CPS took my daughter for good!!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

heidianne

CPS took my daughter for good!!

Postby heidianne » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:41 pm

My name is heidi and cps took my 4 year old in jan 02. i then spent the next year trying to get her back but failed. the good news is my family was able to adopt her. the bad part is they all disowned me. i can have nothing to do with her. She lives with my father and his Bitch ass wife. It was never suppost to end up this way. i was suppost to be with her still. i havent seen her in 18 months. i did go to her school once and watch my the park.. I never stood a chance. That cps worker sold her. I heard that everytime they place a child with a new family they get 6,000.[/b]

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:08 pm

CPS workers do not get money for every child they place. That is absolutely ridiculous. If you did not get your child, that means you did not complete the caseplan. If you can show the court that you have completed it now, they might allow visitation. You will have to go through family court to petition for visitation rights.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:16 am

It wasnt as cut and dry as that..And no CPS did not follow all there rules. they never had any intention of returning her to me. All parental rights were termanted. And my father and his wife are almost done with her adoption...I have no rights, unless someone knows something i could do. I do have a story but its long. if you would like to hear it let me know.. :cry:

heidianne

Postby heidianne » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:55 pm

the last message was heidianne

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm interested in hearing your story. Did you have a lawyer? Can you afford one now.

heidianne

Broken heart

Postby heidianne » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:30 am

On the day this happoned i was 25 years old. A single mom who had been layed off from my dot com job 6 months earlyer. I took the lay off hard. I started staying home on unemployment. My daughter was 4 years old. As far as taking care of my home and daughter that i kept up on. But i started becoming a closet pot smoker and was becoming friends with people from my appartment complex. Didnt live in the best of neighberhoods. And this was a small town next to a large city. On jan.28th 2002 the ploce banged down my door, looking for a 19 year old kid they heard i just met. And saw come in my house. I was letting a runaway homeless pregant girl stay with me while she went to the docter. I felt bad for her. it was cold outside. At that monent there was 4 teenagers in my living room. I had just got home with the guy they were looking for. I met him 2 weeks earlyer and had an instant attraction for him. He was a hottie. The police found stolen property the kids had hidden as well as pot the guy was selling. I was arrested and charged with 6 felenys. And my daughter was taken to a shelter. My parents got her out after 3 days and brought her to there house. I was released, While the DA put toghter the case. I got kicked out of my appartment ans had no money. my family disowned me and this guy was in the right spot at the right time. I didnt relizes in the end he would be one of the majer reasons i lost her. I became homeless and jobless. I started trying to fight 2 differnt court cases at onse. The court wanted me to go to prison for 16 months. for all kinds of shit like harbing runaway teens and stolen property.Sinse i was the adult i was responable for what happend in my house. Cps wanted temp. custody to go to my parents. since i was looking at prison i spend more of my time fighting that. i figured if i was in prison i wouldnt get her anywhys. I Was brainwashed by the guy. And just stuped. I married him while we were homless. We had no money and partyed. I needed it to numb the pain i was running from with my daughter. I wasnt strong enought to be alone on the streets and fight to her my daughter. After 15 months i was sent to jail for 7 months and the first month i was there i was serived with adoption papers. Cps wanted a stable home for her and 7 months was to long to wait. TEMP custody wouldnt work cuz we would have to go back to court when i ggot out and they didnt want that. " she wanted the case closed " By the way i did all the stuff i had to, all classes all programs.
On Sept 5th 03 i was released. I filed for divorese. Got a job and started rebuilding my life. in hopes my parents would let me see her. It hasent happend and they said it wont happond for years to come.
I have no rights. no money will change it. not even a great lawer.................................
Heidianne.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:45 am

Perhaps, it is time to learn from the past and move on.

heidianne

How

Postby heidianne » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:00 pm

:cry: My guestion is how do you move on? My mothers side of the family has been telling me this for 2 1/2 years. " if i bulid a life for my self one day amanda will come home" Thats what my mother says. How do you move on without your first born child.
heidianne

