My sunshine, my everything. My illegally handled CPS case.

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

MySunshine1022

My sunshine, my everything. My illegally handled CPS case.

Postby MySunshine1022 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:48 am

I have a 10mon old son, named after his father making him a Jr. My son and my boyfriend/fiance mean so much to me. My son was taken from us in Dec. of 2009, my son was 3mos old. Cps concluded we are neglecting parents because we don't pay attention to our son when we argue. But the fact of the matter was he was sleeping and didn't need to be attended to. Since the beginning of the case till now, CPS has exaggerated, lied, and went about things illegally. For example when the bitch came to take our son she threatened us to sign our parental rights over. We went to court to fight it and the judge decided there was no threat all because the caseworker swore on the bible and lied on the stand. We tried to get my son to live with my mother but their excuse was she couldn't live up to my expectations, and obey the foster parent rules. We went to a meeting and one of the parent aids made up a lie about what my boyfriend said and she made him look like a piece of shit father, lying criminal. Which he is nothing close to. This was all because we were doing so good and they had nothing against us so they decided to make up something to set us back so they can make some money. It's all about the money, and it's sickening how people can tear families apart and cause people so much pain when they have families of their own. They treat us as if they are on top of the world and we are a pebble that they step on. Get this the foster mother my son is with cannot have babies and I know she grew too attached to my son, and another reason why I think they are doing this to us is so we give up and she gets to adopt him. Well I got news for her, fuck you your not adopting my son. I am not giving up no matter how long they drag my through the dirt, no matter how much they bring me down. He is a part of me and a part of all the people I love with all of my heart. I cant explain the amount of love I have for him, the feelings I have for him. I am a mother, there is no limit to how much I love him. I cannot live without him, my life is dedicated to him. I need him in my life. He is my sunshine, he turns any bad day into a good day. I miss seeing his smile everyday. I miss hugging and holding him everyday. I miss kissing and taking care of him everyday. I wish I could watch him learn new things, and grow into a man. We are not bad parents, my motherly instinct kicked in as soon as he was born, and his father loves him with all of his heart and more. :cry:

LindaJM

Re: My sunshine, my everything. My illegally handled CPS ca

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 am

It is ridiculous that CPS expects parents NEVER to argue with one another. But that's something they use as an excuse to take babies. This has been going on for years.

1. Have you been keeping a Case Notebook?

2. Have you written a Legal Declaration (remember, never make any self-incriminating statements in these legal documents you will want to have submitted to the judge.) Sample documents linked here: Legal Document and Information Library

3. Were there misrepresentations in the social worker's report? You can respond to those in "Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker".

4. Do everything on your court ordered reunification plan. Keep your cool around social workers; act like you "appreciate" their interference in your life... but PREPARE for court to try to get the judge to like and trust you and send your child home.

Any questions, or concerns? How's your relationship with your lawyer?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:44 pm

I did have a good relationship with my lawyer until she tried to pull some bullshit on me. My boyfriend and I had to edit and sign this paragraph of there defense, after we signed it the deal was CPS couldn't use anything against us that wasn't in the paragraph. So we signed it, then a couple of weeks later my supervisor asks me to give a urine screen, she tells me I have to give her some kind of a sample or I can face jail time. I ask her why would I go to jail, she replies because of the documentation you signed, and she showed me the paper work we signed and there was more to the document that our lawyers didn't show us. And I remember specifically that I tried to read what was under the edited paragraph and my lawyer would let me read it. My boyfriend's mother is getting a paid lawyer for him and we are trying to get my son out of foster care and into the care of one of our parents. They are threatening to terminate my boyfriends parental right because he isn't going to the visits due to the parent aid making up lies and being at every visit. He doesn't want to do anything hes going to regret. He misses his son so much, it kills him not to see him. I asked my supervisor if she can switch parent aids she told me since he isn't coming to the visits then there is no reason, I told her he would come to the visits if you change the parent aid. She knew why I told her previously why he didn't want to go to the visits. Then I said after that oh right you don't want to go out of your way to help us, I have a recording of her saying she would not go out of her way for us while I was on the phone with her. And when I threw that in her face it felt good. Our plan was to move to another county where there is more people and more cases. But we found out that our son might not change foster homes. Plus there would be more jobs so my boyfriend can find a better job. We want him out of that greedy bitch's care! My lawyer is a good lawyer but I cant believe she pulled that, I thought she was on my side. I do not have enough of money to get a paid lawyer.

