When they took your kids.....

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

reach4thestars86

When they took your kids.....

Postby reach4thestars86 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Where are you at in all of this, for the ones that got their kids removed!?!?!
Did you have any court dates yet? If so, what happened?
Do you know whats going to happen at the next one?

Just want to know who has had their kids taken away and where are they at (with court proceedings) and what happened or did not happen and what will happen or "plans" to happen with cps and/or the courts.

It would be nice if there was a group for people that had their kids removed and are going through the court process..but..lol..that's probably most of the site. I dont know. It would be nice though if it was in another group labeled "Court hearings" or something.

But..if anyone is going through that..comments would help.

(My juristictional hearing is coming up)

cambreenellie

Re: When they took your kids.....

Postby cambreenellie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 am

My kids were taken away because CPS came to my house on investigation that my daughter was eating out of the trash at school. They at that time took all three of my children because if they were to take one they were to take all because siblings are suppose to be together.

CPS knew I was trying to get testing done for my daughter who has severe behavioral issues but they insisted there was nothing wrong. They immediately put my kids in foster care even though Indiana law was family first. I had a a court hearing the next day actually and I came with proof and more proof but that hearing was just about whether the caseworker had the right to remove my children. My next hearing would be 2 weeks away and this is where I would agree to services or go to trial. My lawyer convinced me that if I agreed to services and for my daughter to stay in foster care for further care and testing that my other two children would come. I was told this by the caseworker as well but guess what it never happened.

My three kids stayed in foster care for about 6 months and they were allowed home for good but state still had custody. It was determined through genetic testing that my daughter had a form of Autism and then the caseworkers attitude changed 180. I was telling her something was wrong all along.

So in the end I got my kids back but not before they were messed up mentally. They cried for 6 months while gone and had to completely change their lives when they were taken. I don't see how any of that was in the best interest of the children.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:34 pm

My misguided teenaged daughter whilst suffering some sort of mental "break" after graduating with high honors from her private high school and on the threshold of entering University on scholarship, after going online and listening to a pregnant former foster child, herself only 18 years old, decided to call CPS and accuse her father of abuse.

There was never any abuse.

And she did more, including approaching the DA and that "haven" promoted by the TV series, Law and Order, to wit, Safe Horizon . She was helped along by the "system", 18b attorneys, many of them just out of Law School and CPS workers, themselves, just recently graduated from University. All who "believe" or have been taught that all children are abused.

Six weeks before my daughter's 18th brithday, she had the meltdown and went online and Corona (yes that was her screenname), a pregnant unwed former foster child instructed my daughter as to how to destroy her family. I have no malice toward "Corona" I feel sorry for her. Yet, she advised my daughter that being in foster care was better than being with her family. Poor Corona, never really knew a family. She has since "signed" off from Yahoo answers. Her last message was that the only family she had left was forcing her to have an abortion. God knows what has become of her but she did much much harm to my daugther and probably many others.

I have since taken legal issue with Yahoo and their question and answer forum but that would be another post.

Thanks to private attorneys, our family doctor and the local police force (God Bless the NYPD) , we prevailed and she was returned within 24 hours. Our names have since been cleared with the Central State Registry.

Our daughter, still a bit shaky, is, however, under her family's guidance and not CPS, completing her third year at University.

God knows what could have become of her should CPS have been in control. She would have been lost. She might have been "Corona" or worse.

In New York State, CPS control extends past the 18th birthday and through the child's 21st year.

The whole child abuse network is a disaster.

Many, many innocent families have been torn asunder by this process and also, many children who are in need of help are left to suffer and die.

My best advice to all and everyone is to hire an attorney at the get go, or as Linda has detailed on this site, make sure your court appointed lawyers work for you. CPS doesn't like attorneys as attorneys make them work and force these social workers to follow the law.

reach4thestars86

Postby reach4thestars86 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:03 pm

My son has Autism but cps never cared. That was one of the main staples my kids were taken. I told them I was trying to "protect him" because he "wonders" at night and I was protecting him from not wondering during the night, unlocking and opening the front door, getting into the bathtub and filling it with water (did it before), etc. They didn't care. They thought of it as a parenting issue when I did it for safety reasons. To keep him safe.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:27 pm

My cousins kids were taken away 2 weeks ago for the second time. This time she threatened to kill herself. My aunt was at work at the boyfriend called the police who called CPS. While she was taken by ambulance to the hospital, CPS came and removed the kids. This was on a Thursday. Her oldest sons bio father traveled from another state in hopes of getting his son, and the bio aunt wanted to get the oldest boy and volunteered to take all 4 kids. There was a family planning meeting held the next day, where CPS refused to talk about the other 3 kids and only about the oldest boy and the problems that he had from the first time he was removed.

There was supposed to have been an emergency removal hearing held no later than last Monday. There was no hearing held. Family was not notified. My cousin was never notified. The oldest boys Bio aunt went to court the next day with notarized documents from my aunt and my cousin giving her temp custody of all the kids. She filed it at the court house on Tuesday afternoon. The family was then notified that CPS had already had the hearing on Monday and the kids were to remain in state foster care even though that aunt, myself, and my brother have come forward for wanting the kids. The same people that came forward last time and were given the children last time they were taken.

CPS claims to the rest of the family that they have no idea where my cousin is, even though she was being held in a state run facility. We THINK she is now in a rehab. My cousin doesnt know whats going on with the kids as CPS hasnt contacted her once, and they wont tell family whats going on, even though we are begging to get custody of those kids.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”