SOFTROSE

I'M NEW 4 KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THRU

Postby SOFTROSE » Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:50 pm

THING IS I AM THE GRANDMOTHER WHOSE DAUGHTER IS ALMOST IN YOUR BOAT, ONLY THEY WON'T LET ME HAVE MY GRANDSON BECASUE MY FIANCE' IS AN EX FELON! THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THEY HAVE TAKEN HIM. THEY SAID SHE DID NOT COMPLETE HER CASE PLAN...NOT REALLY TRUE. HER CPS WORKER KEEPS RAIL ROADING HER AS DID HER PROGRAM SHE ATTENDED FOR OVER A YEAR! NOT SAYING SHE WAS PERFEECT IN EVERYTHING, SHE DID MAKE SOME MISTAKES BUT ALOT OF THE THINGS THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT ARE NOT ALL HER FAULT. NOW THEY HAVE HIM AGAIN, AND I THINK SHE HAS JUST GIVEN UP BECAUSE I DON'T SEE HER REALLY TRYING AT ALL. SHE DID AGREE TO RELUINQUISH HER RIGHTS TO ME IF THATS WHAT IT TOOK, BUT THEY WON'T GIVE HIM TO ME BECAUSE OF FIANCE' DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? WOULD GETTING A LAWER HELP ANY?
I KNOW ONE THING IF I DID GET HIM I WOULD NEVER STOP HIM FROM SEEING HIS MOTHER, THAT'S INHUMAN! A CHILD NEEDS HIS MOTHER AND VICE VERSA.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:10 pm

heidianne,

you put your child at risk.

And seem to have no understanding of this.

It is no wonder they took your child.

LindaJM

Lack of Compassion

Postby LindaJM » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:52 pm

This is a case where the mom made some naive and tragic mistakes... but what's really horrible is that the system is so unforgiving. This young woman tried to complete her plan. Without much support she continued through the year of counseling, parenting classes, evaluations... and that's not easy. In the end she was never given a REAL chance to reform. Her child was cruelly ripped from her and her father has turned against his own child and is hiding her daughter from her.

That's how I see it. The system is a FARCE if they are letting young people believe that if they jump through all the service plan hoops they will have a chance to get their children back.

The poor child... deprived of a mother who loves her and is willing to admit her mistakes and make major changes in her life so the same mistakes will not occur again. Now this child will grow up believing God Knows What trash about her mother and that's the worst thing for her self-esteem and emotional well-being. But the system doesn't care. They couldn't wait seven months. That's disgusting.

Its for people like this suffering young mother that this site exists.

Move on? How? I agree with the mother... that's impossible! Her heart will always be scarred, burdened, grieved. There's no amount of time that will heal this wound.

HOW DARE YOU SYSTEMITES DO THIS TO PEOPLE !!!!!

To the mother: I recommend that if you ever want to have another child you move out of this country - because if you have had one TPR in this land, the caseworkers (family wreckers) can take your newborn right out of your arms and never let you have a visitation or reunification plan of any kind. I suggest immigration or forget about ever being able to have a family.

I hate CPS for doing this to so many young people. How can you systemites sleep at night?

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

heidianne

Postby heidianne » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:05 am

Thank You lyndi ...People like you make me feel better about the world...
And to the guest.. I DID MAKE ALOT OF MISTAKES, DONT YOU RELIAZE I LIVE WITH THEM EVERYDAY OF MY F**KING LIFE........
heidi

heidianne

Postby heidianne » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:09 am

To the grandmother
Find a way to get your grandbaby.... You might be the only hope, this system will steal that baby. I know not all grandparents are evil..Your daughter will thank you for fighting for her baby..
Heidi

huh?

Lost your mind!

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:08 pm

To the person who started this thread----

it's people like you that make matters worse. Why don't you get the FACTS before stating something as out of this world as "CPS sold my kid".

I am a calm person, but for someone, anyone to say that they sell kids and GET PAID is to much.

This is absolutely FALSE. I hate that you are so misinformed.
Ex-CPS worker, Dallas 3+ years

LindaJM

CPS Workers Get PAID

Postby LindaJM » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:29 pm

An ex-CPS agent from Texas wrote:
I am a calm person, but for someone, anyone to say that they sell kids and GET PAID is to much.

I don't know of any CPS agents who don't get paid. You were employed there. Surely you got a paycheck. They get paid for ripping children from their families. They get paid for terminating parental rights. They get paid for adopting children out to strangers who get rewarded with adoption subsidy payments. How can you suggest they don't get PAID?