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:46 pm

My lawyer also told me she would look into the parent aid logs, and she would take me to court to fight against them lying. Ive been calling her but she hasn't called me back since I started calling her telling her it's urgent I speak to her. Thank you so much for trying to help and replying!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:08 am

NEVER miss a visitation. If you do (or your boyfriend) that will be held against you in court. Your boyfriend will be called a neglectful parent because he didn't attend visits.

Instead you can (1) take notes at your visit of everything that happens, and (2) write a letter to the county personnel department about the visitation supervisor's lies, explaining how and why she is making visitations difficult.

Do not bother complaining to your caseworker. Your caseworker doesn't care and will always be against you; that is her job.

To win a CPS case you must be prepared for court. You need to convince the JUDGE to send your child home.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 pm

I am working on a letter to send to the representative. Should I even send one to him? My goal is to change how CPS operates, and the laws they go by. Also to stop them from doing things illegally. I am not going to give up until there is justice, I don't care if it takes me till the day I die. I you have any clue as to what I need to do to achieve my goals by all means please tell me. I will take it to supreme court if I have to. I would also like to know how to start a petition. I will take a notebook with me to the visits, that is a great idea! Thank you!! You don't know how much it means to me to actually be getting some advice! I know not going to the visit will go against us, but we might have to separate for a while until there out of my life and I have my son in my custody. Not separate completely, he will have to move back to his moms then move back in together...But if his mom gets custody then i don't know where hes going to go. My mom would most likely get custody but you never know.

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Thank you so much! What you said was a big help, I never thought of going that far, but I am willing if it comes down to that! :twisted:

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Did you get your son back?

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

If you Mom wants custody, she needs to go directly to Juvenile Court and file a petition directly with the court for guardianship. Don't expect Child Welfare to facilitate it. She can call the Clerk of the Court and ask what the filing fee is, where to get the form, and where to file it. The fee is minimal - $25 or so.

JamieGregory

Postby JamieGregory » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:24 pm

I am so very sorry for what you are going through keep strong for your little man. It might not be any hope but im not stoping untill something is done about those child steeling basterds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:29 pm

Good luck getting your son back, I will pray for you. Keep the faith, no matter how much they bring you down keep strong, never give up. You will get him back. And there is hope, I will get my son back and I will do anything possible to get him back. If you are apart of CPS and just made an account to see what people are saying....Go fuck yourself. I am going to bring you down and make you feel the emotional pain we have been feeling. I am going to write a letter to the representative, the D.A, administration explaining the things they have been doing that they don't know about, and how they are making up lies and doing things illegally. I will take it to the supreme court if I have to. I am starting a petition, anyone that is living in NY let me know if you want to be a part of it. Thank you for giving me the advice about my mom, any advice is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to change how they operate. Now is the time to eliminate the cruelty. It is time to terminate them tearing up families for money. It is time for them to stop exaggerating situations and twisting words to make the parents/ guardians look bad. It's time to put an end to them doing things illegally and it's time to put an end to them violating our parental rights and getting away with it. We all need to step up and break this department down until they are forced to change. Please don't let them walk all over you. We need to come together and end this torture. There is most likely something you can do to fight them and make them look bad. Bring a recorder with you and record the conversations you have. Get a hold of a good paid lawyer if you have the money. Start a petition. Write a letter to someone of power that might be able to help. Write an article in the newspaper. There has to be something to help us get our children back to us in our custody. I am going to fight until the day I die, even after I get my son back. I am not going to do nothing while they continue to do these things to other families.

