the same as admitting guilt.

Thats how it goes here in Maine though there is a mini CPS trial, where they eaither "substain" or deem the aligations "unsubstained"...
I wonder how this works...who the hell is in charge of these decisions? A CPS social worker? (AKA welfare to work reformee)

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:49 am

Wait a minute.... They actually tried to tell you that you're not allowed to come to this website for help? Um.... what the heck? God complex? Who on earth do they think they are? I'm chuckling a bit at it. I wouldn't be laughing if they had convinced you not to come here, but I think your responses free me up to laugh at those people just a little. Seriously, do they honestly think their authority reaches to being able to filter your internet activities and who you ask for help? Do they think they're your legal guardians?

I'm flabbergasted at their conceit.
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Congradulations! Hopefully the rest will go justas well.
God Bless!

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Hugssssss

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 am

I just caught up on reading your thread. Sounds like progress.

The caretaker with Cody who couldn't be bothered to stay more than an hour with the psychologist - was that your cousin? This sounds like a deliberate attempt to keep him in custody longer. I don't care what else she thought she had to do. That appointment was important!
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:47 am

I can only hope your caseworker will realize what your cousin is up to and decide to move Cody by sending him home. It sounds like they're losing the case and trying to hold on when there's nothing to hold onto.

When is your next court date?

Your cousin needs to have someone get through to her to let her know how wrong she is to behave as she's been doing. Something seems very strange to me, about this. Is she dependent on the money she's getting to take care of him?

I wonder if filing for an administrative hearing regarding Patsy's non-compliance would force the caseworkers to do something about it.
Sample Document Library

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 am

Good luck to you! Hugessssss

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:55 am

Looks like you're doing what you have to do, refusing to be a doormat. That always helps! I'm hoping Colty can celebrate Chirstmas at home!
Sample Document Library

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 pm

I hope these two girls learned a lesson about CPS reports and false allegations because guess what... their turn is coming. They soon will become young women, mothers, and ... if this isn't all resolved by then (and it probably won't be) they'll become the next generation of CPS victims.
Sample Document Library

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”