Any CPS worker who doesn't do the job gets fired. That's it. You do the evil deeds and find some way to justify to yourself such cruelty to children and their families, and get PAID, or you get fired.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LindaJM

Payment for children adopted out

Postby LindaJM » Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:39 pm

I heard that everytime they place a child with a new family they get 6,000

What Heidianne was referring to is the money paid to the states for every child adopted out over the number of adoptions the year before. This was part of ASFA, the 1996 law that was passed to increase adoptions out of fosterincarceration facilities. Children were worth $4000 normally but $6000 if designated "special needs".

Linda
Sample Document Library

huh?

what?

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:21 pm

Linda,

that is harsh and completely and absolutely insane for you to say.

yes. we get paid to do a job. just like you probably do. we (I) did not "rip" children from their families. Nor do/did we (I) force parents to give up their rights.

By the time there is a 14 day hearing, a 45 status review.. then "X" amount of pre trials (or once the department makes a "recommendation" for termination) the parent(s) are eligible for a court appointed attny if they could not already afford one on their own.
Also during this time the dept is (supposed to be) looking for relative/kinship placements for the child(ren). If this is not being done, talk to your worker about it. B/cause this is supposed to be happening.

What I think a lot of you don't understand is that CPS "the department" only makes RECOMMENDATIONS to the court. The judge or the jury (if it is a termination trial) makes the decision if the parental rights are to actually be terminated.
Does that make sense?

If a parent signs over his parental rights, now that is a different story.

huh?

real cool Heidanne-- see PM posted

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:51 pm

To: huh?
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:52 am
Subject: ****
Go to hell. you bi**h

See--- what I'm talking about. real Classy Heidanne, real classy.

But you know what, seeing who I am dealing with, not surprised.. not at all.

heidianne

???

Postby heidianne » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:09 pm

your the one who started judging me first. I didnt start coming to this site for a cps workers oppion. I wanted support from other parents. and most people are wonderful. you are not.. Why do you come here anywhys. this is not for you......
heidi
sorry to have been so harsh..

huh?

Re: ???

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:14 pm

heidianne wrote:your the one who started judging me first. I didnt start coming to this site for a cps workers oppion. I wanted support from other parents. and most people are wonderful. you are not.. Why do you come here anywhys. this is not for you......
heidi

Um......how about you go back and read my posts. I didn't "judge" you. I just made a statement that it is insane that one--- anyone would think that CPS workers get PAID for taking children away from their families.

CPS workers get paid..... just like you get paid at your waitressing job.

should everyone be pissed off at you if they find a hair in there food. is that YOUR fault.

I don't think so.

What about all the children that are saved.

and yes, that was harsh. glad you could realize that.

huh?

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:14 pm

heidianne wrote:your the one who started judging me first. I didnt start coming to this site for a cps workers oppion. I wanted support from other parents. and most people are wonderful. you are not.. Why do you come here anywhys. this is not for you......
heidi

Um......how about you go back and read my posts. I didn't "judge" you. I just made a statement that it is insane that one--- anyone would think that CPS workers get PAID for taking children away from their families.

should everyone be pissed off at you if they find a hair in there food. is that YOUR fault.

I don't think so.

heidianne

?????

Postby heidianne » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:18 pm

why are you at this site

huh?

Re: ?????

Postby huh? » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:21 pm

heidianne wrote:why are you at this site

Because I can be.

Why do you want to be so close minded?

I have posted helpful information to some. If you would stop focusing on yourself and me as your target you may actually get something from what I've said.

Sadmomuf4

Re: How

Postby Sadmomuf4 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:48 am

heidianne wrote::cry: My guestion is how do you move on? My mothers side of the family has been telling me this for 2 1/2 years. " if i bulid a life for my self one day amanda will come home" Thats what my mother says. How do you move on without your first born child.
heidianne

You can move on, though it's very hard. I have 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls, they were taken from me 5 months ago, for something I didn't do. Your situation sounds like you put others 1st before your child. I'm not saying that's true, just what I sense. I have completed court orders, and these thieves still have no intention of giving my children back very soon. This is a messed up world we live in. But like they say, live and learn. I learned that I can't trust anyone, sounds like you still have alot to learn.
B Cassiday

Sadmomuf4

Postby Sadmomuf4 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:52 am

huh? wrote:
heidi

I don't think so.

That's just the point, they don't normally save alot of kids, they harm innocent families. I've heard of alot of kids that have been killed by their own parents, where was CPS then? I agree that they have a job to do, but isn't it a little insane to put innocent families through hell? The ones that suffer the most are the children, not the parents.
B Cassiday

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”