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm

fuck it, whatever state you live in help me create a petition so we can bring it to the supreme court if we have to. If we get enough people in different states they will have no choice but to enforce what we ask.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 am

I don't want to discourage you in any way but, the reality of all of this even on a group level one cannot fight them and bring them down. Senator Nancy Schaefer, along with her husband, lost their lives fighting them. This Mafia type movement is all over the world; it is like trying to bring down the drug lords.
Many petitions have been signed throughout the five years since I became involved.

The only way I have found to fight it, is to learn all I can to help individuals fight for their children.

Concentrate all of your energy on fighting for yours; learn as much as you can so you can help the next individual.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 am

You are absolutely right! I agree with not going along as a group thing, maybe when im old and gray with cancer and am about to die soon anyway, then I would pursue it. You could not have explained it to me in a better way. I know what you mean about it being like the mafia family and bringing down a drug lord. In fact just the other day someone non related was talking to me about the same thing. Thank you for the advice, I will concentrate on getting my son back, and research info on how I can help other families. So how does writing the letters sound to everyone?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Write to everyone you can think of. They need to have their conscience pricked daily.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:18 pm

One man was effective in using the Freedom of Information Laws to fight.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8870

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:04 pm

My boyfriend and I broke up because we told the supervisor our plan. Since he isnt going to visit I would try to get the baby back and when they are out of my life my boyfriend would move back in. She didnt like that idea and she told us that she would keep the case going if he was going to move back in. So we have been telling them that we broke up because I want to get our son back and we have no intention of getting back together. But now my boyfriend has finally sucked his pride up and is going to go to the visits now, and do what they want him to do. I am currently living at my mothers and I am going to be in my next apt by next week. So I am going to push for home visits. I have been trying to contact my lawyer for about a month now and she hasnt returned my phone calls. Ive left messages when I really needed her telling her it was urgent that she contacted me. I think that is very irresponsible of her. I know she is a busy woman but come on she cant ignore my case. I recently found out that my boyfriends mother got in contact with her lawyer, the lawyer told her that the caseworker never did a check on her file so she could have custody of my son. The caseworker told her that she looked up everything and she cant have custody, I forgot the reason why. I am so aggravated about how they lie and deceive. It has to be stopped. If anyone has any advice on how I can make them look like fools in court please let me know. Or any advice on how I can go about making them change their ways of doing things. I was thinking about going to college for a higher position in CPS and try changing things that way. I know I should keep a log about what went on at the visits but its hard when im taking care of my son I dont have time at the visit to do it, and it is hard to remember word for word everything when I get a chance. I am so lost. I want to write letters to the D.A and the administration, if you have any advice on what I should put in the letter please let me know. I would also like to write a letter to the supervisor saying why do you keep asking us to sign over our parental rights when you want us to get our son back. I need all the advice I can get. I have been so stressed out and depressed over what they have done to us. thank you!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 am

First ... STOP trying to get justice from the caseworker or supervisor. They are NOT on your side and never will be. The supervisors are worse than the caseworkers. The order to take your child came from the supervisor, not the caseworker. The caseworker just follows orders from the supervisor. The supervisors in CPS are people who were evil enough to be "good caseworkers" so they got promoted.

Why did you tell the supervisor that your boyfriend will move back in when the case was closed. Did you really think they'd ever believe you were really separated after you said that? You might as well move back in together.

Was there domestic violence? In other words, did anyone get physically hurt during your argument? If so it is doubtful they will give your child back so long as they think you're getting back together when the case closes.

If no domestic violence, then why not just get back together now and get couple counseling and work on your relationship and find a way to document your counseling so that the judge will see you've resolved the problems that led to your child being placed in foster care?

If your lawyer doesn't answer phone calls write her a nice friendly letter and tell her you've been trying to get in touch with her and tell her in the letter whatever it is that you need for her to work on with you.

