Newcomer, could use some hope and advice

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

traptrealist

Newcomer, could use some hope and advice

Postby traptrealist » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

the state i live in is michigan (flint)

medical marijuana is LEGAL here. my children were removed from my home on august 17th because the cops came to my house without a warrant and raided my house. the police found my fiance's medical marijuana in a locked facility in the basement. they didnt care to see his medical marijuana license or paperwork to prove we are not drug dealers that he is a patient and has rights to have this. they arrested him and he was in jail for 3 days and they let him go with NO charges. CPS of course came to my house the day of the raid. and took their reports and let the kids be in my care. and that was the end of it or so i thought. when my fiance came home from jail 3 days later, cps came by and seen he was here and said he wasnt supposed to be here and we asked "why and no one told us he couldnt here" that day cps petitioned the courts to have my kids taken away and their reports were 100% false and the judge granted their wishes and theyve been removed since. i have a trial by jury that will start on september 30th. if anyone has the right info or any help please message me..

if you need more details, i have NOTHING to hide.

babysitter187

Re: Newcomer, could use some hope and advice

Postby babysitter187 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Only advice I can give you is to be sure to go to the dr that prescribed the medical marijuana and ask for medical documents for the need.. Ask for the dr to write a statement about his problems (why it was prescribed), what it is to treat and be sure to have the dr's signature.. You need to prove that everything was fine.. Also, take a moment to go read your cps file and get a copy.. In my state, they have to provide you with access to it.. This will tell you everything they are fighting against and give you a way to defend yourself..

Also, have on hand the LAW in your state, regarding how many plants you can have, how big they can be and whatnot, make sure you also get pictures from the police seizure (I am sure they took it right?? get the file for the pictures) of the plants to prove you were within the LAW.. That is going to be your biggest Alli I think, using the law in your favor. Whether the judge agrees with it or not, it is the law.. Make sure you take pictures of the LOCKED room, be sure to take pictures of how it's locked and how to get there, like if it's downstairs and there is a door that is also locked (so your kids don't have access)..

Hope this helps!

Marina

Re: Newcomer, could use some hope and advice

Postby Marina » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Search - medical marijuana michigan child welfare

and other related terms to find support groups, lawyers, ets.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”