Every time you can't get hold of your lawyer - are you documenting that in your case notebook? You may at some time need to prove you had "ineffective counsel".
Sample Document Library

MySunshine1022

Postby MySunshine1022 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 pm

I haven't been recording it...I will from now on. I don't have her address but im sure there is some way I can get it. Do you have any advice on recording in the notebook for the visits. It is hard to write stuff down and take care of my son, and I do think the parent aid would record it in her notebook. Sometimes after the visits I have other things to do, and I cant remember everything that was said at the visit when I get a chance to put it in a notebook. Im going to do some brain exercises and see if I can stretch my brain to remembering everything that was said. Like you realized I kind of let them walk all over me. I really dont want that to happen anymore, but I tend to not think before I speak, or think of the consequences. Im working on it...Thank you so much for your advice, it helps so much to talk to someone who can actually help me.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Write down your observations immediately after getting out of the visitation, not during the time you're there to interact with your child.

Some parents take tape recorders or cameras... like if they're seeing bruises and cuts on their child and they want to prove it.
Sample Document Library

gmaynard2001

Postby gmaynard2001 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I totally agree with LindaJM. The supervisors are the worst of them. We were sittin in court waitin for our turn, when our case supervisor turns to us and gives us an adoption pamphlet. She them proceeds to tell us that adopting our 8 and 9 year olds to my husbands parents would be what is best for them. We couldn't believe it, she was so totally against. Our caseworker never once seen our children in person, they had a child advocate that would go to my in-laws home and drink coffee with them for hours before our children came home from school. My in-laws and husband got into a fight our children being removed was the result. They have been used like pawns and it is sickening. They are ones being hurt and misled. The child advocate would make statements that my children were supposedly making, that didn't remotely sound like anything they would come up with. They were/are being coerced and misused and I am sick. We have lost custody of our children, no visit or phone calls for 18 months. Do not trust the caseworkers or court appointeed attorneys, I think they are all in it together. Find an attorner who is willing to help and will take payments. Good luck, at least I had my children for 7 and 8 years. We raised them and they were ripped from our lives and our home. Don't get me wrong they were close to my in-laws, but they rarely stayed the night there.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

gmaynard2001 wrote:We have lost custody of our children, no visit or phone calls for 18 months. Do not trust the caseworkers or court appointeed attorneys, I think they are all in it together. Find an attorner who is willing to help and will take payments. Good luck, at least I had my children for 7 and 8 years. We raised them and they were ripped from our lives and our home. Don't get me wrong they were close to my in-laws, but they rarely stayed the night there.

These grandparents are wrong to think that they're doing any good for the children by keeping them from their parents. The brainwashing these children receive is a form of child abuse, and in the end it follows them into adulthood and continues to affect them there.
Sample Document Library

jaredjames

Postby jaredjames » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 am

i can not believe i found this site!! i just got thrown into this horrible cps situation in may. My beautiful 7 year old, got taken from me, and they are pulling the same horrible bullshit with me. and when i saw your story, and comments, it might as well have been me thats talking. and i have found christian legal aid. they are hooking me up with a child lawyer, and i know its going to be a hard fight, but, thats why we are called mother bear, right? i completely thought i was an isolated case, and that they dont normally do this to people. i have been learning the exact opposite however. i have been trying to educate myself, and do research, cuz i just knew this shit isnt right. the facts that i have found out, in the last month are mindblowing. and this absolutely has to stop. not only my childs, and my pain, but all other families, and children that they do this to. its soooooooo not ok. please, if you can, or want to contact me, i could desperately use, and have been seeking someone to talk to about this, this is going to stop. my email add. is [email protected] i sincerely hope that you are getting things resolved with your son. i am so sorry about ur babys, and both of your pain. please contact me. my name is stacy, by the way. thank you. god bless. good luck.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 pm

jaredjames wrote: i completely thought i was an isolated case, and that they dont normally do this to people.

It is a totally isolating experience, isn't it? Everyone who goes through this needs to know they aren't alone.

About your email address, you shouldn't leave it on the web as there are spam spiders that travel the web and collect them so they can send you more spam. Here on this message board you don't need to worry about that as much because it is a private message board... but elsewhere on the web, do be careful. Here, if people want to get in touch with you privately they can send you a private message.
Sample Document Library

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”